Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone slightly worry about our game with Tech?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Is anyone slightly worry about our game with Tech?

Oct 6, 2015, 1:46 PM

This is not a good time to be getting GT on their 3 game losing streak. I wish that they had beaten UNCheat. We are coming off an emotional win that by the stats we was lucky to win. Our offense bogged down after our quick 14-0 start. Plus its Georgia Tech...the team we should never lose to but seem we do especially in Atlanta. I believe we will win but it's going to much closer than some our fan may think.
My prediction Clemson 35 Tech 27

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is anyone slightly worry about our game with Tech?

Oct 6, 2015, 1:48 PM

bottom line is if we cant beat them at home we arent nearly the team we want to think we are

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think we played them this year

Oct 6, 2015, 1:49 PM

?

null

I think this is our offense's coming out party imo

Oct 6, 2015, 1:49 PM

I think we throw early and often. Defense will hold them to 20 and under so that should be good enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am always worried about GT

Oct 6, 2015, 1:57 PM

Especially when we are highly ranked and favored to win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally Agree.

Oct 6, 2015, 2:10 PM

This game has "Trap" written all over it.

Re: Totally Agree.

Oct 6, 2015, 2:32 PM

Since when are home games considered trap games?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Don't understand "trap game", huh?***

Oct 6, 2015, 3:47 PM

Re: Totally Agree.

Oct 6, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Totally Agree. ]

Such BS we'll beat the h3ll out of GT

Oct 6, 2015, 2:16 PM

Unless we have a big hangover from ND victory, no way we lose. If we show up and play 85%, not even close to perfect, we should win. We should be ready to open it up on offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always worry about this game. They've had our number half

Oct 6, 2015, 2:21 PM

the time since 1983

Re: I always worry about this game. They've had our number half

Oct 6, 2015, 2:27 PM

I am worried, but I think we are OK. My biggest concern is taking GT lightly. But, Dabo's comments have me encouraged that he will not let the players take ANY opponent lightly. I think he will keep the team focused.

Also, another sell out crowd on a nice day in the valley. It's going to be LOUD!!! Momentum from last week will continue to build for the team and the fans.

This has trap game written all over it

Oct 6, 2015, 2:23 PM

If we put the same effort into this game, we could roll. It's all about the coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has trap game written all over it

Oct 6, 2015, 2:25 PM

Clemson seems to have 5 or 6 "trap games" every year. Yet, we usually win most of them. This game will be no different. One game at a time, the next game is the most important game. GT will go down. I dont "worry" about games. Like the team, I take them one at a time and watch them play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT won't be easy. They never are. We will see what

Oct 6, 2015, 2:46 PM

we bring to the field Saturday. That will tell as much about the potential for the rest of our season as finally playing a really good team (ND).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it is.

Oct 6, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to This has trap game written all over it ]

I never criticize Dabo about anything these day but in the past I've noticed a problem.

Dabo's most positive attribute when he first got the promotion was being able to alter the team's emotion. He didn't seem to know when to stop them from getting over confident.

Dabo turned it up so high that our young gentlemen thought they couldn't be beaten. I feared that emotion but not as much as I fear what followed after the loss.

Our guys thought they couldn't win. I agree with you and I think Dabo has learned from the mistake. Seems many coaches complain about how difficult it is to get the team up week after week. Dabo's report card comes Saturday after his first test of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they score 27 on our defense...

Oct 6, 2015, 2:26 PM

...I don't know, I don't believe it's possible.

I don't expect DW to get hurt, I wouldn't expect our offense to not move the ball on them and I know GT won't be successful throwing deep.

If all that happens and our offense gives them more points than we did last year maybe they score 27. This wouldn't be a bad game it would take a total universal meltdown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I no longer worry about this game now that Coach V is in

Oct 6, 2015, 2:35 PM

charge of the defense.

If we had Remington Steele coaching, then I'd be worried***

Oct 6, 2015, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we had Remington Steele coaching, then I'd be worried***

Oct 6, 2015, 2:42 PM

Bingo

Oct 6, 2015, 2:35 PM

Had you rather then have a 3 game winning streak? Jeez

A team that is on a losing streak is a dangerous team

Oct 6, 2015, 4:51 PM

to play....especially a caliber of a program like Tech. I guess you don't understand that...this must be your first football season. ;)

GT always worries me. and boston college.

Oct 6, 2015, 2:38 PM

and everyone else.
go tigers!!!!

Nope***

Oct 6, 2015, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The concern is

Oct 6, 2015, 2:42 PM

our Offense sustaining drives and using clock. Put Tech on field more with their offense, wears down the defense. Our offense is not as everyone is pretending it is, and this is hurting us some. Our defense is elite, but put on field too much. Tech exploits this sort of thing about as good as anyone.

A 3 game losing streak isn't so much motivation to save the

Oct 6, 2015, 3:52 PM

season as it means you just ain't that good.

If we can get a nice lead again GT will get out of their gameplan and play into our hands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 5:02 PM

I still get worried when I re-watch the ND game...so you can guess my answer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. GT seems to always get up for Clemson. I remember

Oct 6, 2015, 5:26 PM

winning at Miami against nationally ranked Hurricanes - then promptly lose to Duke the following Saturday. Yep - different coaching staff - but strange things can happen - Cannot take GT for granted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we will beat them at their on game by running the

Oct 6, 2015, 5:11 PM

Ball. I think we will run the ball a bunch against GT. It keeps their defense on the field and our defense off the field playing that crazy run game play action long pass game they like to play. Our OL is getting better and loves running over teams. We win this one 28-14.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

It's on the offense..

Oct 6, 2015, 5:18 PM

This one will be on the offense imo...GT limits possessions and I think our def will play a good enough Game to win but the offense will have to make the most of the fewer possessions they get....can't afford the mistakes and 3 and outs...it think we end up winning something like 23 13

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic