Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 8,655

FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win

Oct 4, 2015, 11:14 AM

ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he's the guy who shows up at 3 am...

Oct 4, 2015, 11:18 AM

...and asks, "where's the party?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.

Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit..

Oct 4, 2015, 12:11 PM

after he spent an entire game talking highly about the team that lost, instead of taking about the team that had a decent lead through most of the game and proved they could shut down a run offense that was so highly touted.

Re: Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit..

Oct 4, 2015, 12:24 PM

Hate espn all you want but please don't hate Herbie. He has always been positive about Clemson football program and he is one of the only fairest person in that organization

Oct 4, 2015, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

Agree completely - it's never good enough that Clemson gets a win, but always an opportunity to discuss the losing opponent being in a position to win. Good news is, with the lack of respect shown by the media towards the ACC and Clemson in general, our guys show up each week with a chip on their shoulders and lean on one another as a "unit" to do what it takes to get it done - a result of great coaching. I'm not concerned with "style points," because a Win is a Win - keep winning and the pundits will have nothing else to talk about!

Oct 4, 2015, 12:27 PM

If anybody in the media *really* cared about "style points" then Ohio State wouldn't even be in the Top 5.

Uh....Sure***

Oct 4, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 4, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

I wouldn't dwell on it. Herby has always given as a fair shake...in fact I'd go as far to say he likes us a lot.

Yep ... and

Oct 4, 2015, 12:47 PM

.. and we finally justified his support over the years when we'd leave him with egg on his face repeatedly.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep ... and

Oct 4, 2015, 1:08 PM

Compared to the rest, he's the most favorable towards us.

Dear Chris Fowler

Oct 8, 2015, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

Herbstreit is one of the greatest and always does well. I like him a lot. He truly likes to see Clemson do well. Now Chris Fowler on the other hand should never be allowed to hold a mic during a Clemson game ever again and I would have enjoyed watching him cry after the game. You could hear him begin to whimper before they went off air.

This Clemson fan doesn't have a problem with Herbstreit

Oct 4, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

I think that we've won him over.

As far as the talking heads on TV not giving Clemson respect, I think that gives us an advantage in that it keeps us hungry. The teams that are stroked by ESPN in August, September, and October (e.g., Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Oregon, Arizona State) begin to read their press clippings and think that all they have to do is show up to get the "W". The teams that ESPN fawn over early in the season are eventually exposed (if the praise is undeserved) and I think that the favorable press coverage they get contributes to their inability to prepare mentally when playing teams that are suppose to be the underdogs. In the end, it's the teams that win their conferences in November, regardless of which teams were the darlings at the beginning of the season.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

I think that is unfair to say. I think both Herbie and Fowler are straight shooters. Might your feelings that they showed favoritism to ND be because of the comeback in the late going? Let's face it we were so lucky to win this game. I'll post list of concerns in a new post.

Always liked Herbie until last night

Oct 4, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans are not impressed with Herbstreit.. ]

He absolutely made it the Notre Dame show. I was surprised since he is usually more fair than most of the other ESPN commentators.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win

Oct 4, 2015, 1:35 PM

Herbie, you were a little late coming to the party....it was all about ND with all your ESPN clowns and during the entire game except at very end AFTER we won...so KEEP your biased and stupid opinions to yourself cause we don't care....Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Herbstreit's man crush....

Oct 4, 2015, 2:26 PM

... on Notre "lame" and any northern team. Man, what an announcing "love affair". Several times it seemed like he was going down on the field and French kiss most of the Irish team. Next time he needs to leave his "man feelings" back north.

Re: FB Update: ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win

Oct 4, 2015, 4:55 PM

This is for everyone who thinks Dabo will jump to Alabams should they ever need a new coach.
Like Herbstreit pointed out, Dabo is mighty proud of the program he has built at Clemson. Also, this week, Dabo made a comment about how 30 years from now, people will be talking about the Clemson program the way they talk about the Notre Dame's and Alabama's now. He would be crazy to go to Alabama, where there is nothing to prove. At Clemson, he can continue to build a program to rival all of the traditional power houses and be known as the coach who did it. If he went to Alabama, all he could do is maintain what they have. It would be nearly impossible to improve on what Saban has done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to say no if your alma mater comes calling...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:14 PM

even harder when they can pay what Bama will pay. If Saban retires, I'll be on edge until they find the replacement.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to say no if your alma mater comes calling...

Oct 4, 2015, 11:48 PM

Dabo has already proven that money is not what motivates him. If he ever went to Bama, I don't think it would have anything to do with money. I think he stays here and becomes the coach that built the Clemson dynasty. There is absolutely nothing to be accomplished at Alabama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 8,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic