Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all of the teachers on the board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,114

For all of the teachers on the board

Feb 10, 2016, 6:46 PM

Do any of yall have experience with Edmodo? I'm working on making my class 100% paperless and using google drive for a class of 20 is a pain. However, I have no idea how to use edmodo or how to do anything with it. How do I use Edmodo particularly in putting my work up for students to complete (all of my work is on google drive) and how to have them turn it in. TIA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: For all of the teachers on the board

Feb 10, 2016, 6:54 PM

Haven't really used it but I know a little about it. It's formatted similar to Facebook. As far as documents and other websites, you can ##### links and even create tests and quizzes. Best thing for you to do would be to sign up and play around with it before signing your students up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 6:56 PM

T-mailing u my district email. I ran my class on edmodo for 2 yrs before my district forced me to Schoology. I will help u best I can.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 7:38 PM

Same here but I like schoology better.

Feb 10, 2016, 10:02 PM

Gradebook is better and the adult information sharing side is better on Schoology. I don't like how Schoology limits collaboration between students. There are also some subtle differences in the online quiz functions that make me miss edmodo in certain situations. Overall I agree that the total package edges edmodo in power and versatility. I was just bummed about having to burn the extra clock to migrate all my stuff to a new platform when I had a pretty sweet set up! :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used it a few years ago in high school for AP Language.

Feb 10, 2016, 7:37 PM

If you really want, you can Tmail me and I can send you my teacher's email address and contact info. He's a nice guy and really liked using Edmodo. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you had a few questions for him. I really can't help you since its been awhile since I last used it.

Feb 10, 2016, 8:51 PM

Wife said Google classroom is better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall Google classroom is better than Edmodo.

Feb 10, 2016, 8:55 PM

But, sometimes kids have a hard time attaching their assignments to the turn-in feature in Google Classroom. This is why I have both.

I am in a one-to-one school and they all have IPADS. About 50% of my students prefer doing their work electronically as opposed to paper but I am a math teacher so technology is somewhat expected.

T-Mail me any questions and I'll be glad to help with whatever issue/question you have.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kudos to all the teachers.

Feb 10, 2016, 10:09 PM

Thank you for what you do. Along with police, the most underpaid professions in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 10, 2016, 10:52 PM

Hey guys I really appreciate all of the help. We are also going to one to one next year with the new HP Revolve 810's. Right now we are in soft roll out phase with classroom sets so we can debug our system before we go one to one.

We are voting on whether to use google classroom at the end of the year (for next year). While that will integrate better with everything we do on google, I need something for my classes this year.

For those of you willing to help I would really appreciate you t-mailing me the school email addresses and I will email you in the morning when I get to work.

This is why I love being a Tiger Fan! We help brethren out!

Thanks Again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Feb 10, 2016, 11:37 PM

One good thing about Edomodo recently (in the past year) is that they have allowed the library to link with google drive. This makes it easier for students to find assignments and link them to assignments you have posted.

If you use either Edmodo or Google Classroom get students in the habit now of utilizing the new folder in google drive to make it easier to keep track of their work.

feel free to message me if you have any more questions feel free to message me. I help teachers at my school integrate technology into their classroom.

We had iPads for about 4 years and have now switched over to chromebooks so I am familiar with both of those systems. Prior to that I was a social studies teacher with a computer lab.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic