Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Honoring our Past
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Honoring our Past

Apr 27, 2016, 9:51 AM

Honoring our Past

Honoring our Past
A few years ago when the 911system called for every street to have a name, Clemson responded ASAP and in the process, we created senseless names on some campus streets. On our campus now we have Alpha Street, Omega Street, Nu Street. Etc.

I think it would be nice to ta

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Honoring our Past

Apr 27, 2016, 10:17 AM

Never ceases to amaze me that Fred Hoover is never mentioned in the same breath as those mentioned from the past. National Hall of Fame Trainer, Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame, Order of the Palmetto among many recognitions given to Doc Hoover. 40 years of loyalty and service to Clemson, and rarely brought up in conversations regarding the "Legends" of Clemson. Next time you see Doc Hoover, spend a few minutes with him and you will realize that he had, and still has, as much impact on Clemson Athletics as those fine gentlemen from the past, Doc Hoover deserves the same recognition, if not more.

Doc Hoover

Apr 27, 2016, 10:24 AM

I spent about an hour with Doc Hoover a few weeks ago. I have done this now about four or five times in my life and every time I do I come away feeling great. He is a true Clemson legend. Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2016, 11:25 AM

Couldn't agree more. Especially with honoring Herman. He was a first class guy, and he deserves to be remembered in a very special way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colonel Ben Skardon

Apr 27, 2016, 11:56 AM

Another that needs honoring

Re: Colonel Ben Skardon- Oh amen to that

Apr 27, 2016, 12:01 PM

Sure does

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget LTC Dyess or MAJ Anderson...

Apr 28, 2016, 10:30 AM

would love to see alumni that gave their lives for their country or had distinguished military service like these 3 men (and others that haven't been mentioned) to be honored.

Also would love to see former faculty or staff that served the university to be honored than for a street to have some random name as well. As for 1 Mickey pointed out, it's a shame that Bob Pollock's name isn't on any of the track facilities.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2016, 11:59 AM

McFadden too but he doeshave the building I guess. How about Larry Penley Drive?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2016, 12:58 PM

Herman and Lucia McGee were two of tbe finest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. They loved Clemson.....the University and the community

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also...would love to see "Bob Bradley Drive" if

Apr 27, 2016, 1:08 PM

there's not one already in the planning stage

(someday there should be a "Tim Bourret Street"---or maybe "Tim Bourret Memorial Parking Lot" in the vicinity of McFadden)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic