Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: The History of the Tiger Paw
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,122

FB Update: WATCH: The History of the Tiger Paw

Oct 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

WATCH: The History of the Tiger Paw

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story Hootie.***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:28 PM

Re: FB Update: WATCH: The History of the Tiger Paw

Oct 7, 2015, 12:30 PM

Nice interview.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: The History of the Tiger Paw- Nice on this but he was

Oct 7, 2015, 12:42 PM

also the visionary that killed the Hill run during his tenure till Ben Anderson and the seniors begged to be able to run it for the last game of their careers. I dont believe he ever had a winning season at Clemson either. I suffered through those years. We were not very good

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Salute Coach Hootie, Coach Howard & Judge Keller for seein

Oct 7, 2015, 2:23 PM

that The PAW was just what the Doc ordered and what Clemson needed to stand out from the pack of other Tigers!

Surprising that President Edwards was luke-warm..that Bill Wilheim & Tates Locke were against!

ThX Hootie (now 82) for seeing this idea thru, as well as having PAWS on the highways!

GoTiGERS..keep GuTTing iT Out!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great story!

Oct 7, 2015, 6:14 PM

I miss ol' Frank Howard...I didn't realize that Hootie was "half crazy" too....LOL! I appreciate the legacy of the PAW because of Ingram and Howard.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good story, but Hootie was not a visionary. He stopped the

Oct 7, 2015, 6:33 PM

Tigers from running down the hill...what a terrible decision. Thank goodness he brought Coach Howard in for his opinion!

Re: Good story, but Hootie was not a visionary. He stopped the

Oct 7, 2015, 8:49 PM

You are wrong about the Hill. Before Coach Ingram came to Clemson, the players dressed at fike field house and walked down to the stadium and ran down the Hill TO DO WARMUPS about one hour before the game. They then went into the west end zone and ran out from the west end zoned just before the game.

When Coach Ingram became head coach at Clemson, dressing rooms were built in the west end zone. So there was no need to run down the hill to do warmups. The team just ran out from the dressing rooms that were now in the west end zone to do warmups and to run onto the field just before kickoff.

Before Coach Ingram's last game against the gamecocks in 1972, Ben Anderson and Bobby Johnson who were seniors on the football team went to Coach Ingram and asked if the team could do warmups and then be bused around the stadium to run down the Hill just before kickoff. Coach Ingram agreed and got buses to taken the team around the stadium to run down the Hill just before kickoff.

Contrary to popular belief, the current tradition of running down the Hill just before the kickoff began at Coach Ingram's last game as a coach at Clemson.

Hootie was a passive participant in the "Paw" development

Oct 7, 2015, 6:58 PM

He simply gave a great idea his blessing. He gets credit for not getting in the way, but ...

Henderson Advertising created the concept which was totally unique at the time, but has evolved into probably the most widely imitated logo idea in the history of college sports.

Maybe if Hootie just hadn't tried to squash the most exciting team entrance in the world ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm STiLL giving Hootie, Coach Howard & Judge Keller kudos..

Oct 7, 2015, 8:45 PM

(as well as Henderson Adv..for getting the PAW created)..then having it put on sports & civilian clothing & stuff..and then getting Hwy Dept to stencil it onto hwys.

ThX CLEMSON Men for separating us from all the other Tiger Teams.

GoTiGERs..keep GuTTing IT OUT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He gets a pass for sure! But for Tigers sake Hootie.....

Oct 8, 2015, 1:32 PM

It's Clemson dangit!!!! C L E M S O N!!!!!!

?? just kidding....but it is an S , not a Z.

?? no REALLY say it right!!!!

Lol

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,122
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic