Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant to workout in Los Angeles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,821

Martavis Bryant to workout in Los Angeles

Feb 9, 2016, 6:24 PM

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Martavis-Bryant-to-workout-in-LA-will-consult-with-counselor--43592143

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm, kinda odd. Hope he isn't tempted to get his medical card.***

Feb 9, 2016, 6:45 PM

Re: Martavis Bryant to workout in Los Angeles

Feb 9, 2016, 7:05 PM

The whole weed controversy again... So ridiculous. Professional athletes can't smoke weed, (clearly neither a man-made nor a perfomance-enhancing drug), but are willingly supplied with ample amounts of opioids from team doctors even though they have been proven for decades to cause addiction. They can sleep in hyperbaric chambers and get PRP therapy, can drink themselves into oblivion, but can't smoke weed? I wonder when this is going to change, if ever. Next year there are at least 4 more states attempting to pass legislation to allow recreational marijuana, more than double that already allow it to be prescribed medicinally. Scientific Reports posted a study just a couple of years ago that proved alcohol is 114 times more deadly than marijuana but you can buy it at every gas station and liquor store across the country. Makes no sense. I'd rather have my players smoke a joint than be addicted to Xanax, ambien, hydrocodone & whiskey. And sending someone to California to "avoid weed" is like sending someone to Vegas to avoid gambling. Blah

Feb 9, 2016, 7:52 PM

It's insane.

I live about a 15 minute walk away from Mile High Stadium here in Denver. I have 5 legalized marijuana shops on my block alone, and probably another dozen between here & the stadium. Why the heck can't a player for the Broncos (or Seahawks, since it's legal in Washington--or any of the states that will legalize this year), go to a shop and buy a product that is not performance enhancing, and has been legalized for over-the-counter consumption?

I heard that Goodell very recently totally skirted the idea of medical marijuana for players, too. So foolish.

It is sTill an illegal drug***

Feb 10, 2016, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 9, 2016, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant to workout in Los Angeles ]

There is plenty of evidence to support that the status quo isn't even remotely reasonable.

But, you're trying to have a dialogue with people who don't want dialogue. The status quo was instantiated by "holier than thou" and it lives on through "holier than thou". You could draw some ire for your strong support of A GATEWAY DRUG.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:40 PM

That assertion is an old one, born in propaganda that was institutionalized in the early 20th century throughout the United States.

Recent studies have actually determined that the true "gateway" drug is and has always been alcohol. More teenagers / adults try alcohol first than any other drug and it causes so many millions of deaths each year, I'm surprised it's even debated anymore, honestly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/06/the-real-gateway-drug-thats-everywhere-and-legal/

California DUB

Feb 9, 2016, 10:29 PM

As a west coast tiger. I hope he knows what he is doing. The green cross is almost a frequent as a Starbucks...

Feb 9, 2016, 10:39 PM

amazing opportunity for this young man. he's getting help and surrounding himself with people who care and people who want to see him succeed.

this kid is going to be taking the tops off of defenses for a long time. good for you Tay, keep balling man

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic