Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should DV do the same
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,708

Should DV do the same

Nov 30, 2015, 11:40 AM

as airlines? Once you reach a certain width you have to buy 2 seats instead of one?

Just a thought.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

This isn't really an issue in Clemson, but after my

Nov 30, 2015, 11:42 AM

experience in Columbia this past weekend this should definitely be addressed by the coots before next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROH

So you sat by double-neck with the 'finger' cramp...?***

Nov 30, 2015, 11:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe me

Nov 30, 2015, 11:54 AM

It IS an issue at Clemson. Obesity is not a gamecock only problem.

Re: Believe me

Nov 30, 2015, 12:18 PM

it is a sweet tea biscuits and gravy issue.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This isn't really an issue in Clemson, but after my

Nov 30, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to This isn't really an issue in Clemson, but after my ]

It is an issue at Clemson. Im not a small person but I'm by no means obese. I'm a bit of a meathead and unfortunately I got sat beside a pretty muscled up guy. We COULD NOT sit comfortably beside each other without banging out shoulders into one another.

The seating was maxed out around so we were constantly leaning forward and backward just to have enough room. It definitely took away from the experience...especially when the guy seemed d-baggish and made no attempt to stay in his area...

Re: Should DV do the same

Nov 30, 2015, 12:10 PM

It should be considered. It's not fair to anybody, everybody in that row gets displaced.

At the Wake game I noticed an obese woman taking up nearly 2 seats. If I were the season ticket holder sitting next to her I'd have requested a different location.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 12:17 PM

Several years ago my wife and I had the unfortunate luck to have our 2 season seats in DV situated beside the "whale family". Seriously, I had tiger seatbacks installed in order to try and carve out our seats but to no avail. The whale family was so big that me and my wife ended up having to share the corner of one of our 2 seats due to the whale family "overflow" onto our seats. The whale family were such nice people and good Clemson fans but dang they were huge.

After two years of this I finally could not take it anymore and upped my IPTAY season seat count to get 4 adjacent seats in another area to avoid another "whale family" situation. Even though my wife and I are "normal size" I'm paying for 2 extra seats to be able to sit comfortably or bring 2 of our friends to the game that are other normal size people.

So yes - if you are of a certain large size then you should be required to purchase two seats so us small/normal sized folks that fit in our allotted seat space don't have to suffer from some other person's butt encroachment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 12:35 PM

Exactly. Nobody is saying these are good people and great fans. It's just I'm crunched in enough with normal people all around me. God forbid somebody over 300#. Luckily when we went to the WF game we had great people all around us including a guy who has been going to the games for over 40 years. Him and my dad had a great conversation. One thing my dad like the most about the game (he is a coot fan).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 12:35 PM

aren't. Sorry.

Make the turnstiles a certain width... 'If it doesn't fit,

Nov 30, 2015, 12:18 PM

have to buy another ticket.'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you must acquit!"***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:26 PM

Good catch... +1.***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:26 PM

Re: Make the turnstiles a certain width... 'If it doesn't fit,

Nov 30, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Make the turnstiles a certain width... 'If it doesn't fit, ]

If the butt don't fit, you cannot sit!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 1:11 PM

Yes. I buy two seats for myself so I don't crowd people and I also had to buy a permanent seat to "hold back" the rest of the row from crowding down into my family's seats. We are in lower deck section C and overcrowding is a real problem. It seems that it wouldn't kill IPTAY to allocate a few more inches of width per seat and also require a butt test to determine if an extra seat is required.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This really is my only beef with The cuad

Nov 30, 2015, 3:24 PM

I have voiced my opinion on this subject at IPTAY meetings for years and only get a smile from those in command. They have no idea what it is like to sit in the bleachers and truly enjoy the game. As long as we fans show up that is all that matters. Spending millions on that stupid oculus instead of taking care of the real fans who support this program tells me all I need to know! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic