Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ga. Tech a "trap" game?? NO WAY!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,388

Ga. Tech a "trap" game?? NO WAY!

Oct 6, 2015, 11:50 PM

Last year's Tech game should provide players with all the motivation they need.

Some see this as a "trap" game ...

I can't see any way the guys aren't 100% focused & prepared for this one after what happened in Atlanta last season.

If we were playing Wake Forest, it might be a "trap" game, but there is no way we aren't primed for the Jackets.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State. That's is the definition of a trap game. I'm more

Oct 7, 2015, 12:02 AM

Worried about playing @ NC state on a Halloween night after Miami and right before the biggest game of the season every year. I was reasonably worried about Louisville but NC state is the one that's stood out to me since the schedule was released. If they were coming here I'd have no doubts we would kick their #### but playing at NC State any year screams potential trap, this year they are in the one spot you don't want a trap team like them. Of course we can and should beat them regardless of the when and where but that one is going to worry me until it's over and in the books.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the St. game last year?

Oct 7, 2015, 5:17 AM

Our defense absolutely owned them. And I saw no reason for concern in their loss to Louisville. We'll go 11-1 against them in the last 12 years. In fact, Wake Forest has beaten us more times in the past 11 years than NC St.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

sadly I remember a time when nc st spoiled our

Oct 7, 2015, 11:02 PM

weekend

THEY ARE DEF FSU SPOILERS

for sure

null

Agree 100% especially if they lose Friday night..

Oct 7, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to NC State. That's is the definition of a trap game. I'm more ]

we embarrassed them last year. Once they are out of running for Charlotte, which could very easily be Friday night, we become their entire season, just as FSU visiting has been in the past.

Have to start quick there, get up by 14 points, get a stop and 1/3rd of their fans will leave and go home. It's how they roll

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching their OL try to block Louis' def allayed my fear.

Oct 7, 2015, 11:27 AM

Lugubrious, we will not be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ga. Tech a "trap" game?? NO WAY!

Oct 7, 2015, 12:05 AM

I agree. While I still think Tech can be a formidable opponent, I think my opinion is likely shared by most on the ball team.

If we are hunting a trap game, look to Miami or NC St. Those guys have enough talent to cause trouble Nd will likely be up for us. We should win both games, but if we fall asleep, they could hurt us.

Re: Ga. Tech a "trap" game?? NO WAY!

Oct 7, 2015, 6:37 AM

The definition of a "trap game"? Seems like winning 30 straight against unranked teams would somehow delete this saying.

The Tigers are preparing for GT, the ND should be past history for the players right now. Come out, play our game, explode on offense. Thats the key.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is almost the classical trap situation.

Oct 7, 2015, 6:51 AM

A couple of the variations give me confidence. It seems like classical traps are played on the road. It also seems like the total talent of each teams is a little closer to equal or balanced. It also seems like teams who get better and better each game and show it each week no matter the competition don't fall into traps.

Clemson 34-16

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The trap game ( if there is one ) is Miami...

Oct 7, 2015, 6:59 AM

At there place and Kaaya is the best QB we'll see til the playoffs :).

Re: The trap game ( if there is one ) is Miami...

Oct 7, 2015, 10:00 AM

Kaaya looked pedestrian against Cincinnati a few weeks ago . He seems like a very spotty QB . Against USuC in the StevePort Bowl he couldn't find passing lanes against one of the worst defenses he saw all year , and they lost .
No , Kaaya isn't really scary but he is capable. The Hurricane D is deplorable though , so there is that.
That trip worried me more than any other before the season but now I see it as a most likely win .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You must be flooded to feel like

Oct 7, 2015, 11:24 AM

last Thursday was 'a few weeks ago.' :)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is only a trap game if you are unprepared for opponent.***

Oct 7, 2015, 10:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

This is a trap post***

Oct 7, 2015, 11:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha ^^^

Oct 7, 2015, 11:03 PM

funny

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,388
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive