Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been studying up on evolution
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1,218

Been studying up on evolution

Mar 17, 2016, 8:02 PM

Not a lot of evidence for it in fact the majority of evolutionist admit there are huge gaps in the fossil records....

Could of swore I've seen several posters on this board claiming evolution was a proven fact....

Far from it....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been studying up on evolution

Mar 17, 2016, 8:03 PM

It's could have, not could of

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 8:04 PM

"Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and paleontology does not provide them." (David Kitts, paleontologist and Evolutionist)

You mean this guy?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:14 PM

http://creationrevolution.com/paleontologist-david-b-kitts-on-evolution/

His own literature calls him a creationist.

Check out #13 for the answer to your question about transition fossils- http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

Then try this - http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topics.php?topic_id=14

Or this - http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence

Or this - http://necsi.edu/projects/evolution/evidence/evidence_intro.html

Or this - http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

But you don't want a real answer do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Literally none of the sites you posted give me anywhere

Mar 17, 2016, 8:16 PM

to click if I'm ready to become a Christian. It's obviously pro-science biased propaganda.

Re: You mean this guy?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to You mean this guy? ]

I like #7 on the scientific American site which on the origin of life it admits evolutionists don't have a clue. Yet if you talk to one they are "all about the facts"....

Well the facts are you should have millions upon millions of transitional fossils from all sorts of different species but you've only got a handful and even those are questionable.

There's a reason the father of evolution died embarrassed by the fossil record....

So you read the entire article which summarily serves to

Mar 17, 2016, 8:39 PM

disprove your "evidence" and took one point unrelated to evolution to back your claims?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to You mean this guy? ]

Yeah, dude talking about my link but doesn't even realize he is posting crap from a creationist.

Jhop, I win again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 8:50 PM

I looked at the links....

Most of those sites look like they were put together by a web design company off craigslist for $500...

I expected to actually see some evidence but basically you've found a sharks tooth and a what looks like a half bird half dinosaur...

I was actually excited to find some new info in the "evidence by example" section of the Berkeley website but this is all I got:

"Although the history of life is always in the past, there are many ways we can look at present-day organisms, as well as recent history, to better understand what has occurred through deep time. Artificial selection in agriculture or laboratories provides a model for natural selection. Looking at interactions of organisms in ecosystems helps us to understand how populations adapt over time. Experiments demonstrate selection and adaptive advantage. And we can see nested hierarchies in taxonomies based on common descent."

Mar 17, 2016, 8:53 PM
image.png(71.7 K)

Here's a screenshot of one of the other links. Does this look like credible source to anybody?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:54 PM

Lmao

Do you know what the .edu means?

It's a university yet it's not credible?

Just lmao

Mar 17, 2016, 9:00 PM

What's their budget for the year $1500?

I could make a more professional website on godaddy....

And what's worse there's no information really on any of the links....

It's the same thing over and over with no examples.

Didn't you post a link from allaboutarchaeology.org

Mar 17, 2016, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean this guy? ]

then double down on its credibility when I asked about the altar-call button at the bottom of the page?

For reference

Re: Didn't you post a link from allaboutarchaeology.org

Mar 17, 2016, 9:03 PM

Well the difference is that link actually provided an archaeological finding of a group of people mentioned in the Bible....

Are you disputing that? Certainly not....they found it, that's a fact.

What have evolutionist found to prove I come from a monkey?

Have they found the skeleton of a half monkey half man? Nope. They have nothing yet they are "all about the evidence"....

Does the idea of evolution put you in such an existential

Mar 17, 2016, 9:06 PM

crisis in relation to your faith that you are willing to overlook literally textbooks full of information that doesn't mesh with what you've been taught in church?

Re: Does the idea of evolution put you in such an existential

Mar 17, 2016, 9:09 PM

Where are these textbooks full of information?

I've looked at all his links and there is literally nothing.

There are no examples of transitional fossils yet there should be millions....

I would imagine they could be found on college campuses.***

Mar 17, 2016, 9:12 PM

there you go with that imagination again...

Mar 17, 2016, 9:28 PM

imaginary books. yep.
i bet you think there are some in high schools too.

What exactly is Berkeley?
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/history_17

What exactly is a Smithsonian?
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/australopithecus-afarensis

You imagine I could trust that Science Daily is giving me peer reviewed info?
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160315120946.htm

Nature.com trustworthy?
http://www.nature.com/news/new-species-of-early-human-discovered-near-fossil-of-lucy-1.17644

And this Jerry Coyne guy must be a wizard or moran. (in all seriousness, this is a huge file)
http://evolbiol.ru/docs/docs/large_files/why_evolution_is_true.pdf

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there you go with that imagination again...

Mar 17, 2016, 9:37 PM

A fossil from 3.4 million years ago.....

Lol!

You got anything more recent?

After all we are "constantly evolving"....

If we have human fossils from 3.4 million years ago we should have them from 2 million years ago, and 1 million years ago.....

But we don't. That's where your theory falls apart but actually it never even got started because you have no theory on the origin of life because it's a scientific fact that living matter cannot form from non living matter.....

Mar 17, 2016, 9:39 PM

^^Once again, you jump off of evolution ^^

Mar 17, 2016, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: there you go with that imagination again... ]

By the way, you need to read ALL of the links, you asked for something more recent. You got it.

A hobbit vs a #### habilis discovering his opposable thumbs

Mar 17, 2016, 10:09 PM

stupid nerd laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfO9H-Kryc

and another site that lacks any evidence or credibility
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/humans/humankind/j.html

Related: I go to church with my wife though I'm not a

Mar 17, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Does the idea of evolution put you in such an existential ]

believer. When she had picked a church I asked the pastor out to lunch to discuss their theology and thoughts on numerous issues, evolution, abortion, gay marriage, etc. I was raised in a church and think it can be helpful to have community with others and typically churches can be a more nurturing environment than other places people congregate. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a church of willful ignorance of the natural world.

He said he was formally a literalist when it came to Genesis and had a parishioner who was a professor of biology. After having several long discussions with this professor, he's changed his beliefs on that. It didn't hurt his faith to observe the world which he believes his God created and see what he now views as evidence of the greatness of God, not impotence.

the pastor might enjoy this book

Mar 17, 2016, 9:35 PM

Kenneth Miller wrote one of the best selling high school biology textbooks. His Finding Darwin's God is a pretty good look into the mind of someone who really wants to reconcile the two extremes.
http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Darwins-God-Scientists-Evolution/dp/0061233501

the miller and Levine text website:
http://www.millerandlevine.com/

He actually mentioned that book***

Mar 17, 2016, 9:51 PM

Re: He actually mentioned that book***

Mar 17, 2016, 9:55 PM

For some reason, jhop can't comprehend that evolution deals with how life changed after its origin.

He keeps jumping back to the beginning of life.

I thought dareal and several others did a nice job explaining that but oh well

Mar 17, 2016, 10:07 PM

Just FYI everybody by "explaining it" he means they didn't know....

Mar 17, 2016, 10:08 PM

They did know.

You just refuse to read in "context."

Mar 17, 2016, 10:15 PM

Ouch....

"I agree, it's absolutely a legitimate question and I am not arguing that. What isn't illegitimate is to use our ignorance of abiogenesis to somehow invalid evolution. That would be like saying we don't understand exactly how gravity works therefor we can't study it's effects. " - darealmvp

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19180152

Mar 17, 2016, 10:20 PM

Oh boy. I said they did a good job explaining how evolution deals with how life changed AFTER origin yet you keep jumping back to the time BEFORE origin.

In other words, you keep switching gears. Evolution doesnt deal with whatever happened before life began.

Do you understand it yet?

Message was edited by: Clemsonfan1851®

Its irrelevant to the discussion at hand, abiogenesis

Mar 17, 2016, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: He actually mentioned that book*** ]

Your model is we can't explain it therefore God. Their model is we can't explain it, but we are going to keep researching until we can.

Re: Its irrelevant to the discussion at hand, abiogenesis

Mar 17, 2016, 10:21 PM

Wrong....

We have much more evidence for God and Jesus than you do evolution....

We have first hand accounts that are just as credible as any other ancient document that nobody ever calls into question in the gospels....

The Bible while admittedly outrageous in parts has held up time and time again as an accurate historical document through archaeological findings.

We as believers also have the experience of God in our lives.

I've seen family members walk in a church as a hellian and walk out a completely different person....

It's real.

Mar 17, 2016, 10:24 PM

Bro, not even Jews accept the Exodus as a true historical account, and that's just one story. You're lying.

Mar 17, 2016, 10:27 PM

And the fact that the Bible "lied" about camels in Exodus. LOL

ive seen people come out of strip clubs different than they

Mar 17, 2016, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Its irrelevant to the discussion at hand, abiogenesis ]

went in. Hell a bunch of people in Jonestown were forever changed.

This post you've just made is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read.

Re: ive seen people come out of strip clubs different than they

Mar 17, 2016, 10:34 PM

If I weren't so #### bored after being on vacation, I'd leave this alone. LOL

Could i get the club name or an address?

Mar 17, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to ive seen people come out of strip clubs different than they ]

asking for a friend.

Re: Could i get the club name or an address?

Mar 17, 2016, 10:49 PM

And pigs. ;)

Mar 17, 2016, 11:05 PM

That's usually frowned upon, at least in the ones I've been to.

Mar 17, 2016, 11:15 PM

Just hand em a few more Benjamin's

Mar 17, 2016, 8:07 PM

"“When we descend to details, we cannot prove that a single species has changed; nor can we prove that the supposed changes are beneficial, which is the groundwork of the theory.”- Charles Darwin

Mar 17, 2016, 8:08 PM

http://www.evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/misconceps/IICgaps.shtml

Like this?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:12 PM

So you have a vague response from some evolution website and I have actual quotes from scientist including the father of evolution himself....

You lose again....

The best argument I've seen against evolution is JHop***

Mar 17, 2016, 8:13 PM

Ken Ham, too.

Mar 17, 2016, 10:05 PM

Mar 17, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Been studying up on evolution ]

Vague? You do know how to click all the links, right?

Mar 17, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Been studying up on evolution ]

Hey, just so you'll know, I'm considered a scientist.

Quote this, "Jhop needs to take his father's advice."

Mar 17, 2016, 8:10 PM

"It is still, as it was in Darwin's day, overwhelmingly true that the first representatives of all the major classes of organisms known to biology are already highly characteristic of their class when they make their initial appearance in the fossil record. This phenomenon is particularly obvious in the case of the invertebrate fossil record. At its first appearance in the ancient Paleozoic seas, invertebrate life was already divided into practically all the major groups with which we are familiar today." - Scientist Michael Denton

Ahh Michael Denton -

Mar 17, 2016, 8:18 PM

a paid hack from the Discovery Institute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

God help you***

Mar 17, 2016, 8:11 PM

Mar 17, 2016, 9:22 PM

"Still, there were seeming improbability, gaps in the data, and issues left unexplained. Lingering doubts troubled Darwin, so much so, that he edited his Origin of Species from one edition to the next. Doubts and unresolved issues remained—and with good reason—because evolution was theory and not an established fact."

"Even Charles Darwin thought his own theory was "grievously hypothetical" and gave emotional content to his doubts when he said, "The eye to this day gives me a cold shudder." To think the eye had evolved by natural selection, Darwin said, "seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest possible degree."

http://www.windowview.org/sci/pgs/09doubts.html

Yeah...

Mar 17, 2016, 9:35 PM

There are some pretty huge gaps in the Genesis account of things as well.

You know... like women from ribs and talking serpents and such.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Yeah...

Mar 17, 2016, 9:44 PM

Nah Catahoula, we're just not reading it in "context." ;)

You don't need fossils to prove or disprove

Mar 18, 2016, 12:43 PM

evolution. You can see it much more quickly, in a lifetime of less. Right now bacteria is evolving to become resistant to antibiotics. Gonorrhea has evolved to become incurable in certain cases. Flu viruses evolve on a yearly basis. Every time you get a flu vaccine, you're being injected with a vaccine for 3 types of flu, and it is just a guess as to which virus will run rampant or which ones have changed (evolved). Ebola could evolve tomorrow into an airborne virus and kill billions.

So yes, you can actually watch and monitor evolution in living things that are small, and replicate constantly by the trillions. For a larger animal that lives longer, it takes much more time to actually see evolution.

I remember once at Clemson a biology professor once said the most racist thing I have ever heard in a lecture, yet it true and proof of evolution. Sickle cell anemia exist in people of African decent because when you have sickle cell, while your life will be shortened, you will still live long enough to procreate. The benefit, at the expense of an earlier death, was sickle cell provides immunity against malaria, which can kill millions long before they get old enough to have children.

http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/about/biology/sickle_cell.html

Very touchy subject.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1,218
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic