Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things I am thankful for this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 510

Things I am thankful for this week

Nov 25, 2015, 4:45 PM

1. Clemson family - even though I am a Clemson alumnus, Clemson family encompasses so much more than just those of us who graduated from our school. There are so many people with so many varied relationships with our university but all are passionate about Clemson.
2. Tommy Bowden - for realizing it was time to get out-of-the-way, and for recognizing the potential in Dabo
3. Terry Don Phillips - for having the courage to take a chance on unproven coach with an unlimited upside
4. Our players and coaches - for understanding and embracing the culture that is Clemson, for doing us proud consistently on the field and in the classroom, and for understanding that there is more to life than just football
5. Chad Kelly - for getting the heck out of Clemson, for hanging a loss on Alabama, and then for making those losses look worse and worse with bad losses of his own
6. ESPN - for constant by providing us bulletin board material and motivation to prove the "experts" wrong
7. Rain - because without it, everyone knows we could never have beaten Notre Dame
8. Old Ball Coach - for setting out to prove that Carolina didn't always have to be a doormat, for proving it without really accomplishing anything at all, and for realizing and it's not good to fool with the natural order of things, and abruptly leaving and returning them to the condition he found them in
9. USuCk players and coaches - for being the consummate little brother, recognizing that it is our time and working so hard to get out of Clemson's way, that they continually trip over themselves, and doing an even better job of it this year than they did in 1981
10. USuCk fans - for demonstrating zero class and humility during their teens unprecedented run of success and making it so much more enjoyable to return things to normal

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thankful that CTB got the discussion going and.......

Nov 25, 2015, 4:54 PM

possibly the ball rolling on the West End Zone which I think has played a significant factor in recruiting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm thankful that CTB got the discussion going and.......

Nov 25, 2015, 6:01 PM

Go to youtube and watch any game pre-05 and DV is almost unrecognizable. We've come a long way in a short period of time in that regard. CTB definitely got it started, he did a lot of good things for us. Just glad AD Phillips didn't totally clean house after '08, who knows where we'd be..

"almost unrecognizable"????

Nov 25, 2015, 6:05 PM

Nahhhh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "almost unrecognizable"????

Nov 25, 2015, 6:06 PM

Not from the outside or anything like that, but the first Bowden Bowl was on ESPN Classic before the FSU game, and it was odd seeing a different west endzone. The brick around the field is a nice touch, too.

Nov 25, 2015, 6:13 PM

Lot of changes on the outside too with the brick/metal fences, paver sidewalks, new video boards, tree replacements, signage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 6:25 PM

I didn't mean for it to come across as a snide comment..as a younger fan whose first memories are of the old stadium, it's a night and day difference now when I see the stadium.

Re: Things I am thankful for this week

Nov 25, 2015, 6:21 PM

1. God's love.

2. The manifestation of God's love in the Son of Man, Jesus, The Christ.

3. Children, grandchildren, ex-wife who had children and sons and daughters in law...

4. Health

5. Living in a country in which saying the above doesn't bring presecution.

6. Clemson University.

7. Viagria, J/K. OK Clemson Football since crump and P&R bored and all.

It kinda tapers off after that...but noting about the coots makes the list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic