Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So explain to me this as written by ESPN... BIAS OR NO BIAS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,707

So explain to me this as written by ESPN... BIAS OR NO BIAS?

Oct 7, 2015, 6:38 AM

See below.. Why would and does the writer mention that Clemson did lose back to back games over 5 years ago? Tthat quates to full roster turnover in college football. Clemson in years 1-3 under Dabo was a different team/culture than years 5-8.

So is that ESPN bias against Clemson or is that standard reporting as in he writes like that for all teams? Ex: are they writing how great Ole Miss is by mentioning that they stunk 4 yrs ago? Is BAMA still a powerhouse champion BC they won back to back titles many years ago? Florida isbawesme BC Urban Meyer made them national champions 6 years ago.

Ivan M is talking about up to 8 years ago for Dabo and Clemson. Year 1 = 8, year 2 = 7 & year 3= 6... That is full roster turnover. What is his point?

From ESPN Ivan Maisel:
1. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney dismissed the possibility of a letdown against Georgia Tech after the Notre Dame circus came to campus last week. “We haven’t lost a lot of games, but when we have, we’ve come back and played well,” Swinney said. That’s recently true: The No. 6 Tigers haven’t lost consecutive games in the last three seasons. They are 36-7 from 2012 to date. However, Swinney’s teams lost consecutive games five times in his first three full seasons, when they went 25-16. Swinney has developed Clemson into a national power. But his memory might be a wee bit short.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't have a point

Oct 7, 2015, 7:10 AM

He gets paid to just spit off stupid babble with two thoughts in mind:

1. SEC teams are inherently bigger, stronger, faster, and better than any other team. Any loss is a fluke unless it's to an SEC team, then it's just unfortunate two powers had to play each other.

2. All non-SEC teams are just lucky (excluding Ohio State and Notre Dame), have no history, and shouldn't be winning games.

These people should be very worried about keeping their job this season, because I have a feeling they will be proved wrong again.

Go Tigers!

They are worried about keeping their jobs.

Oct 7, 2015, 7:38 AM

Both ESPiN's numbers are in the chitter. It's profits are negative, headed downward and the number of subscribers is down and headed in the same direction.

As far as them making horrible predictions during the early weeks of a season they are using their homegrown metric the FPI. As the games are played the FPI becomes a barely more accurate but early on it's guesses are horrible.

That's how 8-5 teams are found in the top ten of the following preseason polls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN loves em some Bama.

Oct 7, 2015, 7:55 AM

I don't think ESPiN hates anyone because they'll use anyone to get another sponsor, viewer or subscriber.

Bama was their rising star but it's burnt out. Although they continue to push Bama, and for good reason, Bama can't beat a balanced, dual threat HUNH team. That being said I think Clemson qualifies as a team that is built to beat the traditional SEC team that pounds the ball and has a good defense.

Possibly the only thing they've done to harm Clemson this season is to ignore us until we made a marquee matchup. We have the best win of the season now that Bama has fallen behind us in the polls yet most of their talkers, along with the voters, refuse to view us as a top four team right now.

At this point I don't believe they have the power to change a good teams destiny. I don't expect them to 'help,' Clemson for previously stated reason, ESPiN's bottom line. They really need the SEC to win the national championship this season and it looks to me like Bama is still the best team in the league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is he writing about losing back to back games....

Oct 7, 2015, 8:14 AM

When we haven't lost one yet?

Hope Maisel enjoys watching Clemson continue to ascend.

Bias? No. Uninformed, lazy, no talent hacks...yes.

Oct 7, 2015, 8:43 AM

They just go with whatever has been said before. No intellectual curiosity. Bad "journalism".

Until we do something noteworthy (division/ACC champs, playoff, NC) they will continue to go back to old news. It's the state of journalism today.

Personally, I don't really care what they say. Just win baby!

Re: So explain to me this as written by ESPN... IGNORE

Oct 7, 2015, 8:47 AM

dont click on or read his carp. they wither and die then. this is only there to evoke clicks and reaction. LAst week I watched our game. Game Day was recorded and FF though to get to the CU spots only.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,707
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic