Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are VT, UNC, Miami, UL all trending upwards in football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Are VT, UNC, Miami, UL all trending upwards in football?

Feb 11, 2016, 10:41 PM

Based on recruiting and good coaching, are we starting to see the ACC get stronger in football?

UNC and Miami are recruiting well in 16-17 so far and VT has filled some big holes. Richt, Fedora and Fuente are all top notch coaches. Add to that the sketchy, but talented Bobby Petrino and that's 4 schools that appear to be moving up in the football world. With 3/4 of them being on the other side, that could spell for some big time ACC championship games in the future.

I know we don't generally like Petrino or Fedora, but let's put our personality dislike behind and focus only on the field and recruiting.

What are y'alls thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

All Except Vermont***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:08 PM

Re: Are VT, UNC, Miami, UL all trending upwards in football?

Feb 11, 2016, 11:43 PM

I hope UNC loses every game they ever play but will be pulling for the rest of them. VT is a school with awesome fans that care and deserve to be good. I hope the U comes back to give me an ACC team to hate like UNC. UL's coaches are scumbags but their fans are some of the best in the country. Lamar Jackson proving to be no joke either. A team of like to see do well is NC State. I think they are pretty far off and the ACC puts them in death row as far as scheduling goes but they signed a great young man in Nick McCloud. As much as I hate GT I'd rather see them consistently do well instead of being the team that ruins everything while having a terrible season.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 1:56 AM

I think that it will be great for ACC FB. Playing strong competition during the season, will help cut down on the mental errors when it comes to playing in the championship games at the end of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think your right

Feb 12, 2016, 6:45 AM

The ACC right now is shaping up to have four tiers:

Tier 1: Clemson, FSU: elite teams competing for a playoff spot every year

Tier 2: Louisville, UNC, VT, Miami, Duke: good programs on the rise, can beat you if you don't bring your A game. Fighting for spots in the ACC bowl order yearly. Duke has least staying power here if Cutcliffe eaves.

Tier 3: NC State, GA Tech, Pitt: back and forth off and on years, have potential but currently don't have coaching staffs or recruiting to be tier 2. I know GT won an Orange Bowl 2 years ago but they are not a consistent program and recruit horribly.

Tier 4: UVA, WF, BC, Cuse: scrubs, weaken the perception of the ACC. Recruit worse then many mid major programs.

Re: I think your right

Feb 12, 2016, 7:21 AM

think pitt should be in group 2. they will be good soon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think your right

Feb 12, 2016, 7:22 AM [ in reply to I think your right ]

also, uva will be better with their new staff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UVA may also become a player with Bronco Mendenhall.

Feb 12, 2016, 7:17 AM

He had a good bit of success at BYU and uva has dome defensive player in the cupboard. Offense will determine his success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

errr "dome" = "some"***

Feb 12, 2016, 7:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 7:42 AM

Vt has problems that are more fundamental the new staff has to get better talent over the next 2-3 years or they won't last more than 4-5. They just don't have the roster it reminds me of us in the 90s, their last several years is similar to ours before bringing in Bowden. Unc is trending up, Louisville seemed to be treading water but the qb who emerged is a game changer. So we will see. Miami could be dangerous talent never seems to be an issue but it wasn't at Uga either, so what will richt do who knows. Trending up? Unc yes, Louisville likely, Miami jury out, vt let's see in 2-3 years.

Fedora just signed his first full recruiting class

Feb 12, 2016, 8:55 AM

the prior NCAA probation limited numbers for 3 years and UNC didn't sign a full class last year - saved some spots for this year

i think Fedora has shown himself to be a decent offense coach (i think he's a great offense guy, still not sure about him as a head coach)

if Chizik sticks around, the D might continue to improve

Not sold on UNC yet. Want to see them win 8-9 games in 16***

Feb 12, 2016, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think Richt will do quite well at Miami....

Feb 12, 2016, 9:10 AM

particularly if the University administration will commit to spending the money on desperately needed facilities upgrades.

While I also think Louisville and Virginia Tech will continue to be competitive and trend upwards, I think the jury is still out on UNCheat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic