Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we significantly have more talent in the trenches....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,766

Do we significantly have more talent in the trenches....

Feb 4, 2016, 4:08 PM

than we have had since Ford? I know our overall talent is as good and probably even better now. BUT the trenches are where the game is won as we all know. Our DL seems to have had similar talent over the last several years(not the depth we have now though) but it looks like our OL is now reaching the same lvl. If this is true, our recruiting rankings should be even higher because this is truly where it matters the most. The couple of 2017 OL guys we have are high time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Yes***

Feb 4, 2016, 4:14 PM

Re: Do we significantly have more talent in the trenches....

Feb 4, 2016, 4:21 PM

We finally had and will continue to have an OL that will be a real strength and a DL to match. Our skill is great and our D secondary should see little drop off, as well. I'd say, if we fix Special Teams, we realistically can be playing for another Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2016, 4:22 PM

YES_YES_ & YES !!!____________enjoy the ride,my friend ***

Feb 9, 2016, 4:03 PM

I think so smed. It seems Clemson's O-Line and D-Line are not getting pushed around much anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 4:04 PM

I wanted to give you a TU but had just given you one on a previous post. Will not let us give two consecutive TU's in a row.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the only relevant question is do we have more talent

Feb 9, 2016, 4:18 PM

in the trenches than FSU or at least a comparable amount of talent that will win us the Atlantic Division. The match up with them this year will determine whether we can get back to a title game.

DL yes. OL has a ways to go as far as depth. We

Feb 9, 2016, 4:28 PM

were lucky last year that we didn't have many injuries. We only have 13 OL on schlarship right now, counting our four freshmen from this class, and I'd assume most Power 5 conference schools have 16-18.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 10:41 PM

Not really, we have one of the best O. line coaches in the nation. People love to gripe about Caldwell, but he is a great coach.

Feb 10, 2016, 10:43 PM

We are the Standard. Best is the Standard. Clemson is becoming the best in the trenches. The Natty game proved this to be becoming true. Move over Bama. We are the new big boys in town.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,766
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic