Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is UNCs offense really that much better than NDs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,095

Is UNCs offense really that much better than NDs?

Dec 1, 2015, 11:21 AM

I keep seeing people say this is the best offense we have faced... but I think NDs is better. No doubt ND has the better oline. They both have an outstanding QB, RB, and WR. While very good, im not buying the hype that its the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A mobile quarterback is a bigger problem for defenses,

Dec 1, 2015, 11:33 AM

especially in third down situations. That may be their advantage over ND, but it's not a big one. The ND defensive front is better, we were conservative in the rain after we got the lead, and Watson was not as confident a runner at that point. Our offense is now much better, but the turnovers are negating some of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now, maybe. Back when we played ND, NO!

Dec 1, 2015, 11:38 AM

ND is missing their prozac, they've tried valium and it's not working. What they need is lithium.

Take a look at the first half against ND. Some folks freak out because we hunkered into defensive posture in the deluge to hang on to the ball. Do you think ND's turnovers we not expected? We backed up to against the ropes and we pulled the old rope-a-dope on them.

UNC has a snowball's chance in hades. Maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is UNCs offense really that much better than NDs?

Dec 1, 2015, 11:41 AM

No about the same. I think procise is a faster back but about the same.N dame receivers might be faster as a group. Our front four needs to generate pressure. UnC qb will throw the int also. I think the Tigers will play with a ton of emotion Saturday.

Nah, Fedora's O is a precision execution offense,

Dec 1, 2015, 12:29 PM

think GT but NC passes the ball a lot more. When running the ball, they don't ask their OL to hold their blocks very long, they want the ball in the RBs hands and him in the running lane for the split second it's open. The monkey wrench to the machine is when guys like Pagano, Wilkins, Dodd, etc have whipped their man straight up and are waiting in the hole or have penetrated and disrupted the timing of the hand off.

NC runs a bit more than they pass and it's the better part of their game. I would suspect BV will take away the run, like our approach to ND, and then challenge them in the one on one matchups. Against ND, was good strategy first half.

Fuller is better than any of the UNC WRs

Dec 1, 2015, 1:57 PM

The thing with the ND game is the new QB was still a bit raw and it was raining cats and dogs. If we played ND today during good weather it would be a completely different game. Their strategy was to run it down our throat. BV decided to load the box and we owned them. When they started all the intermediate passing stuff they gashed us but we were also playing not to lose at that point. I wouldn't say UNC's offense is "better" than NDs, but it will be better or at least more dynamic because of the circumstances in which our game vs ND was played.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic