Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So take a look at this about Spurrier accomplishments at usc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,105

So take a look at this about Spurrier accomplishments at usc

Oct 13, 2015, 5:21 PM

An ESPN - an article "Steve Spurrier announces resignation" by Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13879057/steve-spurrier-south-carolina-gamecocks-announces-resignation

The "expert" Schlabach equates winning a national championship and six SEC championships at Florida to the following:
"leading the Gamecocks to three consecutive 11-win seasons from 2011-13 behind quarterback Connor Shaw, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, receiver Alshon Jeffery and running back Marcus Lattimore."

Seriously?

3 11-win seasons, 86 total wins in 10.5 years, Zero National Championships, Zero SEC Championships. One SEC East Division Championship = 1 national championship + 6 SEC Championships + 122 wins in 12 seasons

Seriously?

Egads. The delusion has run rampant.

From the article:
Spurrier resigns with an 86-49 record at South Carolina and a 228-89-2 mark in 25 seasons as a head coach. He coached Florida, his alma mater, from 1990 to 2001 and led the Gators to the 1996 national championship and six SEC championships using his innovative offense.

What Spurrier accomplished at South Carolina was nearly as impressive, leading the Gamecocks to three consecutive 11-win seasons from 2011-13 behind quarterback Connor Shaw, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, receiver Alshon Jeffery and running back Marcus Lattimore.

Bowl record at USC: 5-4 and 86 total Wins in 10.5 years. Zero SEC Championships. One SEC East Division Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More of a backhanded compliment***

Oct 13, 2015, 5:23 PM

Clemson

I think we beat BC by 17 pts...

Oct 13, 2015, 5:25 PM

Something like 27-10. What say you?

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we beat BC by 17 pts...

Oct 13, 2015, 5:51 PM

Only way BC scores 10 points is from a pick 6 or fumble recovery

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

And this surprises you???***

Oct 13, 2015, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say what he did at SCAR was more impressive

Oct 13, 2015, 5:45 PM

nobody can win a championship there. I doubt there is any other coach that could win multiple double digit wins at SCAR. It was impressive. It was their pinnacle. It will never be duplicated. They will head back to the cellar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would say what he did at SCAR was more impressive

Oct 13, 2015, 6:34 PM

Exactly and as stated before, it was a backhanded compliment...or more accurately, it was basically saying that USuC is so bad that such a meager record at USuC is comparable to big winning at a real school and football program.

In sticking with #### tradition, who's the next ancient/retired coach that needs to make some money and ruin their overall college football record by going to USuC?

the 3 11-win seasons were done under NCAA Probation

Oct 13, 2015, 6:45 PM

a footnote that needn't be forgotten.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic