Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maryland is the worst run program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,242

Maryland is the worst run program.

Oct 8, 2015, 11:51 PM

Who is running things up there. First they build too much and start losing tons of money. Then they fire the best coach they have had in 30 years. Then leave the ACC and basically lose in court and have to pay the ACC like 30 million. Now they are getting there doors blown off and are gonna fire their coach mid season and pay him a bunch of money. For a broke program man they waste money. The lack of leadership is so evident. At this pace there may be no Maryland program in 10 years

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had an awful men's tennis program forever

Oct 9, 2015, 12:23 AM

And then they started to get pretty good, then after 2 years of being good, they drop the team because they are broke

Re: They had an awful men's tennis program forever

Oct 9, 2015, 12:41 AM

Nobody gives a crap about tennis

When a school cuts athletic scholarship sports

Oct 9, 2015, 12:43 AM

It's always a big deal and shows the state of an athletic department

I'd like to see Clemson dump tennis. Waste of money and

Oct 9, 2015, 6:13 AM

space that could be used for football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We should just drop every college sport...

Oct 9, 2015, 7:52 AM

Then we wouldn't have to worry about having a well rounded athletics program...

Wrong!!!

Oct 9, 2015, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: They had an awful men's tennis program forever ]

T_I_P gives a carp about tennis. Betta recognize fool.

Re: They had an awful men's tennis program forever

Oct 9, 2015, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: They had an awful men's tennis program forever ]

Wow youre a ###### bag.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Reports at the time indicated that a large segment of the

Oct 9, 2015, 5:46 AM

Maryland alumni and fan base were strongly opposed to their resignation from the ACC.

Sooner, rather than later, I believe UMD officials will realize that the move was made rashly, rather than prudently. Likewise, I believed that the ACC could have been more proactive in attempts to keep the Terps within the fold and offered greater assistance to help the school correct its problems.

Like them or not, Maryland was a charter ACC member, often allied with Clemson, and was historically a keen competitor. They were definitely within the ACC's footprint along the east coast. Additionally, a lot of Clemson folks don't know that Clemson and UMD had ties that went back to the Thomas G. Clemson days.

I'm happy that the Cards are now a partner; I regret that the Maryland administration made the move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - agree with all that but still not sure about Lville

Oct 9, 2015, 9:02 AM

We'll see how it all goes, but Louisville's football program seems pretty sketchy to me - taking a lot of misbehaving cast-offs from the SEC (players AND coaches). But all the reports I heard from the game there a few weeks were glowing, so I hope it ends up being a good fit.

And even with all the less-than-glowing reviews of trips to Maryland, I wish we still had them in the ACC to kick around. Losing a charter member - especially one not located in North Carolina - is not a good development.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're Preseason #1 in Basketball

Oct 9, 2015, 7:29 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic