Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it

Apr 28, 2016, 8:53 AM

AGAIN! Was there any doubt he'd choose to get his education at Clemson over that other place?

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/OrTre-Smith-at-Wando-135992/CurrentExpertPredictions

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it

Apr 28, 2016, 9:04 AM

I'm guessing he saw the Boom bus and decided it was to short for him. There's a sign above the door that says everyone entering must wear a blue helmet. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korn's fault is that he reports it the way he hopes

Apr 29, 2016, 4:05 PM

that it will go.

Re: Korn's fault is that he reports it the way he hopes

Apr 29, 2016, 4:24 PM

LoL . Wistful journalism , gotta love it .
KornCoot be like : I'm gonna type this and then maybe it'll come true if I pray to Spurrier in it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 28, 2016, 9:10 AM

In Korncoot's defense, Clemson was not pushing and OrTre was considering da coots.

But Clemson is putting the full court press now and OrTre is a Tiger at heart. Game over coots.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Apr 28, 2016, 9:13 AM

Are we still high on James Robinson's list? And how about Higgins?

I think we take 4

Apr 28, 2016, 11:11 AM

Ortre Smith is kind of a WR/TE hybrid in the mold of Stanton Seckinger but much more talented in HS at least. We are not taking a TE from what I see so Ortre can fill this role and play either position depending on how he develops. You can't turn down Robinson or Higgins who both have Sammy type potential. Of the in state crowd I hope we land, Ortre/Tank Robinson/Logan Rudolf. The coots can fight with other schools for the rest. The thing is we are in it for more talented recruits at each position. We are at or near the top for 5 star safeties Devon Hunter and very much a player for Bama commit Xavier McKinney. Same for high four star DEs Malik Herring and Zachary Carter.

Re: I think we take 4

Apr 28, 2016, 11:20 AM

Definitely not disputing this but TE is something Ortre doesn't want to hear atleast right now. He's not gonna be required to make an impact early so take him as a WR and then play it from there. He's definitely as big as leggett coming out of HS.

I think he's a better version of Q Davis from UNC. That kid turned out pretty good for them.

Re: I think we take 4

Apr 28, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I think we take 4 ]

Doubt we take 4.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Game over coots!

Apr 28, 2016, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Game over coots!***

Apr 28, 2016, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Apr 28, 2016, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it ]

Are we slipping with Tee Higgins and James Robinson?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 28, 2016, 10:15 AM

JJ Robinson could end up at UF. He may want to stay close to home.

TBH, I like our chances with Tee better than JJ.

People think Clemson leads with Tee Higgins mainly because of Amari Rodgers.

Apr 28, 2016, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: OrTre Smith now trending CU per 247Sports, Kornblut blew it ]

I think we will take 4 WRs? I think bc Florida is now in the picture for J. Robinson and Tee Higgins wanting to also play bball has caused us to look at WR that way. obviously we don't know what will happen with Robinson and Higgins so we go after in state solid recruit. If they all come then great we will take them.

Apr 28, 2016, 9:24 AM

My son grew up playing sports with Ortre in Mt. Pleasant. I know Ortre's Mom, and she's a proud fellow Clemson alumni. She ran Track & Field at Clemson.

Long story short...she's a smart woman and wants her son to get his college degree. Otherwise Ortre could have kept playing baseball and he would have been a 1st round pick in next year's MLB draft.

The only knock against Clemson might be playing time/competition. It'll be easier to start at USC, or anywhere else for that matter. Otherwise, Clemson would be a lock at this point. Also, I don't think his Mom want's him to show his cards just yet....she probably wants to let the recruiting process play out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw Elliot main Charleston recruiter, but....

Apr 28, 2016, 9:36 AM

Jeff Scott stopped in to start the Spring evaluation period as well. I like the idea of that. Jeff can pull some WR talent!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...JC Shurbert

Apr 28, 2016, 10:07 AM

He almost as big an idiot and $CU homer as Phil BornCoot. It must be really difficult to be unbiased and objective with your head stuck so far up your own a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But tis sweet.... Sugarbutt and all....***

May 2, 2016, 7:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Kornblut needed the money***

Apr 28, 2016, 10:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Hey Kornblut needed the money***

Apr 28, 2016, 11:17 AM

I'm hearing red flags with JJ but I hope it's not true for his sake. Seems like a good talented young man. I love Ortre Smith though this kid puts up numbers despite constant double teams at Windows.

A class of Amari, ortre, and Tee would be huge considering what we just brought in this class. Looks like we are sitting good with Kendrick in 2018 whom scouts was saying was unstoppable at Nike and rivals in Charlotte.

recruit Ortre at WR then move him to TE simple***

May 3, 2016, 11:20 AM

Reminds me why I got my membership here. Hoods = 5 star

May 3, 2016, 11:52 AM

factual reporting. What is it, a 2-liter soda a month?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic