Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post - Coot Game Thoughts/Analysis (Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,324

Post - Coot Game Thoughts/Analysis (Long)

Nov 28, 2015, 11:57 PM

1) Credit where credit is due, 12-0! WOW! This has not happened in 34 years, was 1 the last time it happened, so I am going to enjoy this one.

2) We have accomplished SOME of our goals:
A) Won opener
B) Won all division games
C) Won State Championship
YET TO DO-
D) Win the ACC
E) Win Bowl- In this case playoff game
F) Win National Title

3) As you see above, we are just half way through our goals. IF we are going to accomplish these things, we have to keep getting better. Every coach, player, and student manager will tell you the same thing. A complacent team is a team that will get beat.

What to do?

Offense- HANG ON TO THE BALL! Do not fumble, drop passes. The deeper we go, we can not give good teams extra chances. DW4 has to make some of the easier throws he is sailing or throwing a people's feet and not try to force balls into double/triple coverage. FYI, he is a 19 year old kid. He will get better at this with time. Also, we need a RB to step up and take some of the burden off Galman before he/DW4 is injured.

Defense- The issue here is our aggressiveness. It is a double edged sword. When it works, it works great. However, when it takes us out of position to make plays, it opens gaps and leaves receivers open and makes us susceptible to big plays. Also, I would expect to see an emphasis on wrapping up and less shoulder bumping in future games.

Special Teams- Keep getting better. Have seen improvement over the year. Great job today by the punt team and KO coverage. Have to make Extra Points. However, our walk on kicker has been clutch on FG's.

COOT Analysis- I know many of you don't want to hear this, but today was a perfect storm for a "Trap Game". The worst thing that could have happened was USC losing last week. I think that USC is better than a 3-9 team, they followed their coach and quit on this season. Below are my thoughts on why today was so dangerous.

1) "Last game of the year-Can't hold anything back"
2) "Get your manhood back"- Redeem the Citadel loss
3) "Win one for the Gipper"- Elliot's last game
4) Rivalry Game - Nuff said.
5) This was their bowl/National Championship- After all that has gone down this year, they would have considered it a successful season if they could have pulled an upset.

It was as close as it was because, Clemson allowed it to be. Get rid of busted coverages, turnovers, and a trash touchdown. Not even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lot of truth in your post & a weekend for thanks & recharge

Nov 29, 2015, 12:03 AM

Thumbs up ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post - Coot Game Thoughts/Analysis (Long)

Nov 29, 2015, 12:05 PM

I agree with some but Ibam not sure how much better Watson can get. If he gets any better he is perfect. I am not sure that can happen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post - Coot Game Thoughts/Analysis (Long)

Nov 29, 2015, 12:30 PM

Kea: Agree with your post and would add: We must stop the ### safety blitzes. They are killing us and causing long pass plays AN runs--as in first play against FSU. Our OC's are young but IMO no excuse to take first quarter to realize that Coots' safeties were 15-20 plus yards off of LOS and so we need passes over the middle and take what they would give us.
Fumbles are a problem and a big sign of a tired football team.Fuller sees some time IMO to see if he can help take some pressure off Wayne.
My bottom line is if we play defense as we have in the last 3 game we will get beat!If we go back to the basics of D we win by 1-2 TD's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,324
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic