Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Johnny Manziel is a classless person, not Cam Newton.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Johnny Manziel is a classless person, not Cam Newton.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:36 AM

Look, I get it. Some of you true southerners believe their is a "right" way to act in every situation. Most of the time it involves being stoic, reserved, and mild mannered.

So Cam is immature and classless and disrespectful because? He showed his disappointment? He didn't answer a few questions we all know the answer to anyway? He didn't dive for a football the way you thought he should?

Good lord, I'd hate you grow up in your house. Seems like people gotta a lot to do to impress you/"win your respect". Never mind the guy just won the MVP, which you win by being a leader/playing hard/winning.

I'm not even a Cam/Panthers fan, but some of y'all got to reign it in a bit. Cut the dude some slack. I wouldn't worry about my kids watching Cam Newton. Johnny Football in the other hand....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnny Manziel is a classless person, not Cam Newton.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:39 AM

On JM if he doesnt get some help I think he could become a really tragic headline. He is really out of control

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True - Johnny Manziel is an addict and needs treatment

Feb 8, 2016, 10:00 AM

Who knows whether he gets it and it works.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is the straw man still in Oz?

Feb 8, 2016, 8:42 AM

Because no one but you is making this argument

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is the straw man still in Oz? Hey!!!!!

Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 AM

or Hay maybe?? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you Yankees are why we have crybaby, classless,

Feb 8, 2016, 8:48 AM

look at me athletes, because you don't have or teach proper attitude or manners in your homes. Great athletes are people who are great at their sport and perform above average, great champions do too, but they do so with humility, dignity and give credit to those who helped them get there.

There's a reason that people revere Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and laugh at Terell Owens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here we go again...trashing Yankees***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he's just trashing people who....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:55 AM

accept poor behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get it, only Yankees accept poor behavior***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:58 AM

just call him Ted Cruz....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:02 AM

I think it has more to do with the liberal mindset of giving everybody what they want. Everybody is entitled to things and to act however they see fit in a particular situation. If you don't like a rule or law, don't follow it or enforce it.

I agree, it's a generalization, but the majority of people who live in the Northeast have this mindset. And it's extended for generations.

Re: just call him Ted Cruz....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:05 AM

where I come from in NE isn't like that, but I'm from rural area.

Right, all Yankees fans are polite and well mannered.***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

And southerners are rude and disrespectful***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:10 AM

hey now.***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

oh, you were being nice...***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:17 AM

not really. Just doing what you were doing. See?***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:22 AM

Re: not really. Just doing what you were doing. See?***

Feb 8, 2016, 10:27 AM

No, he said "but the majority of people who live in the Northeast have this mindset. And it's extended for generations." I was saying that were I lived, the majority of people did not have that mindset.

i should have posted under: "I get it, only Yankees accept poor behavior".

Feb 8, 2016, 10:49 AM

Was generalizing b/c the original post was. It's ok sweetie***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:46 AM [ in reply to here we go again...trashing Yankees*** ]

Johnny Manziel is a Thug***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:55 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dont think he is classless

Feb 8, 2016, 8:58 AM

just immature. I think back on Peyton's loss two years ago to the Seahawks. They were throttled but not once did you see Peyton slumped over, pouty face, and answering questions like a 12 year old. He got absolutely dominated by the Seahawks. One of his worst games of all time yet he answered the questions and not once complained about the OLINE, or dropped passes. The loss was squarely on him! That is what a leader does, he takes the brunt of it and takes it off the team.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:00 AM

No, Cam Newton is classless, too. A sore loser, if you will.

So you're only like 75% wrong, I guess.

Appropriate ways to win and lose

Feb 8, 2016, 9:06 AM

I am a teacher, a coach, and a transplant yankee. Cam was a sore loser, and a cry baby last night. No excuses and no explanations necessary. He displayed qualities that are not positive from a leadership perspective and very well may inhibit future success if he doesn't learn how to control his reactions. You did not see anything like his behavior out of our tigers when they were in the same situation against the Bammers. Maybe Cam should let Watson mentor him for a bit instead of the other way around.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very well put***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:20 AM

Johnny is a punk for sure***

Feb 8, 2016, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This battle really isn't worth getting into.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:33 AM

And there's no actual mystery as to why white Southerners despise a black man who clearly doesn't "know his place."

Re: This battle really isn't worth getting into.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:55 AM

Hey Dumbo Jeffers, you have it backwards. I'm glad I was not raised in your house if you have those beliefs. And oh, by the way, you don't like the South, there are other lanes on that interstate that head back North. I'm sure I can get many to join me in helping you pack your bags.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you don't like it get the f out, that's always a good one***

Feb 8, 2016, 10:29 AM

You are

Feb 8, 2016, 10:04 AM [ in reply to This battle really isn't worth getting into. ]

an overt and proud racist. Nothing you post will ever be taken seriously by me and most other intelligent and reasonable people. "Know his place".....his place is that of a role model that happens to be a young black man that my 8 year old white son worships and idolizes with my blessing and financial support...it isn't his "place"that's in question but rather his maturity and his selfish behavior. Remarks like your's throw out the smoke and mirrors of the "race game" to cover up and enable such behavior. Shame on you!

Lol....I don't want to address the real issue....

Feb 8, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to This battle really isn't worth getting into. ]

But I got a match and a gas can of an unrelated topic that I can bring.

l really don't like the tone of your questions...

Feb 8, 2016, 10:19 AM

I'm out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 8, 2016, 10:51 AM

I hate to chime in here because it's clearly drenched in nonsense and I'm not even sure we're able to get back to the point being made here. It truly saddens me, as a Clemson man myself, and being born and raised in New York, that some of us are still willing to trade blows back and forth over the north / south rhetoric. Sad.

Back to the issue at hand - Cam being a "poor loser" - he is, without a doubt. He's the guy that points in your face and says "told you so" when he wins, but runs to the locker rook and shuts down when he loses. But the argument of class and respect is null & void. Every man (and woman) handles adversity and defeat differently. We just jump on him because of his cocky, exuberant personality, let's be honest. If he was a more humble victor (i.e. Peyton Manning), him being upset after the biggest loss of his career would be swooned and empathized over. It is because he's pompous that he's shunned in defeat for showing cowardice. It has nothing to do with black or white, north or south. For once and for all - accept the FACT that not all northerners are rude and disrespectful; the FACT that not all southerners are kind & gentlemanly aristocrats. Enough with the ignorance already!

Look at Peyton for instance. Born and raised in the Manning household, the older brother of Eli and they couldn't be any different. Peyton has lost his fair share of big games and has always took his lumps "like a man" and always held his head high. He's "that guy". His brother Eli? (And this is coming from a die-hard Giants fan) Eli will never be Peyton. He hangs his head constantly, is known for his "sad face", and would have gotten hit 30 times last night instead of 13. Every person is different. We laugh when Marshawn Lynch denies the media and mock Cam for walking out on media for asking dumb a$$, repetitive questions? Peyton would have answered them (begrudgingly), Cam didn't want to. I think we expect too much of our athletes. He's a 26 year old pompous kid with fat pockets and a huge ego... How else did you expect him to act? That IS Cam. Doesn't make him classless, etc. Every answer would have been the same - "we got outplayed", and they did.

That Denver defense was playing like they were Clemson last night. If anything, maybe this loss will humble the giant within Cam and by 39 (13 years from now), he'll be able to take a hit on the chin and in the heart like Peyton Manning. Maybe not. But either way, he is what he is and he hasn't changed much since college. Only time will tell. No matter how you look at it - he was a sore loser last night.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic