Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
final thoughts on Cam Newton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

final thoughts on Cam Newton

Feb 9, 2016, 10:34 PM

No matter what, he will always be criticized. He is a spotlight athlete who is loved by millions, its gonna happen.

He has a criminal past, so he is a criminal. Happened when he was 18, hes now 26, but its not up to him if he changed, its up to the public. the public is the final judge in all of it.

Big time skepticism over why he signed with a team that went on to win the national championship. obviously, who would sign with a team that's going to win the championship and is loaded with talent? he obviously took money, not because it was ever proved, but because that's what the public wants to believe.

Lose with a smile on your face. Show no reaction to the game. If you fall down, get upset with a call, you are a crybaby because you have fun while you are winning but not while you are losing. Lose with class. Sit through the entire press conference because you OWE it to the public because of how much they have had to do with your game prep. weight room hours, and countless other elements that no one would understand unless you made it to that level. You OWE it to the public, because that's what they want.

In the end, completely change who you are. Do not be the person who was drafted number 1 overall, lead a team to the super bowl with teammates that absolutely love playing with you. Change it all. Because that's what the public wants. The people who have absolutely nothing to do with your success want you to change, so why wouldn't you?

Always smile. If you're losing, still dab and dance. Not because everyone would say you are selfish and only care about yourself, but because that's what the public wants. But don't be arrogant, because God has gifted you with a tremendous talent, with this one life to live, obviously change everything. Be "classy"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: final thoughts on Cam Newton

Feb 9, 2016, 11:02 PM

Ok, we get it. You have a man crush on him. No matter how arrogant and selfish he is and no matter what he has done wrong and no matter how millions don't like his actions and no matter how it is about him and no matter if you don't like him it is your fault and no matter that he was a poor loser and no matter that he is obligated by contract and the game to talk to the press you will still make excuses for him.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:05 PM

"arrogant and selfish"- explain the selfish part

"obligated by contract and the game to talk to the press"- he did

once again, if people don't like you, even if they have 0 to do with you, you should obviously change, right? because grown men watching him play and talking on message boards about him want him too. makes perfect sense. why continue to be what got you a Heisman, number 1 overall pick, offensive player of the year, team captain, MVP. be what the public wants you to be! we agree

Feb 9, 2016, 11:03 PM

You have many good points to proclaim in Cam's defense. However, there was little benefit or sympathy for a highly paid star to writhe on the sideline as it was obvious his team was going to lose. Cam was undignified in defeat---saving he did speak to Peyton @mid-field after the final gun. He impressed me as throwing a tantrum.

I have seen others at all levels exhibit more maturity when a sporting event is lost. The Panthers' coach was a class act in speaking with reporters after the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 11:06 PM

I agree

Feb 9, 2016, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: final thoughts on Cam Newton ]

I don't understand what the problem is with the falling on the ground on the sideline....I can understand people getting on him over walking out of the post game interview....

Coaches, players, water boys, everybody goes crazy on the sideline when their team doesn't get a call. Have you ever watched Venables during a football game?

Feb 9, 2016, 11:04 PM

I think you need to take your problems to Panther boards

Feb 9, 2016, 11:07 PM

not a Panthers fan. just enjoy reading the definitions of class on here

Cam was a sore loser

Feb 9, 2016, 11:06 PM

but who here was perfect as his age? I think he handled the situation poorly and I hate the dab thing (it promotes drugs, I believe , talking to my students).

It's about how you handle the mistake more than the mistake itself. My two-cents anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cam was a sore loser

Feb 9, 2016, 11:10 PM

yeah the origin of the dab is up in the air. i think its funny when Dabo does it, the kids love it. just enjoying the moment.

i think the post game presser was the only time he handled himself poorly. he lost his composure briefly when he got hit after throwing a pass, but quickly jumped up and regained his composure. the presser was minutes after the biggest loss of his career, i think he was still sulking in defeat and kinda thinking what could have been. long season, no one gave them a shot from the start, predicted against them every week. sounds like another team i know

Re: Cam was a sore loser***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Cam was a sore loser ]

You mean this?***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Cam was a sore loser ]

Re: You mean this?***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:20 PM

Jayron, Christian and venables make this picture

As if we hadn't heard your thoughts on Cam

Feb 9, 2016, 11:24 PM

10,000 times the last 2 days already....

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As if we hadn't heard your thoughts on Cam

Feb 9, 2016, 11:27 PM

is that an exact count? i haven't been keeping up.

lol I just wanted to show some support again. i get it tho

Lol, not exact

Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 PM

Just a (very) rough estimate!!

;)

Re: As if we hadn't heard your thoughts on Cam

Feb 9, 2016, 11:29 PM [ in reply to As if we hadn't heard your thoughts on Cam ]

CU ####. He post whatever he likes and you reply to everything he says. Get off the guy sack, good lord

Lighten up Francis

Feb 10, 2016, 11:18 AM

It was a joke....HE got it, Im sorry it was over your head

Sheesh

Message was edited by: CU2013®

Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 PM

Keep voicing your opinion bro. You don't get the popular vote from folks on this board if they don't agree with you, they will hound you about YOUR opinion. If you would've bash cam you would've got TUs left and right. The Cam haters are nothing bout grown men hating on him for literally no reason, pretty lame if you ask me.

I also realized the SAME people that's bashing Cam have no problem with what Ben Boulaware and Dodd did. Mind boggling!

Feb 9, 2016, 11:33 PM

my opinions have never been very popular on here. I wanted to assemble a tigernet coaching staff based off of football and basketball discussions, just give everyone headsets that is sitting at home watching on tv. that wasn't very popular for some reason.

its weird isn't it? i love Clemson, actually don't have a favorite team in any pro sport. Just find it outrageous that because someone came along that didn't fit the mold for their definition of "class" is trashed. and it stems way deeper than what everybody is saying about him being a cry baby, IMO. I have no problem with what Ben or Dodd did, but imagine if those players would have not been a Clemson Tiger what the reaction would have been

Feb 9, 2016, 11:44 PM

Dude if Oklahoma would've won and they started trolling DW on IG the people on here would've lost they freaking mind... But since it's Clemson and our players, they have no problem with it lol? Cam loss the SUPER BOWL and didn't wanna talk, if anything they shouldn't be mad at him for that... I don't have problem with Ben or Dodd. I have problem with the fans and their double standard BS

Feb 9, 2016, 11:45 PM

spot on

Feb 10, 2016, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Re: final thoughts on Cam Newton ]

Thank you!! Somebody resonalble!! I'm sure it was hard for Cam to even look at himself although he should have his head held high! I don't except anybody to have to talk to the media after a tough loss. People are so selfish and only want what they expect.

Did he pass away? Can I have different thoughts tomorrow?

Feb 9, 2016, 11:34 PM

My guess is more data is forthcoming?

Can I just wait and see - or is there some great urgency to have judgement now?

Gimme a beer ...

Re: Did he pass away? Can I have different thoughts tomorrow?

Feb 9, 2016, 11:37 PM

there will definitely be more data, dude is 26 years old. like he said in the post game presser, "we'll be back".

take my TU as your beer

Feb 10, 2016, 4:59 AM

It may be your final thought,but as long as he is playing
somebody,somewhere will all ways have a final thought.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:15 AM

Keep digging, NFLU, you are almost there with your final edition of your final thoughts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 6:17 AM

He doesn't owe anybody having to talk to the press after a hard L. That is stupid of you to say. We as fans might want that but no player owes us a press conference!

Feb 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

1) Cam likes to use the media limelight when things are going his way, giving footballs to kids, mugging for the camera etc. , so its a two way street. People talk bout Belichek & Popovich as not dealing with the media but they are consistent in that they dont deal with the media whether things are good or bad.

2) Saying that not fighting for the fumble at the end of the game didnt have a bearing on the outcome is BS. You are down by 6 points and posession and a punt potentially keep it at 6 points. Your teamates are still fighting for the fumble but your too important to play the game with the same intensity as your teamates?

3) All sports have a history and tradition and players should show respect for the game. Von Miller had a great game but you dont see him dancing and mugging for the cameras long after the play is over. Cam Newton is nothing without football, but football doesnt need Cam Newton. He needs to respect the game and appreciate what it has provided him.

Really the final thoughts on Cam Newton??????

Feb 10, 2016, 12:38 PM

Good lord I hope so..

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Feb 10, 2016, 2:54 PM

He has no class. You can't act like he does when you win and then act like he does when he loses

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic