Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
K'Von Wallace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,889

K'Von Wallace

Feb 7, 2016, 3:58 AM

Guys, I finally found some time to check the kid out and wow... the kid has an "IT" factor with him. Gifted, size, speed, gritty, edgy, fast-twitch, and tough as nails. There's a bunch of highlights of him just out-toughing kids and that's exactly what I like to see from a corner/safety. You can't tell me there's 1900 kids in this class better than Wallace, no way on earth. His film looks of a 4/5*, and I've seen some 5* corners with film not as good as that. I think his rating (80-barely a 3*) may not be that high because he didn't go to a certain camp to impress a certain analyst, or maybe he doesn't live in a certain state or play at a certain school but judging by the film, he's a special one. He's a sleeper if I've ever seen a sleeper. I can't wait for Reed and Venables to get their hands on him, he could end up being as good as any of those 5*'s. He's listed 6' 172, so redshirting may be an option to put some weight on him but if he doesn't he immediately impacts our kickoff coverage, punt as a gunner, and punt return by giving the returner a couple of extra seconds. We missed on Troy Pride and it would've been great to get another instate guy but Wallace is better. No bias. Credit to the staff for finding a gem like this one so late in the process and snagging him over Urban. I thought Urban offered because he usually keeps an eye on who we offer but he had great reason on account of Wallace's own merit. He can straight up ball for my team any day.

My favorite play from his film is around the 12 minute mark where his teammate makes a play on the opposite side of the field, so Wallace probably thinks he's going to be the first to celebrate with his teammate until he fumbles around the 5 yard line. Wallace, never giving up, pushes an opposing player out of the way to recover the fumble in the end zone after running for 60 yards when he could have easily loafed and not run 60 extra yards full speed. That's the type of effort that we seemed to have lacked later on in the year and I'm glad he's coming into the program already with that characteristic. An absolute steal.

If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check out his film.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K'Von Wallace

Feb 7, 2016, 4:06 AM

Thanks for your input! I am excited to see him play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preaching to the choir

Feb 7, 2016, 9:08 AM

I did my homework on him as soon as the staff got onto him. He quickly became one of my favorite CB in this class. Almost more than Mullen. There's just an aggressiveness to him that is nasty. I agree, if he had been at IMG or Paramus, he would have been high 4* to 5* material. I'm just glad he slipped under the radar for so long so we had another great CB prospect to pick up late.

He was rated so low because I don't think he attended any camps at all and he was a really late bloomer. I don't think he really showed out until his senior year. Why do you think OSU thought they could still this diamond?

I bet he turns into a great corner and gets drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Preaching to the choir

Feb 7, 2016, 9:32 AM

Anyone see Mullen and Wallace both in the 2 deep by the end of the season? Tank, Fields, Mullen, and Wallace may give us the fastest and most athletic group by the end of the upcoming season. Going to be interesting competition.

Re: Preaching to the choir

Feb 7, 2016, 9:34 AM

Doubtful on that, but there's a chance they can both avoid redshirted and see some time. I agree that Wallace has some tremendous upside - certainly next-level potential if his mental and technical game develops.

I don't think Mullen or Wallace beats them out

Feb 7, 2016, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Preaching to the choir ]

Until they put some weight on. Tank and fields are both 200ish and give us the physicality at corner that BV loves. And then neither of them is physical or big enough to play safety right now. Jadar, Wiggins and Smith will be good at safety too.

Snowflake Basher........Out

No

Feb 7, 2016, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Preaching to the choir ]

We need at least 1 or both to redshirt. We have good depth at CB and Mullen and Wallace both need to add weight

Mullen probably wont RS though, that was probably part of his recruiting pitch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmhm, he didn't start his junior year so under the radar

Feb 7, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Preaching to the choir ]

is an understatement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mmhm, he didn't start his junior year so under the radar

Feb 7, 2016, 9:51 AM

hard to tell, several under the radar recruiting analysts say he is almost better than Mullen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk, dood couldn't start for an OK springer team in '14.

Feb 7, 2016, 10:04 AM

maybe 2015 was the aberration?

i hope it works out for all concerned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mmhm, he didn't start his junior year so under the radar

Feb 7, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: mmhm, he didn't start his junior year so under the radar ]

Wallace looks like a Safety more so than CB to me. Awesome ball skills, seems to read the WR well and breaks quickly. Hard to say off of grainy fill against lesser talent. Pretty sure Reed will make this guy an impressive looking So in a years time.

springers won 5A state this year out of C12-Cap District.

Feb 7, 2016, 10:10 AM

the competition is plenty good.

Wallace is the steal of this class.***

Feb 7, 2016, 10:20 AM

he looks the part; dabo glows about him as he does with

Feb 7, 2016, 10:24 AM

all the guys.

it's a great class.

Re: springers won 5A state this year out of C12-Cap District.

Feb 7, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to springers won 5A state this year out of C12-Cap District. ]

My mistake. When i looked it up thought it said 3A comp

it's not 1A-2A, but the springers had bigger identity

Feb 7, 2016, 10:41 AM

problems this year.

Re: it's not 1A-2A, but the springers had bigger identity

Feb 7, 2016, 11:47 AM

I think we will see Muse get a good bit of playing time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K'Von Wallace

Feb 7, 2016, 10:10 AM

I like this guy also. He takes play's personally and go's after it like he's mad. Give great effort and is fast , great make up speed. I think our staff will make him a super star. Think will she him play sooner then later. Talent wise I feel he could back up this year, depends on how quickly he can pick up assignments and scheme. But I agree he's another gem the coaching staff has found.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the coaches say he reminds them of MG,

Feb 7, 2016, 12:09 PM

he reminds me of Wiggins. A DB that can play all the position, a baller, that will play far above his rating.

http://247sports.com/Player/Korrin-Wiggins-12974?Institution=17066

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic