Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems like there was nine NCAA infractions under Freeze
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 978

Seems like there was nine NCAA infractions under Freeze

Feb 13, 2016, 1:45 PM

Report: Ole Miss football cited for 13 violations, nine under Hugh Freeze
By Robby Kalland | Staff Writer
February 9, 2016 8:52 pm ET

Just under half of the 28 NCAA violations alleged against the Ole Miss athletic program involve the Rebels football team, with most of those occurring under the current coaching staff, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday.

Though initial reports following the NCAA's Notice of Allegations noted that the football violations were few in number and mostly occurred before Hugh Freeze took over as coach, the AP is now reporting that's not the case.

Specifically, 13 of the 28 violations were reportedly committed by the football team with nine of those 13 occurring under Freeze's leadership.

The AP's report does not contain many specific details, but it does note that the violations range from Level I -- the most serious -- to Level II and Level III.

In addition to the Laremy Tunsil situation, in which the star left tackle supposedly took improper benefits, the AP also notes that there was impermissable contact between an assistant and a recruit. Among the violations already self-reported by the school were six instances of recruits being provided with transportation by "representatives of athletic interests."

Ole Miss has yet to respond to the NCAA's notice. The school has 90 days to do so but presently feels the documents should remain confidential while the investigation continues. The Rebels' women's basketball and track and field programs are also involved in the investigation.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25478993/report-ole-miss-football-cited-for-13-violations-nine-under-hugh-freeze

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just signed another good class

Feb 13, 2016, 2:04 PM

I hope those that chose to go there never see a bowl game. You know what you are choosing when you choose that school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all saw smoke coming from that program

Feb 13, 2016, 2:11 PM

...turns out there was a fire.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 978
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic