Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any more o-lineman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,314

Any more o-lineman

Feb 9, 2016, 5:18 PM

Do we take anymore o-lineman in 2017? I think we can never have to many big nasties.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any more o-lineman

Feb 9, 2016, 5:43 PM

I would guess yes. If our top two 2017 QB recruits are more Pro Style, the RBs may do most of the running (and we have some good ones) in the near future. Having plenty of "big nastys" can't hurt.

Re: Any more o-lineman

Feb 9, 2016, 5:53 PM

should take 4/5 every year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few to keep an eye on....

Feb 9, 2016, 6:26 PM

Still very early on in the process but OT Eric Douglas (6-5 285) has spoken of committing this spring. Douglas stated that he would like to get the process over with and focus on his senior season as well as another state title. Clemson, NC State and South Carolina are a few of the favorites for the 3* prospects services.

Another to watch for is OG Tyler Fannin (6-3 280) of Hoschton, GA. Much like Douglas, Fannin has been on campus several times so he's familiar with the program. Though he currently doesn't have an offer from Clemson- he's had plenty of great things to say about our Tigers.

OT Michael Cone (6-5 300) is another prospect who is also going through the evaluation process at this point but is familiar with the campus and staff. The same with C Stefan Touani (6-3 280) of Oxon Hill, MD- who attended CDS camp last summer.

One who hasn't been talked about a lot is OT D'Antne Demery (6-6 305) of Brunswick, GA. He's a Top 150 prospect by most services who recently named Clemson, UGA, Auburn and Florida as his Top 4. Demery visited Clemson in 2014 for the CU vs. Syracuse game but UGA and Auburn are after him hard.

I'd also keep my eye on some of the guys down at IMG Academy such as C Caesar Ruiz and Robert Hainsey. Ruiz is originally from Camden, NJ and we all know the Michigan pipeline from that area. Hainsey is a lesser known prospect but his stock will likely soar, if not sky-rocket soon into the Top 300.

Lawrenceville, GA's Tony Gray (6-5 275) is a 4* prospect who holds an offer from Clemson but doesn't expect to announce any time soon.

OL Trey Smith (6-5 288) holds an offer from Clemson and was on campus for a game last year. "It was awesome,” Smith said. “First, when we came to Clemson, we saw all the orange and purple. The campus was beautiful, from what I saw. We first came in and I saw coach (Robbie) Caldwell at the door and I talked to him, then I saw my recruiter, coach (Dan) Brooks. From the moment we got in those doors everybody was nice. It was awesome. It was a great experience."

OT Andrew Thomas (6-5 290) of Atlanta was on campus for last seasons Clemson vs. FSU game and has built a bond with recruiter Tony Elliott. There's sure to be tough competition for his services but I certainly wouldn't count us out.

Re: A few to keep an eye on....

Feb 9, 2016, 7:00 PM

Thanks man that was really helpful

Specifically watch Smith and Ruiz.

Feb 9, 2016, 8:26 PM

Smith would be the first priority for another tackle take. Ruiz would be the lone center target. If we don't get Ruiz, look for us to try to sign another decent tackle or big time guard.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic