Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Run 1st QBs cant get it done in the spread? Re: KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Run 1st QBs cant get it done in the spread? Re: KB

Feb 11, 2016, 10:17 AM

Nick Marshall and the 2014 Auburn football team says hello. KB will be fine if we play to his strengths.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'd think malzahn could find another db in uga's

Feb 11, 2016, 10:19 AM

dumpster, but after the last two years...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Malzahn cant recruit or develop QBs

Feb 11, 2016, 10:22 AM

Thats why hes only been successful with JUCOs... but with the right pieces in place his offense is Elite.

how does that apply to Nick Marshall?

Feb 11, 2016, 10:23 AM

who developed him at QB?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh Garden City CC helped develop him

Feb 11, 2016, 10:26 AM

Not that that he needed much with how they used him at Auburn and that elite speed

so he can be successful with an undeveloped QB?

Feb 11, 2016, 10:28 AM

or no?

You statement clearly indicated that he needs QBs to come to him already developed to have success.

Marshall was a special case

Feb 11, 2016, 10:35 AM

Yes Gus needs help from JUCOs in finding talent and developing it. Marshall didnt need much developing simply bc hes the fastest player on the field and could kill you with nothing but read option plays... as he did vs bama

ok... now i'm confused

Feb 11, 2016, 10:48 AM

Gus needs JUCO QBs b/c they are already developed... HOWEVER, when they went to the Natty with Marshall, a throw away DB, that was a special case... b/c, well...

he was fast

Watch their 2014 highlights and youll

Feb 11, 2016, 10:55 AM

Understand. Would Gus have recruited him out of HS as a QB? No. JUCOs turned him into a QB and Gus swoops in. Kid wasnt the best thrower, but had elite speed. Kid couldnt have played QB for 95% of other schools bc he wasnt as developed bc of his years at DB.

yes, just like a lot of offenses that have the right pieces.***

Feb 11, 2016, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Malzahn cant recruit or develop QBs ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His offense has dominated in 2 recent nattys

Feb 11, 2016, 10:31 AM

The guy can be elite with the right QB... his problem is he sucks at evaluating high school QBs and he cant develop them once on campus

so has osu's with the right qb-pieces; many if not most do.***

Feb 11, 2016, 10:38 AM

Urbs offense is also elite

Feb 11, 2016, 10:41 AM

And in the same vein as Gus'. Spread option offense. Only Urb can recruit and develop his QBs.

so, what's your point. oregon too, alabama ran up almost

Feb 11, 2016, 10:47 AM

500 yards, 45 points on a top 10 defense.

look what fsu did with jameis at the helm, hung 51 on clemson in DV on their way to a national title.

baylor, oregon, oklahoma state, tcu with boykin, put the right pieces in place and these teams gel.

i believe clemson can be successful with a run first and/or only qb with a minimal skill set in the passing game, but i sure as heck know they don't want to.

just like gallman and others, i hope/believe kb will get better because clemson has the right folks in place. they saw something in the young man they love and if he doesn't blossom, someone will step forward.

Yes... Oregon's offense is Elite

Feb 11, 2016, 10:59 AM

Bamas? They had 1 elite player. I wouldn't call them elite. FSUs offense is good but not elite. Hard to say about big 12 offenses bc they are playing against trash defenses. Yes every offense can be good with all the right pieces...my point about Gus is he needs a JUCO QB to run his offense bc he cant recruit or develop the position.

Re: Yes... Oregon's offense is Elite

Feb 11, 2016, 11:03 AM

He was referring to FSU's offense in 2013 with Winston. Their offense was absolutely elite that year.

Yes bc Winston is elite

Feb 11, 2016, 11:08 AM

And they were pretty loaded on that side of the ball. I understand any offense with 4*-5* talent can be really good... thats not what im saying about Gus' offense. Im saying his can be elite with the right QB surrounded by even average talent.

they scored 35 points a game in a methodical offense and led

Feb 11, 2016, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Yes... Oregon's offense is Elite ]

the playoffs in scoring = champs. they have a lot of elite players, they just choose to use them differently.

38-0 against what was supposed to be a top 5 defense, then 45 against clemson. when they had to crank it up they could on demand and did.

this was about clemson being OK with a run first qb and how with the right pieces malzahn's offense was elite.

any offense can say that including gt, air force, navy and others.

clemson will be OK if kb can't become fluent in the passing, but we both know the staff[and the offense] prefers a true dual-threat to make it purr.

Uh... minus a Kick return and 2

Feb 11, 2016, 11:17 AM

Busted coverages, our defense was whipping their offense. They should be elite due to their talent but they are not...

yes, clemson beat them down to 45 points and `500 yards

Feb 11, 2016, 11:23 AM

of offense.

good think the tiger defense showed or bama'd have dropped a hondo that night. they have elite skill e'rywhere.

oj is a 5 star stud tight end that was seldom used, they are stupid deep, they just choose to use it differently.

Again... kick return and 2 busted plays

Feb 11, 2016, 11:30 AM

Its not like Howard did anything special... we just werent covering the guy. Im a 0* talent and I could have made the same wide open plays....

yes, he did nothing special on the way to the Offensive MVP.***

Feb 11, 2016, 11:37 AM

Who else would have got it for Bama? Lol

Feb 11, 2016, 11:45 AM

Like I said we took it to their offense. Howard rackef up yards and TDs with no one defending... a division 3 TE could have done the same.....

yes, 500 yards, 45 points. we sure showed them and it

Feb 11, 2016, 11:49 AM

would have gone to their QB that threw for 335 yards with 2 TDs and did not turn it over, which our Heisman QB finalist did or their Heisman winner that carried it 36 times for 158 yards and 3 TDs.

there were options.

Take away the kick return and 2 busted plays

Feb 11, 2016, 11:52 AM

And what do you have? Exactly.....

really can't if a way out of this, no matter how hard you

Feb 11, 2016, 11:59 AM

squeeze.

you can't take any of it off the board, it's there along with the ~500 yards and 45 points.

Im not saying the scores shouldn't count

Feb 11, 2016, 12:02 PM

Im saying the kick return wasn't on the defense and my 3rd grader could have scored twice if he was left wide open

well, then maybe bv can get some 4th graders to cover them?

Feb 11, 2016, 12:04 PM

and it all counts, no matter how hard you squeeze.

Im sure Mack being out had nothing to do

Feb 11, 2016, 12:07 PM

With the busted coverage... and say what you want but our defense... especially the front 7, whooped Bama.

injuries happen, that's why girls don't play the game.

Feb 11, 2016, 12:09 PM

any more IFs? i mean that ~500 yards and 45 points hasn't come off the board yet, but i wouldn't let that dissuade you.

maybe we could ask the board to help IF you're running short?

Our defense didnt give up 45... please see special teams

Feb 11, 2016, 12:13 PM

And if you wanna think outside of the 2 busted plays that Bamas "elite" lol offense was still owning us... go right ahead. Instead of asking the board, why dont you ask Boulware about getting owned as you claim lol ill get the popcorn

45 points, ~500 yards are still there and it's a myth that

Feb 11, 2016, 12:16 PM

eating helps you sober up, so the popcorn won't help.

Says the one claiming our D gave up 45 points to Bama lol

Feb 11, 2016, 12:18 PM

But hey, its 5 oclock somewhere

yes, they scored 45 points, put up ~500 yards in O, had a QB

Feb 11, 2016, 12:25 PM

pass for 335 yards with 2 TDs, O interceptions, a TE[mvp] with 200+ receiving yards & a rb rush for 158 & 3 TDs.

you haven't, can't and won't change any of that, but here you are banging away at an impossibility.

would pictures help?

Speaking of popcorn

Feb 11, 2016, 5:54 PM [ in reply to 45 points, ~500 yards are still there and it's a myth that ]

I'm all out....hold that thought while I go make some more...

And don't get me started on the fraud that is MSU

Feb 11, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to they scored 35 points a game in a methodical offense and led ]

And 10 win florida

i don't want you getting started on anything else.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:24 AM

almost any offense is elite with the right pieces.

By right pieces I didnt mean

Feb 11, 2016, 11:28 AM

A team full of 4* and 5* players... no **** a offense would be great with talent like that.

right pieces = right pieces, i don't care what they were

Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 AM

rated.

teams build to their needs and strengths, offensive and defensive philosophies. can they do what you need them to do, when you need them to do it - consistently execute.

if the answer to the question(s) is yes, you have the right pieces and the boom usually happens.

clemson will be OK-fine-good maybe even great if kb doesn't develop as a serious threat in the passing game, but clemson's offense will have to be fitted to suit his strengths, which means limited, which means defenses can game plan accordingly.

if he wins the comp, god bless his little cotton socks, then they'll all suit up and go play and i'll be cheering with the rest of the tiger faithful.

And to my point... 2013/14 Auburn proved

Feb 11, 2016, 11:41 AM

You can win, and win big, with a limited offense with the right guy running it.

great, as i said, any offense can win with the right pieces.

Feb 11, 2016, 11:44 AM

it's pretty basic.

Every offense has the "right pieces"

Feb 11, 2016, 11:49 AM

Thats why you recruit specifically for your system so that there is no missing piece. Doesnt make your offense elite.

no, they don't for any number of reasons. i doubt every

Feb 11, 2016, 11:58 AM

team gets their first choice on their board, they may be left with their 10th plus choice, so there were 9 choices they had above, plus graduation, injury and other.

you have to play 11, but if you have your first 11 or somewhere close, then i'd say there's a good chance you'll be elite - whether that's a proficiency, points per game or top driven, but that depends on the team philosophy.

That statement nullifies your original argument

Feb 11, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Every offense has the "right pieces" ]

First you said, with the right pieces in place, Gus's offense is elite. Now you say "Every offense has the 'right pieces' That's why you recruit specificallfy for your system so that there is no missing piece. Doesn't make your offense elite."

So according to you...

-Gus's offense is only elite with the right pieces in place
-Every offense has the right pieces because of recruiting
-Gus's offense would be included under the "Every offense" blanket
-Therefore, because every offense has the right pieces and because Gus's offense is elite with the right pieces, Gus's offense is ALWAYS elite, per your arguments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That statement nullifies your original argument

Feb 11, 2016, 12:33 PM

a + b = b + a

Please see where I said he cant recruit QBs

Feb 11, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to That statement nullifies your original argument ]

Outside of proven JUCOs

But if that's the case, then your statement of

Feb 11, 2016, 12:38 PM

"every offense has the right pieces" is incorrect. Or did you mean to say "every offense in the world except Auburn's has the right pieces?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He clearly recruited them with the intention of them

Feb 11, 2016, 12:42 PM

being the right piece... he just sucks at evaluating talent at the QB position and/or developing it. For his offense they are the right piece... they just aren't elite.... or most the time good for that matter.

But you said when Gus has the right pieces in place his

Feb 11, 2016, 12:45 PM

offense is elite. Now you say "For his offense they are the right piece"

So if they are the right piece, then with those QB's his offense is elite. That's using your words, not mine.

I clarified in another post that by right piece i meant QB

Feb 11, 2016, 12:47 PM

for his system.....

You're still making two opposite arguments

Feb 11, 2016, 12:51 PM

you have to admit you were wrong on at least one of them. If you don't understand that, then I can't help you and may God have mercy on your soul

No, you are just assuming because said player is the right

Feb 11, 2016, 12:54 PM

piece that that means that player is actually good... I give you GTs WRs. They are the right piece for that sucky, non elite offense... but that doesn't mean they are great players. They aren't. So yes you can have the right pieces and not be elite... that's goes back to offensive philosophy.

But you specifically said when Gus has the right

Feb 11, 2016, 1:02 PM

pieces his offense is elite. So with that explicit statement, Gus cannot have the right pieces and not be elite. Those are your words, and now you're trying to backtrack without admitting that one of the two opposing statements is incorrect.

Again, I clarified what i meant by right pieces...

Feb 11, 2016, 1:06 PM

Its not hard to understand... with a JUCO QB his offense is elite, with his recruit at QB its not. Plain and simple. The rest of the team can be average, but the QB determines if its elite or suck.

So now you're saying when Gus recruits a QB that didn't

Feb 11, 2016, 1:10 PM

come from JUCO, he is not the right piece?

How does that not conflict with the following:

"Every offense has the 'right pieces'...Thats why you recruit specifically for your system so that there is no missing piece."

DEAR GOD JUST BC HES THE RIGHT PIECE

Feb 11, 2016, 1:11 PM

DOESNT MEAN HE DOESNT SUCK. Being the right piece doesn't make you elite! SEE GTS WRS!!!!!

DEAR GOD YOU SAID IF GUS HAS THE RIGHT PIECES HIS

Feb 11, 2016, 1:16 PM

OFFENSE IS ELITE, THEREFORE IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE'S GOOD OR HE SUCKS ACCORDING TO YOUR ORIGINAL ARGUMENT, ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHETHER OR NOT HE'S THE RIGHT PIECE. This is a good time to admit you were wrong somewhere, or everywhere.

By the way, GT's offense was 12th in scoring in 2014 at 38 points per game, while clemson was 54th.

And you still continue to ignore my clarification

Feb 11, 2016, 1:18 PM

... thats cool

are you only basing this on Jeremy Johnson?

Feb 11, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to He clearly recruited them with the intention of them ]

he seemed to do pretty well with Marshall

Marshall went to UGA and then community college first***

Feb 11, 2016, 12:49 PM

i know....

Feb 11, 2016, 1:20 PM

but he was still recruited by AU

After JUCO moved him to QB

Feb 11, 2016, 1:23 PM

Gus wouldnt have recruited him as such out of hs

Marshall came from a JUCO....

Feb 11, 2016, 12:50 PM [ in reply to are you only basing this on Jeremy Johnson? ]

and im basing it off the 2 crap QBs he had last year and his swing and a miss on the next best thing Keihl Frazier.

Bama's offense isn't elite?

Feb 11, 2016, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Yes... Oregon's offense is Elite ]

You do understand that QB'S and skill players aren't the only elite players on an offense, right? If not I'll educate you a bit - Bama's O, and D, are loaded with 4 & 5 stars. In fact they go two deep or more with that talent.

Just because their offense isn't flashy doesn't mean it isn't elite.

***This is directed @ North Bammer Tater

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Thanks for the common core guide to stupidity

Feb 11, 2016, 8:18 PM

Just bc they have 4 and 5 stars doesnt mean they have an elite offense. In fact, they were a 1 man offense. You fail, just like in school...

Oh wow - found juan

Feb 11, 2016, 8:28 PM

You're calling me stupid and yet you say Bama doesn't have an elite offense? Let me ask you this... What would Wayne Gallman have had yardage wise behind Bama's line? I'd say very similar numbers to Henry. So that disproves your theory. Any decent, hell any slightly below average, back could thrive behind Bama's line. So they must not be a one man offense. It does take 11 btw.

Fail in school? Lol - love that childish insult you weakly tried to volley to my side of the court.

You want your ### kicked again? Just say when

Oh look, a internet tough guy

Feb 11, 2016, 8:32 PM

Lol CLASSIC! Btw rambo, bama fans admit their offense is not elite. Keep collecting fails big man.

Re: Oh look, a internet tough guy

Feb 11, 2016, 8:37 PM

Really? That's the best you have? You're projecting your so called "internet tough guy" persona on me - which is an epic fail because you resorted to insults when I simply gave an intelligent response to your post.

The word fail.

You seem very familiar with it

lol your tough guy shtick is hilarious

Feb 11, 2016, 8:45 PM

sad, but hilarious.

Still no rebuttal to what I stated as fact...

Feb 11, 2016, 9:09 PM

What's next? Let me guess. A parking lot meeting?

You're not very witty or smart

Uh it wasnt a fact it was your OPINION

Feb 11, 2016, 9:32 PM

lol... wow. You are clever aren't you... btw smart guy, your OPINION is not that of a majority Bama fans.... they may know a tad more about their team than you do lol what? you gonna kick their *** now too? lol

I mean 2013

Feb 11, 2016, 11:10 AM

I was thinking of the 2014 Natty but that would be the 2013 Auburn team.

Re: Run 1st QBs cant get it done in the spread? Re: KB

Feb 11, 2016, 11:11 AM

I thought DW was the QB, he is pretty good ?
No

DW4 is elite in an elite offense

Feb 11, 2016, 11:14 AM

The question on the board is who replaces him after this year/Can KB hold off the younger guys with better arms.

Re: DW4 is elite in an elite offense

Feb 11, 2016, 11:18 AM

Oh I'm not going to worry about that mess til after next season.
We have one more season with the Best QB in the land.
After DW leaves we will have 3 very good QBs to chose from.

We're npt stockpiling WR's for a run 1st QB..

Feb 11, 2016, 11:46 AM

Never happen.

let's hope they sharpen their blocking skeelz.***

Feb 11, 2016, 12:32 PM

im just here to make the thread count higher***

Feb 11, 2016, 12:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: im just here to make the thread count higher***

Feb 11, 2016, 1:00 PM

+ one more post on this thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic