Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone needs to explain to Grantham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 952

Someone needs to explain to Grantham

Feb 8, 2016, 10:28 PM

that you don't push the tempo when you don't have numbers.

That's the second or third time he's done that tonight and each time it's a turnover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone needs to explain to Grantham

Feb 8, 2016, 10:29 PM

Yep that last one killed the little bit of moe we had going after the 3 and blocked shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if the ref does his job, we're at the line shooting 2,

Feb 8, 2016, 10:40 PM

which would have been a great play. The announcer said that it may kill our momentum and it (the ref) did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: But if the ref does his job, we're at the line shooting 2,

Feb 8, 2016, 10:42 PM

Explain to me how the ref was wrong there. I'll listen. However, Grantham went straight into the defenders chest. That's going to be a charge call every single time.

it was NOT a charge. The defender jumped in front of

Feb 8, 2016, 10:46 PM

Grantham at the last second. His feet were still moving and he wasn't anywhere close to having established position. It was a horrible, horrible call. If that gets called every time (it doesn't), I don't care, it's wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: it was NOT a charge. The defender jumped in front of

Feb 8, 2016, 10:51 PM

I'm going to assume you paused it real time and measure how far his feet were moving or something?

It was a charge, it was clear, and if you actually read my original statement and the basis of my post if he doesn't go 2 on 3 or 3 on 4 or just generally outnumbered then we don't turn the ball over and we actually get a shot off. That's day 1 stuff, and it cost us.

Re: it was NOT a charge. The defender jumped in front of

Feb 8, 2016, 10:54 PM [ in reply to it was NOT a charge. The defender jumped in front of ]
image.jpeg(743.6 K)

As you can see here, moment before contact and the defender is in position to take a charge as Grantham makes contact with him outside of the arc.

Again, notice the 3 ND defenders and the lack of white jerseys.

Goes against all basketball principles to push when you're outnumbered, it rarely works out well unless you're Steph Curry.

LOL!***

Feb 8, 2016, 11:04 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Excellent, well thought out rebuttal.***

Feb 8, 2016, 11:06 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic