Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With 5 of the next 6 against the bottom 4 teams in the ACC,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 984

With 5 of the next 6 against the bottom 4 teams in the ACC,

Feb 9, 2016, 8:13 AM

does 19 wins get us into the tournament? That seems unlikely.

It's probably going to come down to winning 5 of the next 6 AND 2 games in The ACC Tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With 5 of the next 6 against the bottom 4 teams in the ACC,

Feb 9, 2016, 8:19 AM

I've seen things written saying 10 or 11 will get Duke or Syr in but we'd be on the bubble. I find this annoying. This isabout this year and how you did. It isnt some lifetime achievement award. If we tie w those guys and have beaten them head to head we should get in too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is in the OOC schedule strength....

Feb 9, 2016, 8:21 AM

Clemson's is terrible and includes some bad losses (i.e. UMass and Minnesota).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That seems to be our MO under Coach Brownell.

Feb 9, 2016, 8:39 AM

Other than KJ's last year, we stumble out of the gate, get better for a few games and then stumble into the postseason. The South Carolina game was a microcosm.

Being behind the 8 Ball by the end of December is frustrating. Maybe this year we change the trend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A disturbing habit of CBB tenure is ....

Feb 9, 2016, 8:42 AM [ in reply to The difference is in the OOC schedule strength.... ]

Miserable early season performance that creates a huge hole to climb out of to reach the NCAA tournament.

By Christmas, Clemson chances have a low probability -especially given the reality that many ACC games will be against more talented teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A disturbing habit of CBB tenure is .... once down

Feb 9, 2016, 8:49 AM

we relax and have a good run until it looks promising and the we slide again. its a talent thing. we have a thin margin to win and we have to play at peak level all the time to win. It is just something it doesnt seem like we have the skill set to maintain

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating the bottom dwellers is not going to impress

Feb 9, 2016, 8:24 AM

the Selection Committee. It is not going to improve the Tigers' SOS. Worse than that, I don't see Clemson sweeping its remaining away games. And some idiot on here said it was not necessary to win 2 of the 3 road games against FSU, Wake, and Va. Tech. Hello NIT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 9:04 AM

This team will win 3 more games and that's it. They can't shoot the basketball

We have a nonconference RPI of 265!!!

Feb 9, 2016, 9:09 AM

Our best nonconference win is against #194 Wofford, and we have losses to #189 UMass and #245 Minnesota. We also went 0-3 against some pretty average SEC foes. We were literally one of the worst teams in the country in November and December.

We've made a nice turnaround, and we look more like an NCAA team now, but we dug a huge hole for ourselves, just like we have every year under Brownell.

14-15 we lost to #201 Winthrop, #134 Gardner-Webb, #182 Rutgers, and #91 South Carolina, all before Christmas.

13-14 didn't have as many bad losses (only 3 losses were to #23 UMass, #66 Arkansas and #186 Auburn), but the best win was against either #129 Davidson or #140 South Carolina. We finished 11-9 in the conference, but weren't really given consideration because of our poor nonconference.

12-13, the best win was #96 UTEP, while we had losses to #136 Purdue and #259 Coastal Carolina.

11-12 may have been the actual worst. The best win was probably at #131 Iowa, but we had losses to #76 Arizona, #121 Charleston, #181 Coastal Carolina, #194 South Carolina, #147 UTEP, and #204 Hawaii.

Even in Brownell's NCAA Tournament season (10-11), we lost 3 nonconference games (#20 Old Dominion, #52 Michigan, and #134 South Carolina) , and our best nonconference win was against #72 Charleston.

The truth is we haven't had a decent start to the year since 2009-10, and I don't understand why Brownell can't get the team to roll through what should be the easiest games of the season. It's incredibly frustrating as a Clemson basketball fan though.

I actually though it was much worse than that.***

Feb 9, 2016, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

RPI is 265...nonconference SOS is even worse at 335

Feb 9, 2016, 1:27 PM

Both are incredibly pitiful for an ACC basketball team.

Feb 9, 2016, 10:31 AM

Unfortunately, I don't see us winning in Hotlanta, Raleigh or at the Well vs UVA, but definitely would like to be wrong. The team just doesn't usually shoot well enough on the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Our back is against the wall for sure. We need to win out

Feb 9, 2016, 10:35 AM

in conference play and make some noise in the ACC tourney to survive the busted NCAA bubble. Although a high NIT seed will be a huge success this year based upon where we started. I would be happy with a good NIT run like two years ago.

Replies: 12
| visibility 984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic