Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When is the last time a coach from a big program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,196

When is the last time a coach from a big program

May 26, 2016, 8:13 PM

was fired in May?

Going to be a interesting job search.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When is the last time a coach from a big program

May 26, 2016, 8:28 PM

Jim Tressel or Butch Davis probably

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 26, 2016, 8:39 PM

Since when is Baylor a "BIG PROGRAM " ? LoL , Briles built them up with his , uhh ... particular talents but this is Baylor . They're a traditional loser and nobody , much like the USuC and I fully expect they will now return , with haste .
My guess is that within 2 years Baylor will again be the B12 whipping boys , as is expected throughout history ...like the coots .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 26, 2016, 8:43 PM

Think Veneables will get a call ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I don't think any coach in their right mind ...

May 26, 2016, 8:57 PM

... would touch that mess right now.

Let an assistant get them through this season with a cobbled together staff and then once the university has a better idea of the ramifications of their situation they can conduct a proper interview process next December.

correct***

May 26, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: When is the last time a coach from a big program ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 26, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: When is the last time a coach from a big program ]

Baylor was a fairly good program in the 1990s. Despite the unknowns of this season, I believe the program will survive and more importantly with a brand new stadium somebody will jump at the opportunity if they don't retain the staff. The real issue would be recruiting which is in limbo.

Interesting situation!

May 26, 2016, 10:34 PM

How far Baylor has fallen indeed. While they were not powers by any means, from all accounts Grant Teaff ran a very clean program and was a gentleman of pretty high moral standards from what I have read. Now, this we are seeing unfold. I do not believe any decent coach would touch them right now, nor should the school rush. Let an assistant volleyball equipment manager coach them if you have to fire every assistant for being complicit. Meanwhile start your coaching search, and have it in place as soon as is feasible to get the next season started.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2016, 9:02 PM

Illinois fired their coach in August.

Mike Price at Bama?***

May 26, 2016, 11:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that ! Price yelling "Roll Tide" to the stripper ..

May 27, 2016, 9:22 AM

How to get and lose your dream job in a matter of months. Sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm Rolling!!!***

May 27, 2016, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Mike Price at Bama?*** ]

How about getting hired and fired the same December?

May 27, 2016, 7:17 AM

O'Leary at ND.. that was pretty crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Steve Spurrier

May 27, 2016, 9:09 AM

Wait..he cheated but didn't get fired. Got a 75 ft banner which is basically the same thing, right?

Ooops ...he didn't get fired he quit on his players , the school, and the fans. .

Double ooops, he didn't quit in May , he quit in the middle of the season, but at least he waived his salary.

Ah dangit. Oops to the 3d power. he didn't forfeit his salary. He took the money and ran.... Further sticking it to the school.

Why is this guy coot worshipped exactly?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Usuc fans are blind and deaf when it comes to Spurrier.

May 27, 2016, 9:20 AM

That's the only way I can explain it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic