Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very Surprising: The SEC network showed Clemson beating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,620

Very Surprising: The SEC network showed Clemson beating

Nov 29, 2015, 6:57 PM

South Carolina today. Later this evening they will broadcast the Louisville win at Kentucky. It is surprising because the SEC and Big Ten networks never show their conference teams losing to an out of conference school.

My guess is that the SEC network was desperate for inventory from Rivalry Saturday. They can only broadcast games that are at the SEC venues, so the Georgia victory over Georgia Tech was off limits. That left Louisville at Kentucky, Clemson at South Carolina and Florida State at Florida, all ACC victories over SEC teams at SEC stadiums. While I have seen the Clemson and Louisville wins scheduled on the SEC Network, I have not seen the FSU win at Florida. Perhaps its a little too hard for them to stomach watching the ACC Atlantic runner-up beat the SEC East champ 27-2 in the Swamp.

The SEC could either swallow its pride and broadcast the three losses, or it would have no inventory from those three games. They were already denied last year when the only SEC home game in the rivalry matchups was Georgia Tech at Georgia, a game that Tech won during the ACC sweep of the SEC.

I think it must be really hard for them to take looking at ACC teams beating the SEC teams on the SEC network, but they have decided to show the games because they can't afford to not have any inventory from those three games and from that weekend for a second year in a row. But this is the first time I have ever seen the SEC Network do this and I have never seen the Big Ten Network do this.

Very interesting to see these games scheduled today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very Surprising: The SEC network showed Clemson beating

Nov 29, 2015, 7:00 PM

I still can not get it on demand on my Fire stick here, and the replay was not available in my region on the SEC network.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SlingTV my man***

Nov 29, 2015, 7:07 PM

Re: SlingTV my man***

Nov 29, 2015, 7:24 PM

I have the full ESPN package, can not get it on demand here. I am stuck watching it on ESPN 3 for the first time all year.

Nov 29, 2015, 7:01 PM

They will drown us with Alabama replays for the next month.

Nov 29, 2015, 7:21 PM

Hmmm so some of y'all do watch the sec network. I may to catch the coots getting beat in a live action game but I'll never go there to watch a replay.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 7:29 PM

90% of the " SEC Conferentialists " would much rather have Clemson as the SC representative to their overhyped conglomerate. They loathe the Coots , which is ironical when you consider how it would take a linemans breaking bar to separate the Coots fanbase from around the upper thigh of Nicky Satan .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Because the SEC has been a snooze fest this year

Nov 29, 2015, 7:29 PM

No quality teams besides a one loss Bama team. Definitely not sabans best but nobody else wants it. Who is the second best sec team? Ole miss with 3 losses one to a mid major?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,620
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic