Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three things I am very concerned about.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,159

Three things I am very concerned about.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:04 AM

Turnovers have been killing us. Lack of concentration. Should be fixable.

Kickoff game is average at best. Clemson typically gives the opposing offense the ball near the 25 yard line. Sometimes more. I'd like to see more stops around the 10-15 yard line. This is a talent issue.

Defense giving up way to many plays up the middle on the ground and thru the air. Every team the last few weeks has exploited this weakness. Another talent issue.

I'm afraid these three things will come together all at once. It's time to buckle down Tigers. Go above and beyond to fix these issues if you want to advance much further.

Get it done !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank You "arGOnaut"....signed BVenables

Nov 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just my 2 cents worth. Do you have 2 cents I can borrow?***

Nov 29, 2015, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three things I am very concerned about.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

Turnovers bother me because they aren't coming from one particular area, makes them hard to correct when it's a moving target. I knew DW4 throwing a couple of picks wouldn't be a big deal, he's pressing to blow teams out, he settled down yesterday and was nearly flawless except for a couple of early misses.

Kick return does worry me. UNC special teams are pretty solid, and Switzer is tied for NCAA record in punt return TDs..I'd rather kick it out of bounds or a rugby kick on every punt than risk it. It's Devin Hester-esque on punts with him.

I'm hoping that Fields and Van Smith can come in and play some nickel to help with coverage in the middle, our linebackers have really struggled lately. I think Venables' first goal will be stopping the run. Zone read has burned us at times this year, but we have three games (NCSU, Cuse, Scar) with plenty of tape on how to correct it.

Having said that, I also think North Carolina will more than have their hands full with our offense. They haven't seen a team like us that rattles off 500 yards and scores 35 points with 4 turnovers every week. If we clean up the turnovers, I think we win by a couple scores. If they linger, could easily be the other way around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Tigers get a shut out ...

Nov 29, 2015, 9:15 AM

If Kearse stands in the end zone with any text book.

Tar Holes won' t go anywhere near it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give you numbers 1 and 3...

Nov 29, 2015, 9:21 AM

but everyone is calling for KO's into the end zone. That gives them start at 25 overtime anyway, right? Your argument was that we give them the start at or near the 25 all the time...

As for the other 2, yes, we need to improve them. But, we've won despite them so far...

Go Tigers!

Opponents are catching the KO around the 2 yard line.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:03 AM

This puts Clemson in a position for big returns. A big liability.

we looked beatable .. The only comfort that I have is DW

Nov 29, 2015, 9:25 AM

Is in our side and I think it will be a shot out but with slight advantage on defense for us ...

coots game did not scare me at all but this game is differenent simply because of the way the tarholes beat the wolves in their home .. This is a different tarhole team than the one started game one guys.. We need to throw away all of the stats.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

agree on all 3...

Nov 29, 2015, 9:34 AM

Hoping our guys get ready for Saturday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i believe we're talented, we are very thin at spots on D

Nov 29, 2015, 9:46 AM

and perhaps 9 straight games with no bye is catching up? boulware struggled yesterday sprinting back to his drop then being forced to recover on the delay. goodson has played lights out, but has to be showing some wear as well?

kick off coverage is a bunch of effort & desire; there's some first round talent out there, but it's a worry no matter the reason. look at some of the top 50ish kick off coverage teams, they don't out talent clemson when you see who's out there.

turnovers are problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree with all of those but

Nov 29, 2015, 9:50 AM

The defensive problems, in my opinion, seem to stem from lack of communication. For some reason, we haven't been able to get that fixed. Expect BV to pull out all the stops this week!!

What you and all the quacking ducks need to understand is

Nov 29, 2015, 9:54 AM

if the offense executes well, they will have at least moderate success. The ONLY way to completely shut down an offense is to win EVERY individual matchup EVERY time.

Other than that, you take certain gambles to stop what you think is coming. Guess wrong and the offense has a BIG opportunity. All in all, our guys have done a great job limiting the opponents' success . . . obviously.

We're 12-0. What would you change?

I'll hang up and listen to the quacking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: What you and all the quacking ducks need to understand is

Nov 29, 2015, 10:11 AM

Dabo and the Whole coaching staff have the team Undefeated ,., Now here you come
with your thoughts on what ,., sit back Dabo got us here ,., stay in your seat .,
The team is tired and it shows ,.

Re: What you and all the quacking ducks need to understand is

Nov 29, 2015, 10:51 AM

> Dabo and the Whole coaching staff have the team
> Undefeated ,., Now here you come
> with your thoughts on what ,., sit back Dabo got us
> here ,., stay in your seat .,
> The team is tired and it shows ,.

Say wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 29, 2015, 10:33 AM

Things I am very concerned about
1. The rise of Islamic jihad
2. The total moral decay of the world
3. World hunger
4. Providing a good life for my family and children.

That's four! :)***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are not going to see kickoff stops at the 10-15 yard

Nov 29, 2015, 10:58 AM

line on a consistent in college football. Not even from the best of coverage teams.

Turnovers are, right now, the key to us winning the ACC Championship.

Rest for our defense is needed....which we will get if we can get past UNC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 11:41 AM

Three things I am worried about:
1) the national debt
2) obamacare
3) terrorism

The one thing I am not worried about is Clemson whipping the tarholes. We wil expose their trash defense on Saturday.

Nov 29, 2015, 12:04 PM

argonaut: How dare express any concerns on this board about Tiger football issues! You should know better than that. The people on here want to live in NANA Land when it comes to Tiger football!
IMO your 3 points are terrific as far as they go.
1.Our offense spent the first quarter of the Coots game figuring out that the Coots were playing their safeties 15-20 yards off the line of scrimmage. Finally they had some passes over the middle to Leggett et al and they worked! Wow what a great discovery. Bottom line our dual OC's are very you and csandidly there is no excuse not to see that from the start. Overall The O played a decent game but far too many TO's. IMO Fuller should have been used more as Wayne has taken a beating for 11 games and the results are very clear to these eyes. He has fumbled in each of the last 2 games I would suspect because of the beating he has taken and its long term season affect
2. Our Defense is very poor and I believe they have "fallen in love with safety blitzes" which when they work are crowd pleasing but when they don't leave you empty on the back end. That is exactly what happened yesterday and yet we continued to use them. To let that 3-9 football get over 400 yards against us shows just how weak our defense has become. Put simply we are allowing far too many plays in excess of 20 plus against far weaker opponents. That is simply not acceptable and if not corrected we will get beat up bad kin one of the next games.
3. Boulware is clearly hurt and simply cannot cover anyone coming out of the backfield or wide outs where needed.He's too slow, constantly out of position, and does not release from blocks quick enough. Where was Williams, and other L\B's that have played. They simply could not played worse
4. Our defensive sets are atrocious. Leading 28-10 late in the 3rd quarter it was time to play basic hard nosed defense and scrap the blitzes. No, we chose to continue them and it ### near cost us the game against a far inferior opponent.
IN short, we've got talent on D but IMO they are simply not being used properly which has led to huge gains but inferior teams.
5. We play D like this against NC or Sooners or Bama we will get beat and rather soundly. Perhaps Venables will wake up before it is too late.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic