Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened to Trevion Thompson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,036

What happened to Trevion Thompson?

Oct 7, 2015, 7:42 AM

He was heralded by Dabo in the preseason, but only has 3 catches in 4 games for 21 yards. As much trouble as we're having trying to replace the output of Williams, I thought we'd hear his name called a lot more. What's up with that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Trevion Thompson?

Oct 7, 2015, 7:48 AM

He was mixing it up pretty good against the cards, great effort.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely agree. I thought he was gonna break out this year.

Oct 7, 2015, 7:49 AM

Must not be grasping the playbook or something. As much as we heard this summer about him, I assumed he would be a big factor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 7:55 AM

At Clemson, you don't get the starting job at WR unless you are as good at downfield blocking as you are at catching the ball. Artavis gets tackled behind the line every time on screens if there isn't great effort blocking downfield. But those screens almost always gain yards. That only happens if the DBs and LBs are occupied.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

downfield blocking has been a much bigger issue

Oct 7, 2015, 8:32 AM

This year than in recent years. Watch replays and see how often our WRs give minimal effort. I know the coaches expect much better so I also expect this to improve.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:09 AM

Think the staff has been trying to get peake going. Think they have given up now. Peak is like a 6 man in basketball better coming off the bench not a stater.

I don't know if I'd say that.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:12 AM

Peake draws attention at his new position but his skill isn't utilized there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if I'd say that.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:25 AM

I'll have to disagree on that point. Watkins and Hopkins...even Bryant, are the type of receivers that can make their QB look better. Then, there are receivers who need their QB to make them look good, aka: Watson to Peake vs UGA. That was all Watson, although Peake did well to hang on. Peake's allowed two INT's this year. When you have a QB capable of delivering in 'small margin of error' windows, you MUST do your part as a receiver to help him out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if I'd say that.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:39 AM

Don't know either we need someone to step up if we want to go to the playoffs. Like the effort from Renfrow. Hate to say it but I think we'll start seeing teams load the box up.

Oct 7, 2015, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: What happened to Trevion Thompson? ]

I disagree. He is better at his old position not on the bench.

Oct 7, 2015, 11:18 AM

They had a bunch of packages for both him and Deon Cain in the ND game, but the weather caused them to abandon that game plan. Could have a nice performance this week.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,036
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic