Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Woods/TigerBry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,773

Tiger Woods/TigerBry

Nov 28, 2015, 2:42 AM

I know it is probably a LONG shot. But what is the probability or possibility with Dexter L committing to Clemson would Rashan Gary come? Do we have the Scholarship room for both or would we have to pick between the two? And if we did which would you think would fit our system best? I mean yes I understand it would be awesome for either and ridiculous if we could land both, but I was just wondering if the birds have been chirping anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and when is savion coming aboard?***

Nov 28, 2015, 3:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Woods/TigerBry

Nov 28, 2015, 3:58 AM

hey, I'm not TW or TBry, but IM MUZIQ10. anyway, here's what I would say to the questions you put:
1) If both decided to come to Clemson, we would make room and take both. R. Gary and R. Smith are prospects we call "oversign prospects"--meaning, we will "oversign" for them and make room for them in our class because they are elite talents. The coaching staff will figure out the logistics.
2) Generally speaking, I think both of these players fit any system wonderfully because they are elite talents. Any program in the country would love to have them. Maybe someone else with more football IQ than myself could explain how/where they might play within our defense.
3) Finally, Michael Clark (of Scout.com) tweeted last night that D. Lawrence has set his last two official visits: one to Alabama on 12/5 and one to NC State on 12/12. (However, Alabama will be at SEC championship game on 12/5--so, not sure about that). The NC State visit is particularly interesting, especially since he announces his decision on 12/14. This is what I was able to gather from different sites. No inside information here or anything...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 8:04 AM

Most think it is between us and woofies for Lawrence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 8:33 AM

If Gary uses his last official visit in us, the chance of him being a Tiger significantly increases but if he doesn't, you can forget about him coming here. And both would fit great in our system, for comparison, for Lawrence, think Carlos Watkins or DJ Reader, for Gary, think Christian Wilkins or Scott Pagano.

Nov 28, 2015, 8:36 AM

> If Gary uses his last official visit in us, the
> chance of him being a Tiger significantly increases
> but if he doesn't, you can forget about him coming
> here.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:55 PM

Both players would fit the system perfectly. Gary would be in the Defensive tackle position lined up in the 3 technique (outside shoulder of the guard) and Lawrence would be the nose guard line up In front of the center

First off, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend....

Nov 29, 2015, 8:20 AM

and were able to enjoy the Clemson vs. carolina game. What a way to cap off a great week, huh?! Also don't forget that Waffle House owes us some free food after the wager they made. "If Clemson wins the game, Royal Cup and C.H. Guenther will provide hashbrowns, waffles and coffee for the fans and if South Carolina wins, Basic American Foods will be stuck with the tab. The “payout” date, time and winning Waffle House location will be announced after the game." I'll be sure and post the information as provided to me.

Moving right on to business, I absolutely think that both Dexter Lawrence and Rashan Gary are takes. However unlikely the scenario is we'd still gladly sign both. The two stellar prospects are remarkable and possess unique skill sets that you just don't see every year. I've been following this stuff for quite some time and, good heavens, they are so elite. Think Christian Wilkins caliber players.

One would have to feel pretty good about our chances with Dexter Lawrence right now. He was here back in August and returned for the FSU game. I understand he had quite a good time and we left quite the impression on him. Normally one wouldn't ever see me do a prediction but I'd say its 60% for Clemson, 30% for NCST, and 10% for Bama. You'll see a lot of folks tell ya he's a Gator, and that could happen, but the reason is because his grandfather lives near there, long ago in an article he said he grew up rooting for them, and he visited there. He's an early enrollee and I think he'd fit right into our scheme. He wants early playing time- and look no further than us for that.

Some good stuff from Dexter-
"I have a good relationship with coach (Dabo) Swinney. I like his attitude and that he always has a lot of energy.”

What he's looking for in a school- "Just if the schools are family-oriented, if they do things together," Lawrence said. "All the coaches, if they're religious. Playing as a true freshman, I just want to go somewhere I can play as a freshman."

And now onto Rashan Gary... He's looking at arranging for his final visits and this will be crucial to our chances. If he does visit our chances would seemingly rise. Simple as that. Get him on and show him what "God's country" is all about. He's spoken of returning to the south in January for some more stops so we'll cross our fingers that he'll swing by. Gary has stopped by Clemson before on his quick trip through the south earlier this year. Unfortunately, Dabo was on vacation in Florida during that time but the two were able to communicate via Skype. One really positive thing from that visit; His mother on Coach Swinney- "He's a really nice guy," Coney said. "What I liked about him most of all was that he said I want you to go out there and visit as many schools as you can and get a good feel on them. If you feel Clemson is the place, come back. I've never heard a college coach say that. That was refreshing."

More positives to take from his mother- “I was very impressed with Clemson. For me, I haven’t been to too many schools as of yet,” she said. “Rashan has been to a few other schools with his teammates, so I was in awe. It was a very nice facility. Very good academics in the way that they explain how Rashan would be successful academically – that was the key to my visit. For Rashan, he was going to go to college whether he played football or not. He wants to play football. I want Rashan to go to college and come home with a degree."

Now, as you probably know, Michigan is the team to beat here. Gary's former coach Chris Partridge is the new director of recruiting operations. Partridge and Rashan's mother have a good relationship and are very familiar with one another. Additionally, two former teammates of Gary's, Jabrill Peppers and Juwann Bushell-Beatty, are also Wolverines. At this point in time I have a hard time believing that he'll go elsewhere but I've been wrong so many times before. Ya never know if the SEC bag-men will show up and honestly Rashan is a recruiting diva. He loves it. Nothing wrong with that. But as of now it appears he'll be a Wolverine.

Here's some more stuff if you're interested:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=17752893�

Re: First off, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend....

Nov 30, 2015, 11:12 PM

I had a good one, but could have been better I was away from the family. I will be home for Christmas though. That's some good news. Looks to be a decent recruiting year for the Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First off, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend....

Nov 30, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to First off, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.... ]

Unfortunately, your gif looks like Boulware's run fits recently.

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic