Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we win the NC with our D?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 580

Can we win the NC with our D?

Nov 30, 2015, 12:00 PM

I think we can. I know we have weaknesses: LB depth, tendency to give up too many big plays (seems to be the norm not an aberration), and no RB being a threat to take it the distance (though I love Gallman).

Still, every team in the country has weaknesses.

Oklahoma seems to be playing the best right now, but they're certainly beatable. The same with Bama and Michigan State.

I like that we get a long break after hopefully a win on Saturday. We need rest bad and it may help us more than the other three teams I see in the playoff. All three seem to be hitting their stride while we've struggled some the last 3 weeks. Hopefully, the long break will kill their momentum, allow us time to catch our breath, and maybe give Joseph and Williams more reps at LB so they could be ready to step in at LB if needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Nov 30, 2015, 12:22 PM

we need time to rest and heal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's take care of UNC first - don't act like........

Nov 30, 2015, 12:24 PM

that's a sure win because it isn't. If we don't play consistently well on both sides of the ball this Saturday we can kiss our NC dreams goodbye. UNC will be no pushover.

Will be tough. I see a close game.***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not, but it should be enough to beat UNC

Nov 30, 2015, 12:31 PM

Not playing championship defense right now but like you said, if we play mistake free on offense (which we also haven't been doing) we have a chance to beat anyone 2011 style by outscoring them. LB depth is definitely a huge issue. I love BB and Goodson and they are pretty good against the run but they are below average to bad in coverage. They are just too slow. We really need a hybrid LaMarcus Joyner type of player who can step it up and do it all in nickel situations. I thought that guy was going to be Kearse or Blanks when the season began, but neither of those guys have been able to execute on that kind of level, mostly from a football IQ standpoint not an athletic standpoint. We are just going to have to do our best to work/scheme around our weaknesses and if we start getting beat, make the adjustments and take something away and make them counter. Coaches really need to be on point if we want to have a chance at stopping UNC and not rely on the offense outscoring them.

Replies: 4
| visibility 580
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic