Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer

Feb 17, 2016, 1:49 PM

Clemson WR will transfer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer

Feb 17, 2016, 1:51 PM

WE wish you continued success G-Hop. Thank you for your time at Clemson. Now, Next Man Up!

He WAS the next man up.

Feb 17, 2016, 2:09 PM

That's the issue. G'luck GHop!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Next man up.....Deon Cain***

Feb 17, 2016, 4:54 PM

Feb 17, 2016, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer ]

Good Luck GHop!!!! Wishing you the best!! Congrats on getting your diploma in May!! And come back to dance with us!!

Feb 17, 2016, 1:52 PM

I liked ghop but he never really panned out like I thought he would, never really improved during his time at clemson. Like he said tho once a tiger always a tiger hope he does good where ever he goes.

Feb 17, 2016, 2:11 PM

As I mentioned below, he certainly wasn't terrible.

He caught 71 balls for just shy of 800 yards, and 6 TD's over his first three years at Clemson. He did have some drops and never really emerged like Artavis Scott or Mike Williams did, but he made some plays and had some moments.

The thing that got him, plain and simple, was route-running. You could see the big gulf in the quality of the routes Renfrow ran, compared to the sort of flat, rounded-off routes with unincisive footwork and body fakes...which is why Renfrow is always so open he looks like the first guy out to practice, and why Hopper - who always leaned too much on his vertical speed - sometimes seemed to struggle in tight spaces in the slot. His hands and concentration were also kind of sketchy at times.

Because of his so-so route-running, Hopper probably belongs as an outside receiver, probably in the flanker spot occupied by Artavis Scott and Ray Ray McCloud. But he wasn't going to beat either of those two out to play his best natural spot.

Still think he starts most anywhere else, though. I think he's a pretty good wideout, he's just in a very rough depth-chart situation here. Wouldn't shock me to see him at least equal the production he got his first three years combined as a senior if he can find the right situation. Be worth keeping an eye on; be interesting to see if he pops up at the NFL Combine next year. He well might.

Feb 17, 2016, 2:12 PM

Well done - good summary here.

Good post, and I agree with all of it.***

Feb 17, 2016, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer ]

Thanks Q, good post.

Feb 17, 2016, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer ]

You know we're WRU when we have an upper classman 4* WR transferring due to lack of PT.

Best of luck to you GHopp. I hope you tear it up wherever you go. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 19, 2016, 2:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR will transfer ]

No! He's giving up that privilege! He's leaving because he's too,lazy to fight for,playing time. Clemson paid for his education. So, he's going to what he thinks is greener pastures. He thinks it's the coaches fault he don't play. It's because he won't work! Renfrow came in & took his job with 1/4 the physical ability of G-hop. He's quitting on Clemson! I'd rather ride the pines as a Tiger because I am a TIGER! Rather than start anywhere else on EARTH! He's transferring because he can't see the man in the mirror is the problem! I took up for him for far too long! He has the physical gifts of Nuk Hopkins. But, instead of being hungry, he feels entitled & lazy! He's once again taking the easy road! The results will be the same! He will play 4% of the snaps, maybe. Drop 40% of the passes thrown his way. Muff punts, fumble away a good many of the catches he does make. Because he thinks he has arrived! He isn't hungry! I really wanted him to play to his potential, but that's why recruiting is a crap shoot!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2016, 1:53 PM

Good luck to you Hopper.

Thanks for the memories.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Good luck G-Hop! Thanks for being a Clemson Tiger.***

Feb 17, 2016, 1:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 17, 2016, 2:06 PM

I enjoyed watching you play. Hate to see you go! Best of luck in your immediate and future plans.

Feb 17, 2016, 2:06 PM

I enjoyed watching you play. Hate to see you go! Best of luck in your immediate and future plans.

Next man up for the locker room dances - that was the best thing GHop was known for unfortunately. Looked to have a ton of skill, but never fully achieved. Hope he does well at another school.

Thank you for choosing Clemson.

Appreciate your time and effort. Like you said "Once a Tiger, always a Tiger". Best of luck to you.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2016, 2:18 PM

Best of luck, G-Hop!

Best of Love GHopp***

Feb 17, 2016, 2:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could Have Put Hopper To Use On Kickoff Returner

Feb 17, 2016, 2:28 PM

as well as for added depth. You just never know these days ...of what kind of injury bug that can be out there that could hurt the team.

Hate to see him go.

Once a tiger, always a tiger...

Feb 17, 2016, 2:37 PM

Good luck G-hop.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By that logic

Feb 17, 2016, 3:27 PM

Micah Rogers is a Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: By that logic

Feb 17, 2016, 4:54 PM

Micah forfeited his Tigerhood when committed an unforgivable crime against Tiger Nation. If you can't show your face in downtown Clemson without getting lynched, you're no longer a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Jad Dean is no longer a Tiger?***

Feb 18, 2016, 6:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

HUGE difference there, sport.***

Feb 18, 2016, 10:01 AM

Swag Kelly thanks you for your support***

Feb 17, 2016, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Once a tiger, always a tiger... ]

Best wishes

Feb 17, 2016, 2:39 PM

He came to Clemson. He played and practiced hard. He graduated.

Good luck to him wherever his next stop may be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrat Hopp for being a TiGER & much continued success!

Feb 17, 2016, 3:06 PM

Gut eR Done!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember speaking to him during recruiting. Polite guy

Feb 17, 2016, 3:25 PM

Thank you for coming to Clemson GHop. Good luck at your new school.

good luck and thanks for being a tiger.***

Feb 17, 2016, 3:26 PM

Think he'll land with his buddy, Swag Kelly, at Ole Miss?***

Feb 17, 2016, 3:33 PM

One of the good guys

Feb 17, 2016, 3:53 PM

And I am glad he chose the Tigers three years ago Staying at Clemson would be his best chance to get a shot at the next level but perhaps he isn't ready to put in the work to make that happen. Look for him to play at UNCC

Feb 17, 2016, 3:48 PM

I will admit like many others I always thought he could take that next step, but never quite got there. This season he also made several clutch plays when we needed a bit of momentum. I appreciate his efforts and wish him well. In fact, I almost see him going down TX way. He should be a good fit, have the scheme down, and be more talented than most on the roster. To me that's the best move for PT, but whatever he does, wish him well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GHOP with CU degree! - well done...***

Feb 17, 2016, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2016, 4:25 PM

Best wishes. Congrats on graduating!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see he graduated.

Feb 17, 2016, 4:48 PM

Perhaps he's going to another school for academics/grad school? He will have a Sociology degree. If he plans on going to the NFL, then fine, but after that, what does one do with a Sociology degree without grad school? Maybe it's the same ol theory of your resume "looks better" if you attended a different grad school after undergrad?
Whatever it is, good luck to him!

Spoken like a true accountant.***

Feb 18, 2016, 7:18 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Feb 17, 2016, 4:48 PM

Good luck G-Hop ! When one door closes another opens up
Once a Tiger always a Tiger !

Enter Deon Cain*****

Feb 17, 2016, 4:53 PM

Best of luck G-Hop!***

Feb 17, 2016, 4:57 PM

GH thank you for choosing Clemson. Thank you for your contributions to Clemson.

Feb 17, 2016, 5:19 PM

Thank you for the effort you gave on the field and congrats on getting your degree this summer.

I wish you the best in your future. I know you will represent Clemson with character and remember you will always be a Tiger!

Hopper & Blanks were the crown jewels of our '12 class

Feb 17, 2016, 7:30 PM

Just illustrates how there are no guarantees in recruiting ... too many things can happen along the way.

https://clemson.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2012

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopper & Blanks were the crown jewels of our '12 class

Feb 17, 2016, 7:46 PM

When I read the title of the article I was convinced the namei would read would be Cain, G-hop didn't caught me off guard.

Feb 17, 2016, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Hopper & Blanks were the crown jewels of our '12 class ]

and Chad Kelly

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 18, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Hopper & Blanks were the crown jewels of our '12 class ]

Hard to believe 8 of the 21 on the list are gone.

Nine 4 star players, one left

Feb 19, 2016, 4:27 AM [ in reply to Hopper & Blanks were the crown jewels of our '12 class ]

and he's actually the only one that played or will play 4 years out of the nine

Thank you and good luck in your endeavors Mr. Hopper***

Feb 17, 2016, 7:57 PM

Feb 17, 2016, 9:20 PM

We will mush your warm smile. We will miss the man who helped jell our team together with heart and love

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

SMU? Ole Miss?

Feb 17, 2016, 9:54 PM

Thanks for your contributions Ghop.

He would already know the SMU system and clearly be a starter.

Ole Miss has a QB he's worked with and didn't they just lose their best WR? Probably a starter there too.

Just out of curiosity

Feb 18, 2016, 12:47 AM

Let's say he does really good at the next school he goes to and makes it to the NFL, will his college be considered Clemson since he will get his degree here or will the next school get the credit?

Ask Russell Wilson***

Feb 18, 2016, 8:52 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Just out of curiosity

Feb 18, 2016, 12:47 AM

Let's say he does really good at the next school he goes to and makes it to the NFL, will his college be considered Clemson since he will get his degree here or will the next school get the credit?

Re: Just out of curiosity

Feb 18, 2016, 11:08 AM

I'm thinking his next school since he got his exposure to get to the next level.

Feb 18, 2016, 10:49 AM

Good Luck G-Hop. Glad you were a Tiger!!

Postgame locker room celebrations will never be the same***

Feb 18, 2016, 1:16 PM

Not a "Tiger Forever"

Feb 19, 2016, 2:21 AM

A "Tiger" don't xfer out because he couldn't live up,to,his potential on the field for more playing time, or greener pastures elsewhere! The problem is t the coaches won't give you a shot G-Hop! You won't give you a shot! You lazy! You came in with all world potential, played like a scout team player. I took up for you for too long! This trend of players graduating from a school, then xfering out to play a final year elsewhere should have to pay the former University all the money back! Hopper had all the measurable a coming in. A top recruit that was supposed to set the world on fire! Just another 4* that should have been a 2*! Good luck! I hope you figure it out young man! You wasted 3 years of our time here! The next big thing that turned out to be 1/16th the receiver Hunter Renfrow. That's all 3 years you played vs his one! If he had your physical gifts, my God! You need to learn that success in life, and on the field co,Es from out working the next guy. You have to want it more! Now, go on to North South New Old Mexico State and drop 40% of all balls thrown your way! IF..you work hard enough to get on the field. Couldn't do it here! Bit, don't try to sell me that Bull Story "I'm a Tiger forever" crap! If that was the case, you would have rather rode the bench as a Tiger, than start ANYWHERE else! But, only a REAL Tiger would know this! Good day, sir! I SAID GOOD DAY!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a "Tiger Forever"

Feb 20, 2016, 10:33 AM

GTFO you are trash.

He will be an Alumni which to a fellow Alumni means he is more of a Tiger than a piece of trash like you will ever be.

null

Re: Not a "Tiger Forever"

Feb 20, 2016, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Not a "Tiger Forever" ]

Hey JudgeJudi, how many jobs have you had?

God...what an a$$hole***

Feb 20, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Not a "Tiger Forever" ]

Feb 20, 2016, 10:13 AM

This kid attended school and practices as a student and an athlete and fulfilled his initial obligations. Hate to see him leave, but I can't blame him for wanting to explore his options. Best of luck, hope to see him back in the valley down the road.

Feb 20, 2016, 12:02 PM

????

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic