Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'M THANKFUL FOR...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 402

I'M THANKFUL FOR...

Nov 25, 2015, 2:48 PM

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for a lot of things and I don't want to get things out of perspective when it comes to life in general. Faith, family, friends, and health are foremost.

But, I'm thankful that Clemson was able to be introduced to a man named Dabo Swinney in 2002. I'm thankful that when things went wrong for Tommy Bowden in 2008, both Bowden and AD TDP thought he was a head coach in the making. And through years of success with inexplicable losses as well as the best period in the history of SCU football, I'm thankful Dabo Swinney continued to persevere and make very wise decisions... even with a minority of fans calling for his dismissal.

I have no doubt that man recruited harder than ANYONE in the FBS the last 6 years and the rewards are paying us dividends now. I'm thankful to know that Dabo Swinney is running a CLEAN program, and TRULY CARES about the development of our young men. And, in return, these talented young men are giving him and his coaching staff their effort and determination each Saturday in the fall... we are fortunate enough to be witnessing something that is truly special.

I attended Clemson between 1992 and 1997, and I endured Ken Hatfield and Tommy West. I know how down and out it can be (although I never want to endure what a coot has to live with). Everything from the improved talent, coaching, and facilities is ultimately attributable to the efforts of one Dabo Swinney... If you don't realize it, you're a fool.

So, I'll enjoy what is most important in life these next few days - faith, family, freedom. But if we are fortunate enough to say to ourselves "We are 12-0" (AGAIN, THAT IS TWELVE AND OH) this Saturday afternoon, I'm very thankful for the fond memories that Dabo Swinney has provided me while coaching Clemson football.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 402
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic