Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite SOS Memories
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,280

Favorite SOS Memories

Oct 13, 2015, 10:54 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18019099

Anything else?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite SOS Memories

Oct 13, 2015, 11:01 PM

I remember it. ....like it was yesterday. ...oh,that's right, it was yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite SOS Memories

Oct 14, 2015, 5:42 AM

I like remembering that SOS had a losing record to FSU and Bobby Bowden. How cool is it that SOS won 6 SEC Titles in 12 years at UF and yet had a losing record over the same time to FSU. Don't you think that drove SOS crazy?

I like this quote about SOS from SB Nation:

"He was, to some degree, a pioneering forefather of the modern ####### coaching model.
To wit: Spurrier just ditched the team full of players who committed to play an entire season for the man. Then again, most of the people making that accusation would also have to admit that most players at South Carolina have barely had contact with Spurrier, who’s happily let his assistants run the program for the past few years."

I like knowing that on the day the OLD BALL COACH dies the taste of that last losing game with Clemson will still be in his mouth.

I like remembering that one of SOS's favorite sayings about football is "Just keep playing" and knowing that he quit on Florida AND South Carolina.

I like knowing that Paul Deitzel went back to LSU to live after he coached at South Carolina, that Lou Holtz was always a Notre Dame fan and will be buried in South Bend, and that Coach Spurrier will move back to Florida and hang around the Gators for the rest of his life, forgetting pretty much that he ever passed through Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,280
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic