Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does fast paced offense hurt us in 4th quarter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 583

Does fast paced offense hurt us in 4th quarter?

Oct 6, 2015, 1:45 PM

With the defensive depth being an issue this year, does it hurt us to have such a fast paced offense towards the end of the game if the other team has more depth on defense and won't be facing the same issue? I know you don't really want to change what built you your lead, but it seems you have to take into consideration the less time you take off the clock, the more reps the defense will have to sustain. This not only hurts us from a physical standpoint, but also gives the opposing offensive coordinators more reps to figure out where our vulnerabilities are.

Our defense held up good against the run, but seemed to be wearing out just enough on the pass rush to give their QB time to pick us apart. Thank goodness they tried to catch us offguard on the 2pt conversion with a run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does fast paced offense hurt us in 4th quarter?

Oct 6, 2015, 2:38 PM

parrot: We went into a modified "prevent" defense and it's that simple. Our DBs and safeties were playing further off the ND receivers than they did in the first 3 quarters. Played them soft and almost lost the game. There is no reason to let up on the defense that early particularly against a team like ND that can score quickly. IMO, a mistake in coaching.

NVM the fact our defense was gassed

Oct 6, 2015, 2:45 PM

Bc the offense couldn't sustain drives. In no way should Coach V be blamed for the 4th quarter comeback.

fire 'em all.... if only we were

Oct 6, 2015, 2:46 PM

4-0

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

He said his boys blew assignments.

Oct 6, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to NVM the fact our defense was gassed ]

He coached them, he called the defenses, do the math. He wasn't dodging the issue but I'm not the one making it an issue, he was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're right... if we'd slowed down Saturday, we'd

Oct 6, 2015, 2:39 PM

be 4-0 rather than 3-1

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

"Near miss" theory

Oct 6, 2015, 4:23 PM

When you go to work and have a "near miss" accident, you take precautions so the next time someone doesn't actually get hurt. You don't say since we lucked out, don't change anything.

Same thing with football, when you watch your team almost blow the lead, you ask yourself what could we have done different or what should we do different next time?

Re: Does fast paced offense hurt us in 4th quarter?

Oct 6, 2015, 2:53 PM

I think the bigger issue was the offense going 3-and-Out a couple of times in the 4th, not giving the D time to rest between drives. While I don't mind that the offense went conservative, runs up the middle are easy to stop when you know they're coming.

Just like Dabo said, great win but still lots to improve on. This team hasn't played its best football yet.

Yep***

Oct 6, 2015, 4:24 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 583
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic