Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Harbaugh is a scumbag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,901

Harbaugh is a scumbag

Feb 11, 2016, 11:20 AM

It's one thing to hold spring practice in a warm place. It's another to pull some scholarships that you did not promise to a kid yourself (though still scumbag move)
Then it's another low to higher potential players fathers and coaches (Gary) AND now you are doing it again???
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/02/10/devin-bush-michigan-football/80182750/
Michigan is going to run out of staff positions soon. And both ACC and SEC will come together to bring him down hard soon. Forget the NCAA. These southern coaches will speak directly to high school coaches. UM has maybe one good cycle left in it before their world comes crashing down and ole Jim has another tantrum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harbaugh is VERY creepy

Feb 11, 2016, 11:25 AM

Why someone would want to play or coach for the guy, ill never know. Ima just sit back and watch it explode like San Fran.

It's going to be fun to see which situation implodes first:

Feb 11, 2016, 11:30 AM

Meyer at OSU or Harbaugh at Michigan. Both are excellent coaches, but neither seem to have a very long shelf life. Meyer has a pretty big head start on burning out.

Re: It's going to be fun to see which situation implodes first:

Feb 11, 2016, 12:18 PM

has a pretty big head and its flat too. flathead

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Michigan's AD accused other teams of offering Gary incentives...

Feb 11, 2016, 11:28 AM

When that is what exactly Michigan did to get Gary, by hiring his high school coach

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think hiring his HS coach was against NCAA rules***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I don't think hiring his HS coach was against NCAA rules***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:32 AM

He prolly has you on ignore

Who doesn't?***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:33 AM

null

I can't see any of this.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Somebody tell FM he's missing out.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:37 AM

null

Re: Somebody tell FM he's missing out.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:38 AM

Who?

The ghey guy who can't see anything.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:40 AM

null

I rely on a heightened sense of touch.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You must since you can find bob in the tall grasses.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:45 AM

null

Re: Who doesn't?***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Who doesn't?*** ]

True

He sure seemed to be the happiest at the signing...***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to I don't think hiring his HS coach was against NCAA rules*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and Michigan's AD accused other teams of offering Gary incentives...

Feb 11, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to and Michigan's AD accused other teams of offering Gary incentives... ]

Very true, I hope someone in our Athletic department tweets a link to Michigans AD calling out other schools trying to give recruits "incentives"
And then link article after article of UMs shady practices. They are pathetic up there and I really think they are approaching Syracuse level of unearned cockiness.

Can't wait to blast them and their AD department when they lose again to MSU and Ohio ST.

Re: Harbaugh is a scumbag

Feb 11, 2016, 12:11 PM

In some ways it's strategic thinking, and it seems to be working for him.

I agree he's stretching the rules to the breaking point, but while one can argue the ethics of hiring a player's - or group of players' - high school coach to then try to parlay that into influence over that recruit(s) on the recruiting trail, it's allowed, within the limits of the law.

It's also interesting how often it seems there's a correlation between a really good recruit and the quality of his high school coach. Say what you want about Hugh Freeze, he's been successful, so Ole Miss offering Freeze as a "+1" to get Michael Oher - the "Blindside" - paid off well past Oher. It was widely considered that Houston Nutt at Arkansas offered Gus Malzahn to get 5-star QB Mitch Mustain...which led to a massive soap opera. Nutt wouldn't run Malzahn's offense, Mustain ended up crashing out...and Malzahn ended up coaching for a national title as the OC at Auburn. Nutt, of course, ended up failing spectacularly and was fired.

Personally I think Clemson ought to be staring hard at John Ford down in Roswell, who took the Hornets to the Georgia 6A state title game and has produced guys like Tre Lamar and Leanthony Williams. Considering Roswell never won nothin' before, never, and never produced any players, that's more than a blip, it's a distinct red flag that maybe Ford is the next Malzahn or Chad Morris. And there's a lot of John Fords out there in the high school ranks, and a whole lot of them are better than a great many coaches who are currently making six figures to coach on the college level. So would it be unethical for Clemson to hire Ford? I personally do not think so, at all.

You have nine "official" coaching spots, and it kind of is up to a school to decide how to most advantageously use them. I do think the NCAA needs to maybe consider a "no tamper" clause where a college can offer either a HS coach, or a recruit, but not both in the same year, but until a rule like that is in place, Michigan is allowed to recruit that way...and they are hardly the first to have done it.

and the sky is blue

Feb 11, 2016, 12:15 PM

And water is wet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

He's made the SEC mad. The NCAA will revise

Feb 11, 2016, 1:17 PM

what is allowed/not allowed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic