Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DRAD is Getting Made to Look Good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,709

DRAD is Getting Made to Look Good

May 30, 2016, 9:01 PM

Dabo essentially being the poster boy for winning, recruiting and running a clean innovative program

Monte exceeding all expectations and generating tons of Clemson buzz

JB coming back for hoops next year should get to the dance next year

Men's golf just missing top 15

Plus lots of good Wimenz sports news

Great days to be a Tiger....Unreal days to be the AD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank BOT as well....***

May 30, 2016, 9:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soccer team also played

May 30, 2016, 10:48 PM

for the national championship as well***

DRad would have pulled a hat trick by now if he had moved on

May 30, 2016, 11:39 PM

Shaka Smart instead of BBrownell. That would have been our third young, on the rise HC for the big three sports. JB coming back doesn't guarantee a tourney berth; most everybody we play is seeking improvement on their team, so let's hope our thin front line doesn't hurt us, while the logjam in the backcourt can be a strength.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRad would have pulled a hat trick by now if he had moved on

May 31, 2016, 12:13 AM

We were never gonna get Shaka.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2016, 8:15 AM

Right, Shaka never wanted the job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2016, 8:59 PM

Really? Did he decline an opportunity to interview? From where did you get that intel?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2016, 10:45 PM

They paid attention to Mr. Smart's words and deeds.

What words and deeds? I hate that I missed them

May 31, 2016, 11:00 PM

But would definitely like to follow up on this

Or, maybe he is a good AD and deserves some credit.

May 30, 2016, 11:59 PM

He has given our coaches much needed funding for salaries and facility upgrades. I know many here don't like him, but I think he's doing a fine job at Clemson.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I wholeheartedly agree... I find it strange that T-Netters

May 31, 2016, 1:31 AM

do not give him any credit. He is a huge part of our recent athletic success. I knew he was gonna be big when we hired him. He is just as energetic and innovative at the AD position than the coaches he hires. And he knows how to create/spend money that's for sure. CFB and college sports in general are big money. D-Rad is our CEO/CFO making sure our university is running with the best in the country.

A bunch of people here can't get over the Brownell extension

May 31, 2016, 8:29 AM

Of course they don't have access to 95% of the information that DRad had when he made the decision, nor do they know what he may be planning long-term.

I agree. They also hold the long-term contract for Paul Hewitt against him.

May 31, 2016, 9:18 PM

However, if Brownell made the Final Four like Hewitt did we would want him to get a lifetime contract. We want to give Dabo one for what he did too. The truth is, if DRad hadn't locked Hewitt down at the time he would have looked like a really bad AD. Taking care of very successful coaches is a risk schools have to take to remain competitive.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think Hewitt and Brownell are not quite the same example..

May 31, 2016, 9:34 PM

Granted, Hewitt had the benefit of Cremins leaving and Brownell had the benefit of Purnell leaving. Hewitt used the platform that Cremins left to reach a lil higher. Brownell hasn't even reached Purnell's level of "success". I'm not a squeaky wheel, but I didn't agree with the buyout in extension and not just the extension in principle. Matter of fact, I didn't agree with the hire...

I'm not equating Brownell and Hewitt at all.

May 31, 2016, 9:41 PM

My point was that many Clemson fans criticize DRad because of the Hewitt buyout and extension, but if a Clemson coach (such as Brownell) made the Final Four, Clemson fans would want to lock him into a secure deal. Look at the success Dabo had last year. Some of our fans were calling for a lifetime contract, while others are saying "give him whatever he wants."

drad inherited the hewitt contract

May 31, 2016, 10:01 PM

the GT AD before drad (dave braine) signed hewitt to the insane contract, not drad.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he surely made up lost ground with Brownell's...

May 31, 2016, 10:46 PM

LOL

My clarity is clear now...

May 31, 2016, 10:44 PM [ in reply to I'm not equating Brownell and Hewitt at all. ]

Vey well said, I can definitely agree with this. Just as well, I don't equate a lopsided buyout with security for recruiting purposes. His resume didn't warrant such a knee jerk reaction to a few notable wins at the end of the season...

Re: Or, maybe he is a good AD and deserves some credit.

May 31, 2016, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Or, maybe he is a good AD and deserves some credit. ]

Cmon dude. Football success is generating the money and DRad has absolutely nothing to do with it. He gave Brownell an atrocious extension. Women's Bball is a literal laughing stock - one of his only hires. Lee hasn't even finished his first season. And he didn't hire the golf coach or the soccer coach. Ease up on the hyperbole.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic