Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kelly Bryant appears closer to backup QB job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kelly Bryant appears closer to backup QB job

Oct 24, 2015, 4:10 PM

Kelly Bryant appears closer to backup QB job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd hope.***

Oct 24, 2015, 4:12 PM

Re: i'd hope.***

Oct 24, 2015, 4:35 PM

You, Me, and Tiger Nation surly hopes so. Get him ready in case we really need him down the road!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2015, 5:09 PM

I'm so darn tired of hearing about the 2nd string qb! About how, if deshaun this or deshaun that, injury wise! Did yall not see the man play today? He looks for contact on almost every run, unless he realizes there's no reason for it. Frankly I'm tired of every analyst saying "oh I'm sure Clemson fans were holding there breath on that hit" I mean I understand we don't want our qb to force himself into big hits but I believe every team is that. #4 is as healthy as he's ever been & doing exactly what he knows he needs to do to get THIS team to the playoffs!!!! GO TIGERS #ALLIN

DW may be healthy

Oct 24, 2015, 7:14 PM

and he may go the rest of his career at Clemson and never get injured again and I think there is not a single Clemson fan that wants anything else than to see #4 on Saturday. That said, he is a QB that likes to run and his running is a critical part of our offense. With any QB that runs the ball there is a high risk that at some point he will take a hit that will injure him and he will miss PT. As a coach you have to have your best backup option ready to play at all times and it is obvious that our best #2 is #2. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have someone who can get the ball in their hands then it doesn't matter.

People talking about the backup don't want to ever actually have to see him play they are just wanting to make sure the coaches have the next best option ready so that if DW were to go down that he can pick up where #4 left off and continue to lead the team successfully.

Re: DW may be healthy

Oct 25, 2015, 10:22 AM

Exactly, and I hope and even pray that I never see DW4 go down again ever, even after he leaves Clemson. But if he does, I hope we have someone that can carry our team to the end without our team losing everything they have worked so hard for!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW may be healthy

Oct 25, 2015, 10:31 AM

Have faith in our Tigers!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: i'd hope.*** ]

You must not have been watching FB all that long to not understand the importance of having a quality Backup QB. One blind side by a LB like a Ben Boulware or a DE like a Shaq Lawson that has the ability of taking a QB out for the season bc they held onto the ball just a split second to long.

Re: FB Update: Kelly Bryant appears closer to backup QB job

Oct 24, 2015, 5:07 PM

If he can't pass the ball effectively, then he ain't ready yet.

Hawg wash

Oct 24, 2015, 6:23 PM

LOL.

His potential ALONE...was good enough for number 2, ALL ALONG*

Can you imagine Bryant running the ZONE read when he is our starter....yikes.

Great win.

Roger that.KB runs better than Schessler throws.We know that***

Oct 24, 2015, 7:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2015, 7:26 PM

He appeared that way in August practice to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2015, 10:40 PM

streeter knows what he's doing. Let the coaches earn their big bucks.

Schessler is going to be fourth string we brought in two

Oct 24, 2015, 10:57 PM

Amazing freshmen QB's, don't forget we are loaded there too...lol

I can't believe I just said that, this is the best day in Tiger football history, close but it looks good to be a Tiger today. It's nice to smile at our rivals after hearing the biggest tall tales the last 5 years, oh wait, they have always done that.

I'll never forget our insurance guy at work had a coot ring on and He saw me and another guy were Clemson guys the very first thing he said was South Carolina was a football school in a football conference. We fell in the floor laughing for reall..lol

He started hiding after that..lol

I can't wait to see the other record breaker from Florida too. Kelly is going to be a better runner than Watson! I'll be impressed if he throws as well and is as good of a decision maker. Streeter has been gold for our QB's!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I may be completely wrong on this, and I've said

Oct 25, 2015, 10:35 AM

it before, but I think Bryant has pretty much always been viewed as back up to Watson and Schuessler is like the buffer between DW and Bryant. He is the guy to throw in to not risk injury to DW or KB when games get out of hand but at the same time Dabo knows KB has to get some reps. God forbid something happened to DW, but if it did, I can't imagine the leash being long at all on Schuessler, like 2 possessions.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic