Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've thought much about Cam in the last few days.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 881

I've thought much about Cam in the last few days.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:17 AM

The new Mercedes vacuum pump has just arrived. Of course it's to be installed on my 84 300SD, you know, the one I put a new leather interior in a few years back.

During the investigation of the system on a Mercedes diesel of the 126 body style manufactured from 79 to 91, I came to understand the vacuum pump's power come from the injection pump timing device. The IP has a Cam on the front and from my understand when a VP breaks apart (which mine did not, btw) it damages the Cam plate and must be replaced.

I may need to replace the IP timing device just to get a new Cam to drive the vacuum pump. After careful consideration it seems that since my pump is still pulling half it's original vacuum that a Cam replacement won't be necessary.

Anyway, that is the only Cam in which I am interested. I'll let you know what it looks like in a day or so.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clever, but football? Shouldn't this be in basketball forum***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clever, but football? Shouldn't this be in basketball forum***

Feb 11, 2016, 4:27 PM

I dunno, shouldn't the other cam post be in the rival's or pro's boreds?

Anyway, my cam turned out to be perfect. I got the vacuum pump installed and I'm about to bake a pone of cornbread to go with my pinto beans.

Think we need a 'What's for Supper, Grandpaw,' bored?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at me...

Feb 11, 2016, 4:35 PM

In my luxury sedan. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

dsp's cam comes

Feb 11, 2016, 4:43 PM

in an assortment of colors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's discuss gas pump vs crude oil price relationships

Feb 11, 2016, 4:53 PM

All that forward contracts and futures stiuff. So discuss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 881
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic