Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow... "SEC FAN"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Wow... "SEC FAN"

Nov 27, 2015, 1:16 AM

So, I work for the State Department and am in Baghdad, IQ. I am walking through the Chancery building this morning wearing a Clemson sweatshirt. A guy notices the Paw and says "Clemson, right? They are in South Carolina, right?" I said "yes." He says "# 1 team in the country, but they will lose to Alabama." I said "you are an Alabama fan?" He replies, "No, I'm a Tennessee fan but a fan of the SEC." I replied, "Ha, we'll see about that but I get why you are you a fan of Alabama and the SEC with as terrible as Tennessee has been for the past decade." Silence as I walk off shaking my head and chuckling.

Wow, just wow.. Mind you, this guy is a linguist and is of Arabic decent but lives in TN currently. Guess it doesn't take long to get brainwashed and ride the coattails of others when your team has been sub par for over a decade.

But with being over here I don't have to deal with a lot of the daily idiots back in South Carolina and across the South that are brainwashed by the propaganda, but apparently their ignorance stretches well across the Atlantic and into the Middle East. Can't wait to see that guy in about 6 weeks..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

University of SEC not looking so skrong this year***

Nov 27, 2015, 3:01 AM

ditto that in Munich.

Nov 27, 2015, 3:09 AM

Lot of Carolina fans here reaching for straws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

^^^Munich....one of my favorite cities to visit during my

Nov 27, 2015, 3:11 AM

army tour there over 40 years ago. Best wishes to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^Munich....one of my favorite cities to visit during my

Nov 27, 2015, 4:30 AM

Munich is wonderful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still one of mine, i go every year for Oktoberfest.

Nov 27, 2015, 9:04 AM

Beautiful city, beautiful people, great food, best public transportation in the world. Amsterdam is a close second.

You can't drink all day if you don't start early!

Best wishes to you, and thank you for your efforts on

Nov 27, 2015, 3:09 AM

our behalf over there.

While conference pride is OK, I've found that the biggest homers are usually those fans of teams with mediocre or poor records. It's kind of like living the movie star's lifestyle on a ditchdigger's budget...and finding some way to brag about it. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow... "SEC FAN"

Nov 27, 2015, 4:40 AM

I really don't understand the conference pride thing. The only reason I will pull for ACC teams this weekend is because I enjoy watching the ESPiN pundits look like fools. In general I want the ACC to be stronger purely for SOS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likewise, I have found that I have been drawn into routing for ACC teams.

Nov 27, 2015, 4:59 AM

In the past if I had no routing interest, I generally would pull for the underdog (or whoever was down at halftime). But after years of listening to the SEC homers and the SEC propaganda, I find that I rout for any conference other than the SEC. All of this eye test, perceived strength of schedule, and "who have you beaten?" talk has pushed me to hope our opponents in the ACC are successful.
I don't like that this is where I find myself these days but it is where I am. So be it.
Go Tigers!

Re: Likewise, I have found that I have been drawn into routing for ACC teams.

Nov 27, 2015, 6:19 AM

Not meaning to sound like the grammar police, but is "routing" the correct word here? LOL Joking of course.

Seems like ALL the $ec teams are now groupies. I used to think it was just coots and ole pissers, but now you see fans from bama, lswho, uga, and others pounding their "$ec brand" instead of individual successes. Go figure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol! I will take all the grammar lessons I can get!

Nov 27, 2015, 6:31 AM

Probably used it wrong many times on Tnet. I can't even play that off.

Nov 27, 2015, 6:26 AM

I know a couple from Savannah ( both UGA alums) that will be in Willy-B tomorrow because they ...and I quote " We wanna see the SEC take down the #1 team in the country " .
End quote .
It's a disease of the weakened mind .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sad. And too bad that won't happen...

Nov 27, 2015, 6:57 AM

But I could never imagine going to UNC, or FSU or any other conference school in hopes of watching the ACC defeat the #1 team in the country. Sad and pathetic!

Nov 27, 2015, 6:40 AM

The sec culture has created a common bond between schools coast to coast. They all take joy in watching the sec lose to out of conference competition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have thought the US government

Nov 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

hired smarter people than that.

But I haven't had my coffee yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thought

Nov 27, 2015, 9:02 AM

Gonna laugh so hard when auburn beats bama and there is no sec team in playoff

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send him this link.

Nov 27, 2015, 10:08 AM

https://secexposed.wordpress.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one would think that 'inbred' and 'towelhead' would be exclusionary terms...

Nov 27, 2015, 11:32 AM

but I guess nothing is too low for the SEC....

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic