Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That was a good showing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,356

That was a good showing.

Nov 26, 2015, 2:00 AM

Any chance this team makes the tournament?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I think so. I predict 21-9 regular season.***

Nov 26, 2015, 2:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That was a fun game to watch!

Nov 26, 2015, 2:08 AM

I hope you're right about the season.

I like our starting 5. I don't like our bench.

Nov 26, 2015, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Yes, I think so. I predict 21-9 regular season.*** ]

Next season we should have a solid staring 5 as well as a solid bench.

Re: That was a good showing.

Nov 26, 2015, 2:15 AM

Pretty rock solid win over a Big 10 team!

Little early for tournament talk, but huge to bounce back in such a big way.

rutgers is 3-3

Nov 26, 2015, 8:23 AM

Wins
Rutgers - Newark
Howard
Central Arkansas

Let's not get too excited.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good bounce back Win...

Nov 26, 2015, 2:16 AM

After the rough showing against UMass...this Tiger can shoot and play defense when they want to and tonight Rutgers found that out

Nov 26, 2015, 4:47 AM

I woke up with my little man to see that the usual suspects are no where to be found. I am guessing the Tigers must have won!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Roper looked really good running the point

Nov 26, 2015, 6:05 AM

Pros: Looking for easy transition baskets after misses and turnovers. That was nice to see. Josh Smith did a good job off the bench as well. I thought the lack of depth at small forward would be a weakness but Smith's play allows Grantham and Blossomgame to be interchangeable there.

Cons: Depth at the guard position. Roper is our undisputed back up point if Holmes is in foul trouble. Ty Hudson isn't there yet. We have a huge hole at the shooting guard spot. Devoe gives effort, but lacks the athleticism we will see in ACC play. Ajukwa's departure hurts as we could play both wing positions and was more athletic.

Looking forward: We're go as far as Grantham and Blossomgame take us. Would like to see them look for more easier baskets after they rebound the ball defensively. Rutgers isn't a very good team, but a win's a win.

Re: Roper looked really good running the point- yep

Nov 26, 2015, 7:47 AM

I thought Ajukwa was was positioned to have a nice year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stats not show what you watched.

Nov 26, 2015, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Roper looked really good running the point ]

2 for 10 shooting and 4 assists will not get it done.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 assists and 0 turnovers from your back up PG

Nov 26, 2015, 9:01 AM

Isn't good? 20-1 assist/TO ratio on the season isn't good? He wasn't talking about his shooting, he was talking about him running the point, which he did very well

Rutgers isnt good but they...

Nov 26, 2015, 9:48 AM

Did give a good Creighton team a pretty good game until late and they won the tournament in LV after beating UMass. I say its a good win, especially how bad we played Monday night. I think if we play this well Monday at Minnesota we should win. I saw them in a couple of games in the PR shootout and didn't look that much better than Rutgers. Just keep getting wins...

Nov 26, 2015, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: That was a good showing. ]

It's not a big deal to me. But it really is amazing the group of posters that were blowing up the basketball board yesterday, and today are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Not a word.

And I'm betting it's not because it's thanksgiving. Because I bet if we had lost last night, they'd have plenty to say even tho it's thanksgiving.

Nov 26, 2015, 3:42 PM

Yep it's sad

null

Nov 26, 2015, 4:32 PM

What's sad is nobody can make an honest assessment on this board without you showing up and blasting them for it......

I pull for the basketball team just as hard as you do but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that our program is not where it could be.

A win over Rutgers doesn't change that.

You are right, our program isn't where it could be.

Nov 26, 2015, 5:20 PM

We could have great fan support, but instead we have crappy fan support. We could have top facilities, but we don't because everyone is too proud of being a "football school" and scared that money spent on basketball takes too much away from football. We could have consistent support from the administration, but until recently we haven't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You are right, our program isn't where it could be.

Nov 26, 2015, 5:27 PM

We had good fan support when OP was here and we were winning......

I don't think Brownell is a bad coach, he's just not the right guy for this program.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Re: You are right, our program isn't where it could be.

Nov 26, 2015, 5:58 PM

We most definitely did not have good fan support when OP was here. Some games? Sure we had good attendance. But don't fool yourself into thinking we had great fans then.

Nov 26, 2015, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: That was a good showing. ]

Props to you though for actually coming around after a win. Seriously.

Because it literally seems that some refuse to even come around if the team wins a game. Which is an obvious indicator that they are pulling against the team just to make themselves "right", and that's the saddest thing of all honestly.

Nov 26, 2015, 9:01 PM

You've got to admit there's not much to be excited about right now unless you're a diehard Clemson and basketball fan.

Like I keep trying to tell clemtiger, the fact that you keep having to come back and defend the guy year after year should tell you something.

I've never came on this board and just started bashing Brownell. The only thing I do is respond to the people that make excuses and blame OP for his shortcomings.

Nov 26, 2015, 11:24 PM

Disagree. You can't get excited over Blossomgame and Grantham? That's two potential NBA guys. What about the transfers? Brand new arena?

I just don't see it your way. But I respect your opinion and the fact that you're at least pulling for the team, regardless of your thoughts about the current state of the program.

Nov 26, 2015, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: That was a good showing. ]

What is sad Skeeter3 is losers like you who have multiple screen names.

null

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic