Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kevin Dodd had more sacks in one season than Nkemdiche had for his entire CAREER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Kevin Dodd had more sacks in one season than Nkemdiche had for his entire CAREER

Feb 12, 2016, 9:31 AM

Dodd-11 sacks one season
Nkemdiche-6.5 sacks in three seasons
Don't tell me good coaching doesn't make a difference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and as far as i know, fell out of one fewer 4th flo window.***

Feb 12, 2016, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and as far as i know, fell out of one fewer 4th flo window.***

Feb 12, 2016, 11:10 PM

This post, like Dodd, is underrated

Re: Kevin Dodd had more sacks in one season than Nkemdiche had for his entire CAREER

Feb 12, 2016, 9:42 AM

we didnt know it at the time but missing on him was a blessing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kevin Dodd had more sacks in one season than Nkemdiche had for his entire CAREER

Feb 12, 2016, 9:48 AM

Maybe not. My guess is that with the proper guideance he could have developed into a much better person, as well as a greater player. I hope his "mother" is happy with his character development. She largely is responsible. That said, I'm happy he chose Ole Miss. His enabling coach deserves the problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 10:13 AM

I think his outcome would've been different had him come to Clemson.

I snorted.***

Feb 13, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Kevin Dodd had more sacks in one season than Nkemdiche had for his entire CAREER ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 9:44 AM

but, but, but he's in the might SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nkemdiche barely got any tackles either...

Feb 12, 2016, 9:45 AM

Any team that drafts him will have buyers remorse

Re: Nkemdiche barely got any tackles either...

Feb 12, 2016, 10:27 AM

I bet ole #### is regretting that they busted salary cap for him...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has one less overbearing Nigerian mother

Feb 12, 2016, 9:45 AM

That probably counts for a lot

^^^^^^RA'd

Feb 12, 2016, 11:11 AM

For rassism

He about matched RN season with the Bama game***

Feb 12, 2016, 9:48 AM

Feb 12, 2016, 10:11 AM

True but it is pretty obvious that a 4-3 defensive end will have more sacks than a 3-4 defensive end. Nkemdiche played DE in a 3-4 scheme which means that his main job was to create lanes for the linebackers to make the plays. He was also a DT in 4-3 schemes and it's rare for a DT to get more sacks than a DE.

Dodd = DE; Nkemdiche = DT; apples v oranges

Feb 12, 2016, 11:03 AM

Better comparison would be against Grady Jarrett - who according to Wikipedia (I'm lazy and not going to any official Clemson site because I'm almost done sitting on the throne and have to get back to the cubical) - had 5.5 sacks in his career.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dodd = DE; Nkemdiche = DT; apples v oranges

Feb 22, 2016, 9:24 AM

I agree with you. Traditionally DEs have more sacks than DTs. DT are there more to clog up the run.

Feb 12, 2016, 11:09 AM

Someone should tell his "Mama" about this!

RK excels at falling from windows***

Feb 12, 2016, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

81 tackles and 16 for a loss in 3 season... Shaq had 123

Feb 12, 2016, 4:50 PM

tackles 45.5 for loss (!) and 20 sacks in the same timespan. I remember I really wanted Nkemdiche on that signing day... looks like we ended up with the better deal.

I always wondered why Dodd took so long to develop into...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:55 PM

...the player that we saw this year. I could not understand why I would see him as this physically intimidating defensive end, make these incredibly tackles, and then somehow disappear from the game. I never knew that BV had assessed him as "terrible" when he first saw him play.

I honestly always thought that Dodd had what it takes from the first time I saw him play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

My favorite former Riverside Warrior.*******

Feb 13, 2016, 7:06 AM

Feb 13, 2016, 5:45 PM

I am more than sure that he has regretted that FK job he pulled off on Clemson's Dabo, and the coaches. If nothing else has ever taught him the truth about what goes around will come back around. And with the way things turn out with him and his young FB career. If he didn't learn anything from his little FK boy stunt, it won't be all that long before it reaches out and bite him in his A$S again. Hopefully the bites will get bad enough to make him understand that being a FK boy can really hurt when you least expect it!!! With his body type and raw talent he had out of HC, I'm sure he would have been a Top 5-10 draft pick out of Clemson. I will always believe that he planned with his mother for her to make a lot of noise to help him out of his commitment with Clemson to save face without him getting mud on his hands and face!!! He used his own mother the same way he used our coaches to get friends to Clemson. He felt that he was so much better than them, and with his commitment to Clemson, he could use to convince his friends he help to get in one of the top FB schools. What he didn't didn't recognize bc he was to busy beating his chest, Gallman and Carter didn't need his help. And without him, both of them have played in NCG. The one game that Kimbitchshe has dreamed that he would have played in....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2016, 8:32 AM

maybe we used him to get Gallman to come to Clemson. Anyway, it all worked out for the best. He played in the SEC and we played for a NC during his time in college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we dodged a bullet with kimdouche

Feb 13, 2016, 8:10 PM

Things happen for a reason

Re: I think we dodged a bullet with kimdouche

Feb 13, 2016, 9:33 PM

Yes they do but, hanging out with the wrong kind of people, wrong things will happen bc of that reason!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we dodged a bullet with kimdouche

Feb 22, 2016, 9:10 AM

I just hate for him that he didn't get to develop into all he could be as a player and as a man. At Clemson, he would have had that chance. I hope his mother is happy that he has turned into the thug he seems to have become. Oh well, his dad did wind up with a good job out of it, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic