Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kyle Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,147

Kyle Davis

Nov 30, 2015, 2:07 AM

Maybe I am late on this but saw where Davis signed with Auburn. I believe he is the top WR. Any reason why we were never in on him or why no interest from him? Still shocked he even originally verbaled to the Coots. At least he is smart to get out of that place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kyle Davis....

Nov 30, 2015, 2:33 AM

When he gave a verbal to South Carolina- that was it for us I believe. Most of the time we respect someones commitment plus we have a different way of building a relationship sometimes. We, generally, target some folks early on and try to get them here and encourage them to make it out to Coach Dabo Swinney Camp in the summer. This helps us with the evaluation process. If they can make it up for the Junior Day events, Spring Game, and All In Cookout then it certainly helps. Clemson tries to bond with potential prospects in addition to their families. From what I've seen most of the time it starts fairly early in their high school careers. I don't think Davis ever made it up here and he really only flirted with three teams- Georgia, Auburn, and South Carolina.

Sure he is a great looking prospect but I'll take TJ Chase, Cornell Powell, and possibly Diondre Overton any day. Those are three very unique WRs who each bring a different skill set. Davis is probably a good fit at the boundary spot and we're pretty solid there with Deon Cain. Plus we're adding depth to that spot with this next class.

Re: Kyle Davis....

Nov 30, 2015, 7:56 AM

I'm looking forward to your recruiting magazine when you begin publishing it. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post more please, U 2 T.Woods...

Nov 30, 2015, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Kyle Davis.... ]

even if it's just random thoughts on anything pertaining to CFB recruiting.

Re: Kyle Davis

Nov 30, 2015, 8:40 AM

Somewhat of a character thing with Davis - I wouldn't say he's a bad kid, but not the personality Clemson is looking for. Combine that with little interest in playing outside the SEC PAWWWLLLL and he wasn't ever going to take much of a look at Clemson.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic