Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regional teams compared
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,020

Regional teams compared

May 31, 2016, 12:08 AM

Stats dont always tell the story, but when you have 2 teams we havent seen at all its a good starting point.

Just looking at our national ranks and its hard to believe we we able to win like we did in the ACC. Amazing heart and coaching.

We know Western Carolina. They got into the NCAA by beating the best team in the SoCon, Mercer, in 2 elimination games. They hit and hit alot, but their pitching and fielding are suspect. We have beat them 2x this year, and it took all we had to do it. The difference in this tournament will be the pitching we start them game with. It could be a scrappy game nonetheless.

Nebraska is the 3rd seed. Their strength has been fielding and pitching, but they do have a bad BB/K ratio. They pitch to contact it appears, and are ranked 13th nationally in DP/Gm. Its a team that we can beat with the sticks and being patient. A good combo for us so far. To begin the season the Conhuskers lost 2 of 3 to the College of Charleston, and they lost 2 straight in the B10 tournament to end the season. Some national pundits believed Neb shouldnt have mad the tournament.

Okie State is the 2 seed, and has been in the CWS 19 times (5th most ever). Last year they lost 2 of 3 at the regional they hosted. This years team lost to eventual B12 Champ TCU and a bad Texas team that just put their coach to pasture with Mack Brown. The Cowboys have a team AVG of .261 but have 4 guys hitting .299 or higher (led by D Walton .352). They have a staff ERA of 3.47 (regional best) and their top starter has more ground outs than flyouts. Their 2nd guy is a little more even, so if we meet in Game 2 we may fare better there. The Cowboys also boast the best FPct of all 4 teams, and are ranked 4th nationally in DP/Gm.

I think we meet OKSt in Game 2 winners bracket Saturday and then again on Sunday for the region title. Hopefully we can conserve pitching enough through Friday to be able to do whatever we have to on Saturday to get to a position to have to be beaten 2 times by a 1 loss team.

Being such a short event we cant be as bad with runners in scoring position as we were during the tournament. IF we start off slow facing Okie St I hope Monte isn't afraid to small ball it. We have scored alomost 100 more runs than them this year.

But, we can't small ball it with Western for sure because those boys can hit!!

I DO see a scenario where we face Western back in the Championship Bracket. If Okie State cant pitch well enough to get past the Catamounts' bats then they have a shot to take out the Cowboys. Not probable, but very possible. That would be interesting.

I hope little brother takes care of business in Cootlumbia. That Super Regional will be off the hook.

On a side note, I am glad Coastal went to the Wolfies regional. They could have won the Coots regional, and this way the little state of SC could have 2 teams in Omaha.

Go Tigers!!! Beat ERRRRBODY!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FIaEJF2fbXWlNjdDFJandDaXc/view

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regional teams compared

May 31, 2016, 7:31 AM

Good post - thanks.

I still think that Duke wins the Cootlumbia regional. I don't see USUC beating the Dookies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2016, 9:51 AM

I'd love seeing Dook beat USUCK in their own regional!!

May 31, 2016, 8:09 PM

Monte has said Charlie Barnes starts Friday and most likely Clate Schmidt on Saturday.

Gonna be a great weekend!!

May 31, 2016, 7:42 AM

Good information ...thanks for helping out the lazy fan like myself :)
+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 31, 2016, 8:17 PM

Great post thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Nice job.. tu, and thanks!***

May 31, 2016, 8:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,020
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic