Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Play Calling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,154

Clemson Play Calling

Oct 9, 2015, 2:15 AM

IMO, the play calling in last two games have been anything but innovative. Yeah, we won but I believe we are becoming somewhat predictable. Against ND, everybody in the stands and nation-wide TV knew when DW was going to run. What has happened to the up-tempo play calling. I know the loss of Mike Williams has taken out the long play threat but with our talent, surely we can put more pizzazz into the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you understand clock management and ball security?

Oct 9, 2015, 3:06 AM

Just wondering before I say something stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you understand clock management and ball security?

Oct 9, 2015, 6:21 AM

I agree with you on the clock management comment. But we have to mix our run plays up when we are in that mode. Running the same play over and over also allows the defense to key in on the tackle faster which stops the clock. Just need to mix up the calls a little.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2015, 7:10 AM

Our play calling was predictable. The Chad was an experienced OC, we miss him in that. Hopefully, the new coordinators will pick it up like fast.

Oct 9, 2015, 7:14 AM

The Chad is also known for going stale in the 2nd half and not making adjustments. He is at SMU, time to stop comparing Scott/Elliott to Chad. Supposedly, they tutored under The Chad for 3 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2015, 9:03 AM

The Chad's offense made us relevant again and his departure shows on the field. I understand we have new coordinators but the play calling must improve if we want to achieve our goals for this season.

Oct 9, 2015, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you understand clock management and ball security? ]

The team and staff are playing to win. In a monsoon, you gotta play to win, you have to adjust your play calling, in this case, ball security was the goal and they accomplished that. Our only TO was an interception in the end zone. I would have preferred grinding it further down and kick a FG or best case scenario, another TD. Easy to second guess the OC's when something doesnt work. End result, a win over ND. The staff hopes to go all Air Force this weekend, but if it rains, we may go all Navy. Thats a good way to put it. I dont think GT can stop us either way. BV and his defensive staff have played against GT now for what, 3 years? They know how to stop it. It wasnt the defense that cost us the game last year at GT, it was the offense and two pick 6's. Its not Stoudt this year, its DW.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic