Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Tigers w/ Villani who turned Vic into a Combine beast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

No Tigers w/ Villani who turned Vic into a Combine beast

Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 PM

Tony Villani with XPE Sports (he also went to Clemson) is the guy that got V. Beasley ready for the NFL Combine. As we all know Vic was off the charts after working with Villani. I'm surprised that I don't see any Tigers working with him this year.

Shaq, Kearse, and TJ Green are all working with EXOS in Arizona. Dodd is working out locally with Joe Don Reames at TNT Sports, which is somewhat of an offshoot of XPE Sports, but you aren't working with Tony directly like Vic did. DJ Reader is working with Chuck Smith.

Not sure who Mackensie is working with though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how much 'say' do agents/handlers have in the process?***

Feb 8, 2016, 1:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure, but Villani worked w/ S. Anthony & Vic last yr

Feb 8, 2016, 1:52 PM

and they were 2 of the top performers at last year's combine. Now it's not like Anthony and Beasley were bad athletes before Villani got a hold of them, but they both raved about him and their results. I know Villani doesn't have a ton of spots available, but because he is a Clemson guy, he works with a Tiger or 2 every year. Maybe all the spots got filled up before any Clemson guys could get in this year because the season was so extended due to the championship run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

xpe's not the only one that does a good job and yes, he

Feb 8, 2016, 2:04 PM

and xpe did a good job with vic & stephone, but those guys were both head and shoulders above their comp while at clemson so it's not as though xpe took two ugly ducklings and turned them into swans.

i would expect as much money is on the line and as great is the competition for names, that certain strategic alliances are in place. the agents are paid handsomely for their experience and guiding hand in the process, i'm sure it's not much more than familiarity and prior successes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic