Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kearse..signing bonus of only $65,000 is a slap in the face!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Kearse..signing bonus of only $65,000 is a slap in the face!

May 4, 2016, 7:43 PM

Even Mack got $1,400,000.

Obviously the Pros saw what we the fans did.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy, popcorn in the microwave.....***

May 4, 2016, 7:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

That had to be a big disappointment !***

May 4, 2016, 7:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kearse..signing bonus of only $65,000 is a slap in the face!

May 4, 2016, 8:27 PM

Perspective is everything.

Most Clemson graduates would be beside themselves with joy if they got a $65,000 signing bonus at the their first jobs. $65K isn't millionaire money but compared to most of us Kearse has a good start. He can make the team and get paid well. Or he can head north to Canada for a nice paycheck. He has lots of options and opportunities. I hope he takes advantage of his situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2016, 12:12 AM

But he didn't even get his degree yet!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harley, your 1st sentence is everything +1. I can't figure

May 10, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Kearse..signing bonus of only $65,000 is a slap in the face! ]

out how so many miss your 3-word sentence. But it is as simple as that

May 4, 2016, 8:34 PM

Actually the pros just paid him what a draft pick in that area gets. He gets paid 65k to tryout. If he makes the team he gets 600k a year. That's enough to pay for the diapers for his daughter. We get it he gave up on us. Let it go. He still made out OK and godly he learned from it. Now if only you and a lot of others can let it go.

May 10, 2016, 9:39 AM

It's not really a tryout. They signed him to an actual contract, but obviously he can be cut at any time, so I see what you mean.

May 4, 2016, 8:42 PM

I'd gladly take 65k to start a new job. It'd help with my 4 yr olds soccer and t-ball stuff and my 1 yr olds diapers and wipes.

May 4, 2016, 8:49 PM

built more like an NFL receiver.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why talk trash about former players? What is gained?

May 4, 2016, 8:56 PM

It's not like he is Chad Kelly or something. I don't get it.

How much was your signing bonus today?***

May 4, 2016, 9:00 PM

May 4, 2016, 9:31 PM

65,000 is a lotta money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused

May 4, 2016, 11:02 PM

Is it a slap in the face? Or is it what you thought he was gonna get?

And to think this dude played on a one loss ACC and Orange Bowl Championship team and was a major contributor...would have never known

Re: I'm confused

May 5, 2016, 8:11 AM

Poor guy cant even see when someone is making fun of him.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: I'm confused

May 5, 2016, 11:54 AM

Kearse getting paid 65 grand with alot more coming this season is making fun of someone? #### make me a part of that joke!

The OP is almost as big of a joke as you are

65K and no student loans.. yeah, thats an amzing start

May 4, 2016, 11:18 PM

in life.. oh yeah, work hard and make 600k this year. Wow.
Sorry Bill, don't see it on this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wish I could have gotten slapped with a $65k signing

May 4, 2016, 11:22 PM

bonus after finishing my degree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2016, 11:59 PM

Where's the line to get slapped? I'm happy to wait my turn for $65K.

Sometimes you try too hard to post about something Bill...this is one of those times.

May 5, 2016, 4:23 AM

The signing bonus is great, but he left a lot on the table. When it's all on the line everyday at your job, the boss notices and you get paid accordingly. Most of you probably check tigernet, texts, phone calls while on the clock at work (which is like stealing time from the co) instead of producing (earning money for the co), so you could be paid more. I hired a new assistant this week and already gave her a raise. I appreciate good help and try to pay accordingly. That being said, be on your cell, etc not so much with raises.

May 5, 2016, 4:25 AM

He also will have time to improve his stock and make more, but if he slacks off after making the team, he better be putting some of his money away for real life.

May 5, 2016, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Kearse..signing bonus of only $65,000 is a slap in the face! ]

Those are some bold assumptions you just made about "most of" us...with no basis at all. If you've got a problem with some of your own employees, then you should handle it.

Otherwise, kindly keep your ASSumptions to yourself about my professional career, of which you know nothing about. Deal?

This could be a very good object lesson for anyone who is

May 11, 2019, 2:36 PM

considering just "coasting" into the NFL. Two players from the same college team, same year, both defensive backs, one gets 1.4 Mil signing bonus for perceived very good work ethic and results, another gets $65,000 for potential, but question marks on work ethic and results. That works out to a difference of $89,000 per game of the last college season for the 15 games Clemson played, where those opinions were finalized. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it is very real in terms of dollars in these two cases.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$1.4 Mil vs $ 65,000 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

May 5, 2016, 8:48 AM

Greene's signing bonus vs JK's signing bonus. Several posters above said normal people would love that $65,000 bonus for their new job. TRUE, but JK lost money compared to where he should have/could have went.

Hope Kearse makes the team and 4 years from now they'll really have to pay him.Right now it's just making the team as 7th round pick and staying on the team, throughout that rookie 7th round contract to get paid.

Re: This could be a very good object lesson for anyone who is

May 5, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to This could be a very good object lesson for anyone who is ]

Great point! The big bucks are made playing college ball. When you are the best in college, it translates to big bucks in the pros. You only have to play about 26 games in college at an elete level and dominate at your position and you will be noticed and paid accordingly. You ball out at the end of a season you get noticed more, you "goof off" and that gets noticed too.

May 5, 2016, 8:54 AM

Kearse will be fine. He is going to be successful in the NFL. While I know there are many Tiger fans who recognized an issue at the end of last season.....I am willing to bet almost all of us would love for Kearse to represent the Tigers well in the NFL. He has 3 years to show the Vikings why they drafted him. Then the really big paycheck will come his way. I believe he will make the most of this opportunity.

$1,400,000 vs $65,000 signing bonus difference for backfield teammates was my point!

May 5, 2016, 9:08 AM

Saying, Keese's performances in his last year at Clemson were perceived to be subpar by some fans, me included, and obviously by the NFL teams too, based on a relatively low signing bonus.

Know that #1 earned ny forever respect by chasing down that ULrunningback headed for the winning TD at DV in 2014..especially due to Kearses long gait.

Nuff said!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hear ya man, but its coming across like you hate the guy

May 5, 2016, 9:36 AM

Kearse is first and foremost a Clemson man, he dedicated his college career to Clemson and stayed out of trouble and made some big plays over his career. ITs ok I guess to question his decision but as long as we come back to the main focal point that he was Clemson Tiger and we should praise him for deciding to come here and play and not FSU or UF or UGA.

Re: $1,400,000 vs $65,000 signing bonus difference for backfield teammates was my point!

May 5, 2016, 11:57 AM [ in reply to $1,400,000 vs $65,000 signing bonus difference for backfield teammates was my point! ]

Is it not common sense that a 2nd round pick will make more than a 7th round pick? After all it doesn't matter where you are drafted, just think of the way everybody talks about Clowney and how he will be bankrupt in a few years. Kearse will have the chance to earn his money. Hopefully he won't be absolutely terrible for Minnesota like he was at Clemson and be on the field for every down of the game hahahahahaha

Tajh was one of our best and he worked his ### off.***

May 5, 2016, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As were Spencer Shuey and Rod McDowell.***

May 5, 2016, 12:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many undrafted OL too. Was Eric MacLain drafted?

May 5, 2016, 12:37 PM

The comments about Kearse are ludicrous. He is definitely the most disrespected player by some of our fans in a while. Luckily the vast majority of us support our other former players and Kearse. I hope he never reads these boards.

Re: Many undrafted OL too. Was Eric MacLain drafted?

May 5, 2016, 12:56 PM

First team all american, never left the field, Venables believed in him and left him on the field constantly.

But the tigernet coaches didn't think his effort was there.. hahahahahaha

Good call on the disrespect part. Hard to believe he was on a one loss team, ACC orange bowl championship team.

He cost all the fans a chance at THIER national championship and a chance to brag at the water cooler hahahahaha

Re: Tajh was one of our best and he worked his ### off.***

May 6, 2016, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Tajh was one of our best and he worked his ### off.*** ]

He did work hard, but he also had the best receivers as a group in Clemson history. Some of the big games bit him and he did/ does lock in to one receiver a lot of the time.

It's simple. 2nd round pick vs. 7th round pick.

May 5, 2016, 1:02 PM

Nothing more to read into.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2016, 1:08 PM

2nd round pick vs 7th round pick....

Also, which is it?

A slap in the face?

Or

The pros saw what the fans(you) saw and he was paid/drafted accordingly?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 5, 2016, 1:24 PM

NFLU isnt going to like this

May 5, 2016, 1:30 PM

Who?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

65 times more than my signing bonus. Lol***

May 5, 2016, 2:42 PM

May 5, 2016, 8:35 PM

No, the real "slap in the face" is so-called fans like you gloating about being right about his demise in the draft.

Well said. **

May 7, 2016, 5:37 AM

nm

May 5, 2016, 8:45 PM

He should of played harder the 2nd half of the season. He cost his team alot of plays on the field and he cost himself lots of money. I don't feel bad for him or think he deserves any better than what he got. He better go earn his money...

Look at bright side Bill! $35K after taxes!***

May 5, 2016, 9:18 PM

let me get this straight......since me and many others here

May 7, 2016, 11:47 AM

wanted Kearse to be a first round pick and get a signing bonus of millions, are disappointed that he either did not do his homework to find out his draft status (and come back for his senior year and get a degree ....... based on his draft projection), or slacked off the last half of the season, we are "bashing" him. Personally, I hope he is a huge success in the pros and proves all of the draft evaluators wrong. Remember, it was them that evaluated him as a 7th round pick....not us.

Maybe

May 10, 2016, 8:50 AM

he wouldn't have improved his draft status by returning? Maybe we should be happy for him that he was drafted. Maybe people should stop questioning how much he cared or his effort at this stage. Maybe there will be some more Kearse's on their way to Clemson one day.

Re: let me get this straight......since me and many others here

May 10, 2016, 9:35 AM [ in reply to let me get this straight......since me and many others here ]

Per NFL U yes

Correct! I guess the stupid incompetent evaluators from the

May 10, 2016, 9:54 AM

NFL teams watched different games than NFLU. Remember the guys evaluating the players and making the picks are not the talking heads on TV that we love to hater. These guys are making picks that will make or break their teams. Do they make mistakes.....yeah....and sometimes real whoppers. Let's hope that they made a mistake on Kearse and he turns out to be a star!

Re: let me get this straight......since me and many others here

May 10, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: let me get this straight......since me and many others here ]

Gonna start keeping a count of how many times you say my name lol

Sorry for the bad taste down there 117 or 07 whoever you are. I went to the gym this morning, that's the bad taste you are getting off my b@lls hahaha

May 10, 2016, 3:26 PM

No!

A slap in the face....was the way he played the last two games of his career at Clemson!

Think about it!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic