Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charlie Strong slipped up & won a game...On short list?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 731

Charlie Strong slipped up & won a game...On short list?

Oct 13, 2015, 2:29 PM

Would the feathered football fans in Cootlumbia welcome him back as replacement or is Texa$ money too much to leave behind for a sinking ship?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Oct 13, 2015, 2:39 PM

white wife...

Re: Charlie Strong slipped up & won a game...On short list?

Oct 13, 2015, 2:40 PM

I've heard some want him and some think he's better served as just a defensive coordinator. I feel like if they offered him the job and he took it most fans would be happy with the hire though. That being said, I don't think he would accept it unless he is just wanted to get out of Austin. Texas has all the money in the world, so USC won't out bid them.

Coot rumor was that they were bringing him to Cootland as OC

Oct 13, 2015, 2:49 PM

But that was before OBS announced his retirement/resignation/buttsoreness.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2015, 2:50 PM

I think our coaches will have our boys ready to beat BC this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 13, 2015, 2:57 PM

I would fear Charlie Strong - a bit.

Charlie built quite a program with guys ranked in the 40-60 range at Louisville...these were athletically talented but 2/3-star guys, and unlike Bobby Petrino he was recruiting kids with character and not perusing the SEC's waiver wire and offering guys still in handcuffs. He had 10 guys drafted off last year's Louisville team...and a lot of them were DL and OL.

Guys who can spot the underrated talent in the trenches and develop them make me nervous. Strong can obviously do that. Guys who can command discipline and accountability in the locker room make me nervous. Strong definitely does that. On top of which, Strong is a 3-4 adherent, which I think is a "must" for South Carolina, because the predominant emphasis these days is largely a 4-3, and two-gap guys are just not en vogue anymore...which means Strong would likely dip into the vast pool of undercoached, raw, but very athletic Midland and especially Low Country talent and find those big two-gappers and those hybrid LB/DE tweeners that nobody else is recruiting that hard and wreak some havoc with them in 2-3 years. Strong builds from the lines out and he builds healthy cultures and we've seen him do a full-on rebuild job once already...if Texas gives him time, he'll do the same for them.

Aside from that, the guys I've seen are just names, some of them with less than half a season of head coaching experience, like Tom Hermann at Houston. They wanna roll the dice with an unproven coach who has few if any ties to the state I'm fine with it...good luck, there.

Replies: 5
| visibility 731
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic