Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wide Receivers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,884

Wide Receivers

Feb 7, 2016, 2:54 PM

With Williams, Cain, and Scott, is there any chance we see Scott move to the slot? I would love to see all 3 of these guys on the field at the same time, and at Scott's size he seems like a perfect slot guy.

Just curious what yall's thoughts are. Obviously Dabo and co know way more about it than I do. It would just seem really strange to have 1 of those 3 guys on the bench while Renfrow is in the slot, no disrespect to him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wide Receivers

Feb 7, 2016, 2:56 PM

i agree. good problem to have. Renfrow has proved himself, but still like you said it just looks weird with one of those three riding the bench. Also Scott does fit the slot WR mold. I can see him playing this primarily at the next level, depending on which team he goes to.

Go Tigers!!!

Feb 7, 2016, 2:59 PM

No doubt, Renfrow has proven himself to be a real threat on the field

Feb 7, 2016, 3:11 PM

We have the best quality depth in the country at this position. I really want to see Trevon Thompson play a bigger role this year.

Feb 7, 2016, 3:31 PM

Agreed.. And I think that we will. I see him having a very good season this year

Feb 7, 2016, 2:58 PM

That's would be an awesome set of recivers for sure. Then add legget and gallman I just don't know how you can cover that.

Feb 7, 2016, 3:20 PM

insert feaster on a 3rd down, and idk how you stop it. I would love to play with this team on a video game.

3 receivers and Te all run straight seams.
Feaster on screen.
Orange in the Endzone

Feb 7, 2016, 3:18 PM

I was thinking the same thing but on the flip side of things if Deon and Mike can't be on the field at the same time we will always have a fresh deep threat for DW4 to deliver that beautiful deep throw of his to.

Feb 7, 2016, 3:32 PM

Good point. I was also just watching Diondre Overton highlights and he will be a great Williams type deep threat for us as well. Not sure that he avoids redshirt though with all of our depth. Either way, we literally too deep

Feb 7, 2016, 3:43 PM

We just have to develope some secondary depth and I think we can return to the big game again. Mostly just safety play nothing else really concerns me. Our offense is going to be lights out.

Feb 7, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Wide Receivers ]

Yea if Overton can skip the redshirt he is a special type of talent cause there is so much talent ahead of him.

How did anyone rate us lower than #1 @ WR?

Feb 7, 2016, 5:16 PM

For about the last three years, nobody could match our starters and quality depth at WR. How many programs can lose their #1 receiver in the first game of the season and still have a dominant corps? No one can touch it...not even close. This year we lose Peake, who really looked outstanding this season.

But this corps.
M. Williams
A. Scott
G. Hopper
D. Cain
T. Thompson
RR McCloud
H. Renfrow
S. Bell
and now entering...
C. Powell
D. Overton
TJ Chase

Thats 11 guys right there and I'd.put money on at least 8 of them playing on Sundays.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A true testament to this staff

Feb 7, 2016, 8:35 PM

has been their ability to identify and develop WR's. Dabo made the comment not long ago, that WR, is the most poorly coached position the NFL. With the success he's had with WR's, I can't argue that he doen't know what he's talking about. I mean look at what they've done with them at Clemson. We' ve got a former walk-on that iy y
s on an NFL roster and was active this season. Sammy, Tay and I throw D'wayne Allen in their too. Then look at Jaron Brown. He was never a feature receiver nor even a WR2. Although, he is an under-rated athlete, most WR3's never sniff the NFL.

WR's that come to Clemson are all but assured a shot at the league. Based kn what I've seen that's a testament to 1.recognizing talent 2. The talent being motivated to work hard 3. Coaching, coachable players. 4. Pushing guys to compete no matter if they walked on, were the #1 WR in the country, a senior or a freshman. They are not afraid of sitting a under-performing upperclassman and inserting a freshman.

When I look at the roster, depth chart or recruiting info, I consider it a given that they are going to be the next WR in line to do great things. I know that if they step on the field, its because the staff has confidence in that guy to do the job.

Going forward, I see Peake getting a big bump from the combine. He's agile, has good hands, blazing fast, good height, etc. I think he'll go late 2nd. Williams be a 1rd'r. Scott I think is 1st rd capable. If Hopper ever becomes consistant he's a 3rd'r. Deon Cain has 1st written all over him. Renfro will make a roster.

just my 2cents.

I dunno

Feb 7, 2016, 3:26 PM

But this will easily be the best offensive unit we have ever had at Clemson. They should set school and conference records this upcoming season.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 7, 2016, 4:42 PM

You're forgetting about Trevion Thompson and Hunter Renfrow. Thompson will have a huge role while Cain is on suspension. And Renfrow and strictly the slot receiver but I do think that Scott will also have some plays in the slot. Very versatile

IMHO Scott is benched and Renfrow plays slot ... if

Feb 7, 2016, 8:59 PM

Deon can give up the weed. It boils down to who can run the correct routes, create separation and catch. We are ridiculously overloaded at WR and currently underloaded at DB. Would love to see some WR's create some competition and depth at DB which would only improve NFL opportunities.

Scott, Elliott & Dabo have some decisions ahead of them. Wish team was that loaded at every position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic